Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

rwquilts 09-29-2012 06:26 AM

Cute trees Mary!

kensington 09-29-2012 08:42 AM

We have hobby Lobby... I've bought fabric there. They have some good stuff, but not a lot. It depends on what you are looking for. Try it.

kensington 09-29-2012 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5549213)
Cute trees Mary!

I certainly agree.

quiltpd 09-29-2012 07:28 PM

Oh gosh, I love all the blocks ! I'd like to join. Probably 4 sets. Will send a pm Rhonda.

rwquilts 09-29-2012 08:26 PM

LOL quiltpd! Just disregard my pm where I ask how may sets you want to make? I see you've already shared that info. Welcome to our party!!! :)

jaba 09-30-2012 08:55 AM

Ronda just wondering if you have received mine in the mail yet? Just want to make sure they got there

rwquilts 09-30-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5551952)
Ronda just wondering if you have received mine in the mail yet? Just want to make sure they got there

LOL! Perhaps you were typing as I was typing a PM to you regards your blocks arriving? :)

craft phanatic 09-30-2012 09:57 AM

So good to hear of all the new sign ups!! All the blocks are just so cool, aren't they. The jar idea is AWESOME and I sure wish I would have thought of it! Quick question for everyone.....is anyone making any 3.5" squares? I'm working on my third set. They are red work snow flakes but with blue thread instead of red. I'll post a pic when I get the first one done. Have a great Sunday everyone!! Robin

marytoddliz 09-30-2012 10:06 AM

OH, Robin I can't wait to see your blocks. I made some Orange work into black work for halloween. I can't understand why the design called for orange when the black just Popped!

But I change the color a lot that to me is part of the fun. But I really do love Red work. I am making a Redwork table cover for my sister for christmas and it is turning out so cute.

I think I am going to put a border of PS blocks around the edge, so I don't forget I am a quilter first! LOL.

dottie dodge 09-30-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 5547357)
I'm signing up for this swap too. Sheri, let me know what you are using for candy. I really like that idea! Thanks Kensington for the idea. All the blocks that have been posted are so great. Love them all!

Okay, I went shopping Friday, three quilt shops and no candy fabric. Would you believe I did not buy any fabric? Anyway, I found some chocolate candies at Over The Rainbow that I ordered for my jar of candy. I ordered enough QuilterMomma that the jars will be fat and chock full!:D They claim they can get 11 yards in a flat rate envelope for 5.95 so I had to take advantage of that. So much for "no buy" unless I use right away. Oh well, I managed to not buy for 9 months. It's pretty bad when they ask if they had done something to offend you because you haven't been in for so long. I also saw a quilt pattern for ornament blocks by Thimble Blossoms that I'm going to recreate for this swap. The pattern has 12 different blocks, 4 of which I really really liked. Can I make 4 different ornament blocks (total 20) or do you think they would be too much alike? I have other ideas for blocks too so it will not be a big deal. Sue