Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

javin22 10-26-2012 08:52 PM

YIPPIE!!!! My Dream come true!!!! Thanks so much. Vinae

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5615110)
Then the sleigh ride it is. I generally do them in blue, love how they show up, might try one in the gold to see how it looks. The red is not a good color in that one.

javin22 10-26-2012 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5614843)
Mail's in! Received blocks from Owlvamp, Javin22 and Kensington! Cute, cute blocks, and an extra thank you to Owlvamp and Javin22. You know what for... :)

So glad they made it and you're welcome. :) Thank you...

urgodschild2 10-27-2012 08:19 AM

The Sleigh Ride is a MUST HAVE. That is so darn cute and absolutely beautiful.

QuilterMomma 10-27-2012 09:10 AM

Have the sleigh rides done, the bell/poinsetta done, the ornament of tranquility done, now onto the bell. I think I will also do the poinsetta and holly. It is pretty.

Fraew 10-27-2012 09:22 AM

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

2 Attachment(s)
I embroidered 2 sets of snowmen last night. They are blue cotton on Kona white (you'd never guess from the photos). Do you like them as is? Or do you want blue borders, corners or something else? I like how we are working these blocks out together. :)

jaba 10-27-2012 09:28 AM

They are so cute Fraew, either way for me. I always figure if I happen to get one and need it a little bigger for the correct placement in the quilt, I can add a border. Whatever you decide will be great I'm sure.

Pink Lady 10-27-2012 11:32 AM

Oh I love the sleigh rides growing up we had a couple teams of horses and gave sleigh rides. The snowmen are sooooo cute I love them. I need some money I want a machine to do all these wonderful blocks :)

rwquilts 10-27-2012 11:49 AM

Frae, your snowmen are adorable! I've been waiting to see what fun blocks you were going to post...as to border, corners, etc. If your embroidery is smaller and you have more space I think borders of some kind add a nice touch, but if the embroidery work covers most of the block, it's entirely up to you! Your embroidery work appears to take up most of the space and they look awesome as they are, but if you want borders, I'm sure they'll be wonderful as well...what fun, fun, fun!!! It's so great that some of you have embroidery machines and can make such fun pretties so those of us who don't can still swap and get one or two.

QuilterMomma 10-27-2012 12:11 PM

I am looking forward to those pieced blocks. Those are really nice. Marlena thought they were perfect, ie why I am in. I have finished up the bells now and takinga b reak so I can get on the longarm. I am making snowflakes for the craft. This has been good, I have also finished up the bargello I needed done, a block that needed done, and sewed up my triangle ornaments. I have even cut up the blocks for another quilt that a customer has paid me to o for them. It is looking really nice. Had to switch out a color and I think it worked out well. back to work for me ladies, potty/water break over. YEs, I will post photos when I am done longarming, also I need to trim up the blocks so they look nice.

Fraew, love those snowmen. They are going to look pretty with what I have.

quiltpd 10-27-2012 03:08 PM

Quiltermomma - the sleigh ride is gorgeous ! It's when I see something beautiful like that that I pine for an embroidery machine.