Quilt Blocks for Marty

Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Here is the finished block. I'm going to wait to mail this. I want to try an make another block before I mail. Hopefully I will have time.
Robyn, that is so sweet!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Kellie G
Robyn, your FMQ is great!!!! And the block is adorable.

This is the block I made for Wanda Lou to put in Marty's quilt. I hope they both like it.
Kellie, that is so nice of you. We're all praying for Wanda Lou to pull through fast!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM

I'm sitting here feeling so frustrated & sad. I don't have a dedicated sewing area, so my dining room table has wear many hats, including sewing table, supper table, homework area, etc. I finally came up with how I was going to quilt my block for Marty & was excited to tackle that job once my kids were in bed. I only get to sew from 9 PM until I can't stay up any longer once my kids are settled. Anyway, my son was working on a class project this evening & failed to move my Marty block out of his way. He set his tools onto the block which pushed it down onto a pen & the pen leaked a black spot on my block. I still have enough fabric to make it again, but it is still so very sad to me. I'll get it back together & move forward again...
Old 10-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by TiltedEars
I'm sitting here feeling so frustrated & sad. I don't have a dedicated sewing area, so my dining room table has wear many hats, including sewing table, supper table, homework area, etc. I finally came up with how I was going to quilt my block for Marty & was excited to tackle that job once my kids were in bed. I only get to sew from 9 PM until I can't stay up any longer once my kids are settled. Anyway, my son was working on a class project this evening & failed to move my Marty block out of his way. He set his tools onto the block which pushed it down onto a pen & the pen leaked a black spot on my block. I still have enough fabric to make it again, but it is still so very sad to me. I'll get it back together & move forward again...
Oh man, that is frustrating! Hugs out to you!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 PM

All the blocks look beautiful - the quilt will look spectacular when it's finished. This is my block - hope Marty will like it.

butterfly block for Marty's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270392[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270339.jpe  
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 AM

Marty is going to have a beautiful garden quilt, the butterfly is very pretty!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312
All the blocks look beautiful - the quilt will look spectacular when it's finished. This is my block - hope Marty will like it.
Very pretty. Your quilting is wonderful!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 AM

So sorry that happened! Sending hugs to you!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:05 AM

Ouch - that is frustrating; the second block will have twice as much love because it's the second time around; sending you two hugs one for you and one for your son that caused the accident.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:01 AM

I couldn't help thinking if these blocks were individually finished and hung on walls it'd be like walking into an art gallery. They're all so special and unique; great job everyone! I'm starting my block today. :D