Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 10-29-2009, 10:27 AM

I have never done this before eitherbut I can't wait to get you because I have star block ideas. one of my sons is a space freak nd I did a blute and white star quilt for him. took forever but it was great.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 AM

I hate to be such a pest but I am not comptuer savy. I went to what I thought was page 6 but didnl\'t find the match up list. What did I do wrong Thanks for the patience
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
Wow are you fast. It took me all night to make up my mind on fabric.
I didn't say anything about fabric, just pattern!!! Fabric is a whole other story!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by unfinished business
I hate to be such a pest but I am not comptuer savy. I went to what I thought was page 6 but didnl\'t find the match up list. What did I do wrong Thanks for the patience
That's coz it's page 9. Blue must have been lysdexic.
Just go by whatever she sends you in your pm or email since the roster is not updated.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:42 PM

I am thrilled about my two partners for Nov and Dec - kgoodhand and blueribbontoes!! This will be fun.
I know kgoodhand is trying to play shy - she is the real SuperWoman and probably has my block all done and in the mail. Must be all the Coke she drinks :lol:
I am going to have fun with both themes and am so glad we have so many participants. Thank you for all the organization, blueribbontoes!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:51 PM

I have my Nov block sketched out and the templates cut...now I just have to make a side trip to my LQS to pick out some fabric! This is so much fun...can't wait to get started on my Dec block. I am goign to choose my fabric while I am at the LQS but still am not sure what the block design will be.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:31 PM

Hey, I need to protect my Super Woman status! Not only is my November blocks done- I had two partners- but they're mailed and I am almost done with a needle turn iris flower. Take that! Bwhahahahaaaa!

Sorry. Bad afternoon, I needed to show off, lol.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 PM

They are in the mail already??????????/

While it may only take me an hour to sew mine up it will take days and days to plan, pick fabric, re plan, re pick fabric, agonize over the whole thing then get down to work.

:D

Is there any specific due date?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 PM

WOW, blueribbontoes - you move FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET >>Guess you are Super-Superwoman :lol: I will be taking my sweet, old time because my best speed is s-l-o-w.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:25 PM

Some blocks come together for me very fast, and others take forever. The iris block is very time consuming. I think it is perfect. I hope you think so, too, MadeinMaine.

I have an art degree, and a background working in a scrapbook shop making wedding invations. I would make 300+ invitations in a matter of days- and they would have to be perfect. I learned how to move quick I guess. No rushing here- I just make good use of my time when I am able. :)

If you ladies get my blocks and don't like them, I'll make something new. No biggie. :D

(And I cheated, I had partners assigned days and days ago. I put all the names in a hat and drew them out. Emailing them took the longest. So, I had a head start.)