Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

I received mine in the mail yesterday from Beachlady... but I had a techinical difficulty with hers ( :oops: ) so I won't open and enjoy mine from her until I get hers in the mail .
Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

Mmmmmhhhhhh I got another delicious block in the mail from sew cornie. It is beautiful. Don't have yours ready yet but I have the fabric. Wanna see?

I also have Knot Sew's December block ready. I think I'll post that in my PDA for now.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-1011.jpe   attachment-1013.jpe  
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Some one mailed me a yard of a really fun Christmas print, so I am going to get busy making some Christmas blocks. I will then randomly pull a few names from a hat- aiming for three- to receive them as a December bonus. (Just as a treat.) The winners won't know they have won until they receive their blocks in the mail. :)
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 PM

What a great idea BRT! I might have to copy that, I will see how my time allows :-)
Old 11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Love your Block MadQuilter, that is purty!!! :D :D :D
Those are some mighty fine flannels, too!!!

Blueribbontoes, that is so very sweet and kind of you!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Mmmmmhhhhhh I got another delicious block in the mail from sew cornie. It is beautiful. Don't have yours ready yet but I have the fabric. Wanna see?

I also have Knot Sew's December block ready. I think I'll post that in my PDA for now.
Glad to see your block arrived safely. That one was a toughy to send -- it kept trying to sneak out of the envelope whispering, "Keep Me! Keep Me!" :lol: :lol:

And oooohhh those plaids look yummy! Thanks for the peek!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew cornie
That one was a toughy to send -- it kept trying to sneak out of the envelope whispering, "Keep Me! Keep Me!"
I bet. The block is absolutely gorgeous. My colors totally!.

amma, they are actually homespuns and those purdy litttle suckers bleed like there is no tomorrow. Glad I threw them in the sink to prewash - and prewash - and prewash. They are in the dryer right now. I found a pattern for the block tonight. YEAH!

I forgot what a great source of block ideas the book "It's OK if you sit on my quilt" is. It breaks the blocks down by divisions and I went to the "sixes" since it's a 12" block. Steeee-rike!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 AM

Mad, love your new fall block from sew cornie. Ask for leaves and you shall receive! Beautiful!

Moosegirl, your blocks are gorgeous! Where do you get your patterns? Never seen either of those.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 AM

Everyone is so talented. I am really glad I joined this swap.

I received my block from Knot Sew and it was PERFECT. I have to post pictures, I just havent done it yet :(
Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 AM

Everyone is so talented. I am really glad I joined this swap.

I received my block from Knot Sew and it was PERFECT. I have to post pictures, I just havent done it yet :( The block has a big center square of batik owl print with a double border of batik. As I stated it is PERFECT. I was excited before, but even more so since receiving my first. Oh yah as if the block was not great enough, she sent me along enough scraps to make another 12.5 block of the same fabric (Yippeeeeeeee!!!)

Thanks Ruth, I love it!!!!