Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by lindy-2 View Post
I can do the four blocks for the center but would blocks with smaller sqares look better? kind off like a chain?i found some fabrics that look good a focal for the center that has lavender and pale blue and a pale purply blue one and a light purple and a white tot for the background
You could make a double or triple irish chain and use the stars as the focal point. This would make the quilt 56" sq. without a border. You would need to make the stars unfinished at 10.5", add the border pieces of 2.5" and then make 14.5" 49-patches with 2.5" squares. Does this make sense? Then you don't have to worry about setting triangles. You'd need 8 star blocks and 8 49-patch blocks. That's just and idea using your ideas that also works well with scrappy and white-on-white background. Let me know when to contribute for caroline's quilt. Sounds like Lindy's is covered. Good job ladies.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

Lindy, I like the chain idea. It sounds nice. Go for it.
You are the only one doing those blocks so as long as the pattern is the same and fabrics blend with the rest it should be good.

I can do the four blocks for the center but would blocks with smaller sqares look better? kind off like a chain?i found some fabrics that look good a focal for the center that has lavender and pale blue and a pale purply blue one and a light purple and a white tot for the background
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Power Poster

Thank you foxflower but I think we are out of the gates already beyond the point of return and working on this. I am trusting it will all look good.

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
You could make a double or triple irish chain and use the stars as the focal point. This would make the quilt 56" sq. without a border. You would need to make the stars unfinished at 10.5", add the border pieces of 2.5" and then make 14.5" 49-patches with 2.5" squares. Does this make sense? Then you don't have to worry about setting triangles. You'd need 8 star blocks and 8 49-patch blocks. That's just and idea using your ideas that also works well with scrappy and white-on-white background. Let me know when to contribute for caroline's quilt. Sounds like Lindy's is covered. Good job ladies.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:59 AM

I would be willing to cover 50% of the cost of shipping. Please will someone PM me and let me know where to send it and if you accept PayPal. So happy that I can help get her quilt to the UK.

Linda58
Old 08-31-2012, 05:50 AM

ok will start on them asap
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Lindy, I like the chain idea. It sounds nice. Go for it.
You are the only one doing those blocks so as long as the pattern is the same and fabrics blend with the rest it should be good.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Linda58 that is extremely generous of you. Thank you! I will PM you soon.

Originally Posted by Linda58 View Post
I would be willing to cover 50% of the cost of shipping. Please will someone PM me and let me know where to send it and if you accept PayPal. So happy that I can help get her quilt to the UK.

Linda58
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Thank you Lindy! Just pm me to let me know when they are done. I had some one contact me to help out with some of the stars too.It sounds like we are off to a good start.

ok will start on them asap
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM

Hi,

I was not a part of this swap. I wanted to sign up but the timing wasn't right. I just read most of the posts and see you are needing a quilt. I just finished a quilt - modern style - that I would be willing to donate if you need it. It is primary red, yellow, orange, lime green, teal, gray. It is quilted on my domestic sewing machine in a meandering stitch. Let me know. The fabric is Half Moon Modern by Moda.

Lauri
[email protected]

Last edited by nclauri; 08-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Hi Lauri,

That is so sweet of you.
I think there might possibly one more person that has not recieved a quilt. I am sure Jillaine, the swap coordinator, will contact you if this is the case. My story is just such, one of a donated quilt by some one not in the swap (ccarter) when my original swap partner dropped out. My quilt means so much to me and I use it daily.Thank you for offering. Like I wrote, Jillaine will probably contact you if it there is still another person.

Quilty hugs
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM

​That is so sweet of you!

Originally Posted by nclauri View Post
Hi,

I was not a part of this swap. I wanted to sign up but the timing wasn't right. I just read most of the posts and see you are needing a quilt. I just finished a quilt - modern style - that I would be willing to donate if you need it. It is primary red, yellow, orange, lime green, teal, gray. It is quilted on my domestic sewing machine in a meandering stitch. Let me know. The fabric is Half Moon Modern by Moda.

Lauri
[email protected]