Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 02-23-2012, 01:35 PM

I am still drinking mine. The little guy, Jasper, wakes me up twice during the night. I have been getting up at 4:00am and going to be at 10:00pm. I am not bad with 6 hours of sleep, but that interuption in the middle of it makes it a bit harder. Not sure I want to loose another pet. I lost my Cuddles two years ago in April and still miss her. Trying to sweet talk the hubby into letting me get another one like her. He says medium dog, I say as long as it snuggles with me and understands like my Cuddles did and I do not care. Jasper is my daughter's buddy. She comes home this weekend. Hope my vet bill is not much.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM

PHD stands for Projects Half Done. Don't you just love that? Less negative than UFO.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 PM

It is better, refined even. Giggle.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 AM

Just finished my quilt top...now to find someone to quilt it for me...never done that before.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
PHD stands for Projects Half Done. Don't you just love that? Less negative than UFO.
Oh yes--I like this acronym!!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
Just finished my quilt top...now to find someone to quilt it for me...never done that before.
If ya can't find someone, let me know, if you do not mailing it, I could do it for you. I work for scraps. (LOL)

Finished the top now, took a photo, now to set a quilting design I may like. I could do a panto on it that I have which is really lovely and would complete the top nicely, or do I want to try and make a whole new design. How much time do I have again? that may be my factor. With life being so much fun, not sure will have to think about it. If I can get the photo to go black and white, will post a no peak photo of it for everyone to see. Darn I have to figure out computer work.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM

Spoiler Alert for jillnjo, do not look there girl. I did it in black and white so not to reveal the "pastel". Just working on quilt design.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 AM

I have spent the afternoon taking the inner border off my quilt top...arrrghhh Hope they go back on properly tomorrow and then I can get the outer border in place. Then I think I will hand quilt mine, not confident enough to do the quilting design I have decided on my machine and can't afford to send out to a LAQ here, they are just so overpriced for what they do.

So vanogay, your quilt is about 2 months away from being finished but will definitely get to you well before the July deadline.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:10 AM

I have spent the afternoon taking the inner border off my quilt top...arrrghhh Hope they go back on properly tomorrow and then I can get the outer border in place. Then I think I will hand quilt mine, not confident enough to do the quilting design I have decided on my machine and can't afford to send out to a LAQ here, they are just so overpriced for what they do.

So vanogay, your quilt is about 2 months away from being finished but will definitely get to you well before the July deadline.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Beckie, I have been very slow on yours but it really looks nice! I have received several compliments on it already and I only have 9 blocks done. My DH David is having brain surgery yomorrow to rule out cancer before his other major surgery on the 12th to remove the esophagial cancer. So in between dr. visits to Boston and treatments I work on your quilt. God will help me thru this very hard time. I have had 40 years already with him and I still want more. Hope your surgery goes well and you will be in my prayers.
Carolyn