Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 06-16-2012, 07:59 PM

Finally, after several hours sewing 1.5" pieces of scraps from the log cabins, I finally finished all the 3" 9 patch blocks for the border. I have sewn it on and is on the longarm now. I just may get it done this weekend like I want to. Will ahve to get the embroidery machine out so can do a label. Whew, so close. Tam Moo is also my monthly block partner for June and I have her block already done! Got two things done today.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Finally, after several hours sewing 1.5" pieces of scraps from the log cabins, I finally finished all the 3" 9 patch blocks for the border. I have sewn it on and is on the longarm now. I just may get it done this weekend like I want to. Will ahve to get the embroidery machine out so can do a label. Whew, so close. Tam Moo is also my monthly block partner for June and I have her block already done! Got two things done today.
Oh my 3" 9 block, dang cannot wait to see what you made, I hope you post photos!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:06 PM

I got the most gorgeous quilt today!!! I will post photos tomorrow, promise, tonight I am going to enjoy my quilt that Linda made just for me! It is made in my all time favorite colors, aubergine and pumpkin, and I could not of asked for a better quilt swap partner!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58 View Post
Wendy, you will find that your quilt has a few mistakes too. So I hope you love it in spite of the boo boo's. I will love your quilt because of the mistakes. I am serious, I will love it because it was made by you!

My PO opens at 11:00am today, I am going to get my quilt!!!

Linda58
It is PERFECT!!!! I love LOVE love my quilt! There is definitely no doubt that you put in a lot of thought and a lot of work in making this for me! THANK YOU Linda!!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 PM

Finally done quilting Tam Moos quilt. Now to get that binding on and label. Getting out the embroidery machine as we speak so I can make a label for her. I think I could get into doing applique on the longarm.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342763[/ATTACH]Here is some eye candy! this is the ultimate beauty that Linda made just for me, notice how perfect the colors are? And she is full of flowers, so I got my garden quilt in my favorite colors, how lucky of a gal am I?!!

Here is the one I made for Linda, please excuse the messy office, I had my camera at my office and did not want to come all the way home to take a photo since Ilive a wee bit out of town and wanted to mail her's straight away!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342764[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3226.jpg   img_3227.jpg   img_3221.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM

I am so excited...I have finished your quilt and your June swap block is done as well...I have never done a block with batiks....interesting texture to sew but I think the sawtooth star pattern block turned out really cute...in blue just like you asked requested. This has been such a great swap...thanks quilter momma for swapping with me!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Both quilts are gorgeous....I would never have thought to put the orange and purple together but it is so rich and beautiful and I think the black and white is beautiful and elegant.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM

Love the black and white one.

I especially love that purple and brown.orange quilt. Those are more my preference unless it was blue.

Tam Moo, need an address for you left you pm. Wanted to make that label. I have your block done also. Did that last night while I was winding down. I am on the label and the binding.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:40 AM

Those are beautiful quilts. The purple and pumpkin is really stunning, I would not have thought of those 2 colors together. The black and white is so classic.