Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 06-22-2012, 07:55 PM

Tam moo and QuilterMomma,those are really wonderful quilts the two of you have created for each other! I love the colors and the designs in both of them. So happy you are both at rest now and can sit back and enjoy the rest of the show.
Me...I'm still plugging away on Sewnmom's quilt. I can only work for very limited amounts of time since my sternum still has not closed and healed up. Too much movement of the arms makes for a very long day/night. Still, I'm determined to finish the challenge to the best of my abilities. I so hope that Sewnmom thinks it was worth it in the end and loves the quilt I am making just for her. I think the top looks great, myself.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 AM

My quilt came yesterday...!! i have not opened it. i am waiting until i mail hers (dltaylor)out! i am so excited..yippee! my very own quilt is sitting in a box on the table..waiting...waiting! Kim
Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 AM

My swapper buddy and I just mailed our quilts for each other out!!! Can't wait!!!! Yay.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:02 AM

That is so beautiful. You really have a gem there Tam Moo. I love, love the 30 prints so much. The Sun Bonnet Sue fabrics are wonderful aren't they! Love the backing. I'm collecting Sun Bonnet Sues from a swap I was in and Fox Flower made me several that are originals she drew. These are very, very special to me since she drew them.

I sent my lap quilt out to Michigan yesterday and partner will receive on Monday, can't wait for her to get it. Partner also sent mine the same day. Talk about the Happy Dances going on, here on this board. Wasn't this a great swap Jillaine hosted for us all. She's such a sweet quilter to do this for all of us.
I will post my lap quilt I made after partner has seen it.

By the way quilters on this board, Fox Flower hasn't been posting because her PC is taking a break and refusing to run. I'm sure it won't be long before we hear from FF and all about her lap quilt.
Bye all, we have to calm ourselves to be able to see our wonderful lap quilts.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:14 AM

Oh how I know how you feel. I just had to do that to myself. Got mine out the next day just so I could open it. Now don't torture yourself to long Kim. It might get to your bladder.
Originally Posted by watterstide View Post
My quilt came yesterday...!! i have not opened it. i am waiting until i mail hers (dltaylor)out! i am so excited..yippee! my very own quilt is sitting in a box on the table..waiting...waiting! Kim
Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 AM

Doing some analysis this morning of where the swap stands. Turns out that if your QB name starts with "T", you are more likely than anyone else in the swap to have lost your swap partner. Of the six pairs that "fell apart" because someone went MIA, FOUR left swappers with QB names starting with "T"! And those "T"s are also more likely to have completed a quilt for their MIA partners!

I'm still waiting to hear from one of those "T"s about if she's heard from her partner, and I've already got something in play for another "T", but I want ALL you "T's" to know that I am committed to finding you a quilt, and helping you find a home for the quilt you have completed for another quilter. And based on what's stored in my handy spreadsheet, there are two of you who might make good partners with each other!

I *think* everyone else is accounted for.

There are only a few of you still working away, but who have communicated with me and with each other your status. And that's all good.

In the meantime, keep posting photos!

Your swap-momma,
Jillaine
Old 06-24-2012, 07:57 AM

Hi IrelandDragon, my lap quilt went out Friday 6/22 and it's getting into Michigan tomorrow 6/25 they say. Priority mail. I haven't been able to sit still since last week. Lots of HAPPY DANCING!! going on this quilt board. Can't wait, anymore It's like waiting another 6 months to hear if it's been delivered.

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
WAY TO GO JIGS!!

LOL Poor QuilterMomma!! boy do I KNOW that feeling!! hehehehehe
Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 AM

OMG these quilts are beautiful.........if you do these swap again I would love to join
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 PM

Jigs, isn't that the truth?! It is so incredibly exciting! This was an AWESOME idea that is for certain!!! Kudos to Jilliane! Cannot wait to see your photos, hope you post some Jigs!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 AM

The quilt I made is done and will be in the mail to JenGaile today.

Hello all and Jigs No computer yet, but am checking messages at least once a week.