Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010 >

Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010

Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010

Old 02-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Nothing wrong with red/white/blue nine-patches as far as I'm concerned. I think they would look great in the patriotic quilt -- I like the one in your avatar.
Thank you. It is my first queen size I made for my son and daughter-in-law. They chose the colors and patterns (all rustic, outdoors types). I noticed several people named blocks from the Quilter's Cache, so I went there and got some ideas. I would love to participate if the 9-patch is okay, I will work with that. Now I'm so excited! :-) Thanks for not turning me away. :-)
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Brenda,
There are a lot of simple blocks you can do. See examples below. If you need help pm me. We'd love to have you in the swap, it's open to ALL skill levels.
Originally Posted by BrendaB
I would also like to be part of this swap, but I'm rather inexperienced and have only done 9-patch and just learned to do triangles. From one of the posts, it sounded like there should not be any duplicates. Any ideas or opinions. Should I sit this one out?
How cool are you to help me out? Oh, thank you, thank you. I love your suggestions too. Can't wait to shop for the fabrics. Does anyone know offhand how much yardage is needed for 12 squares at 12-1/2 inches? (I have to go back and check if it is 12 or 12-1/2 and am thinking a yard of each? I always get extra, just don't want to get too little) You are all the best!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:53 PM

sucker that I am- I'm in- Card Trick. I made this for a block exchange about 2 years ago and I did it in red, white and blue and I loved how it turned out.

If you get to doubles- let me know, I love doing the Ohio Star too.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM

You could do two sets lol
Originally Posted by Barbm
sucker that I am- I'm in- Card Trick. I made this for a block exchange about 2 years ago and I did it in red, white and blue and I loved how it turned out.

If you get to doubles- let me know, I love doing the Ohio Star too.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Nothing wrong with red/white/blue nine-patches as far as I'm concerned. I think they would look great in the patriotic quilt -- I like the one in your avatar.
Thank you. It is my first queen size I made for my son and daughter-in-law. They chose the colors and patterns (all rustic, outdoors types). I noticed several people named blocks from the Quilter's Cache, so I went there and got some ideas. I would love to participate if the 9-patch is okay, I will work with that. Now I'm so excited! :-) Thanks for not turning me away. :-)
I love the 9 patch (see my avatar too, hee hee). It's such a classic and think it would be beautiful in this color scheme. Hope I get one of yours in the swap!

:thumbup:
Old 02-25-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks norbana, will add to my "todo" list.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I love the 9 patch (see my avatar too, hee hee). It's such a classic and think it would be beautiful in this color scheme. Hope I get one of yours in the swap!

:thumbup:
Speaking of your avatar, I have studied and studied it trying to figure out how you got such beautiful colors. I sure would love to have one just like it. I think it is striking. :-)
Old 02-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Speaking of your avatar, I have studied and studied it trying to figure out how you got such beautiful colors. I sure would love to have one just like it. I think it is striking. :-)

Thank you so much! It's all reds, yellows, greens, and blues (both mediums and darks). A pretty controlled pallette but my favorite colors to work with.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Thank you so much! It's all reds, yellows, greens, and blues (both mediums and darks). A pretty controlled pallette but my favorite colors to work with.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:59 PM

I'd love to do this. It is my first swap ever. I'll do "Mr. Roosevelt's Necktie" for sure and maybe another when done with those.