Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap for March 2013

I just finished a mug rug swap and now ready to switch gears back to this swap. I am staring at fabrics, letting them speak to me. They are usually silent today. hmmmmm....
    HQ18 Avante

Blog Entries
    How are we doing everyone?? Only a week left!! Let me know when you mail and when you receive! Just post it here is fine.

Looking forward to the pictures!! make sure you post a pic of your quilt block!

Here's the block I sent out for this exchange (I made two of the same). They were mailed today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HQ18 Avante

Blog Entries
    Love it Shelley! I love to see someone using the star points and your colors are great together

Blog Entries
    working on mine should be finished tomorow i kno its late, not going to be in april, got to get caught up,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    working on mine should be finished tomorrow i know its late, not going to be in april, got to get caught up,
    Thanks for letting us know.

Shelley, that is beautiful!!! I have not branched out for points, yet. Still just doing squares, HS, and pinwheels. Maybe I will attempt points for this month. We will just have to see.

I will be postal soon. The past 2 weeks have been extremely busy between work (the end of the month) and Easter holiday falling at the same time has been hard on me getting in the sewing corner. I plan to be there Thursday most of the day, since it is my comp day since I worked all day this past Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Shelley, that is beautiful!!! I have not branched out for points, yet. Still just doing squares, HS, and pinwheels. Maybe I will attempt points for this month. We will just have to see.

I tried them several ways- with a 30 degree ruler, using lines on my cutting mat. Then I made a template for paper piecing, and do them that way exclusively now. They go along so fast now, and are totally accurate- two of the things that frustrated me before with having to measure them all the time. I know this is not Rhonda's method, but I so love the speed at which they go together, which allows me to enjoy the beautiful designs these Star Points make.

I cringe when I see a wall hanging I did of Rhonda's, and knowing it took me months to do, when I could do it now in a week, with much greater accuracy. But, sewing itself is a learning curve.
    HQ18 Avante

And just because I teased you with that wall hanging, I thought I'd take a picture of it. It needs to be blocked out to be fully square since the last time I washed it, but you get the idea.

Rhonda's design was featured on this page:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...locks-134.html
    I also did the one to the left of that one, but I think that one is still a UFO- I think I was deciding whether it wanted a border or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sgardner; 04-03-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    HQ18 Avante

Pretty!

I am not fond of paper piecing. Maybe I need to practice.

Blog Entries
    I don't know how to paper piece Tracey. You can use my shortcut methods. that is why I posted this swap To encourage people to try my methods. some quilters and Shelley is one will take it one more step forward! which is fine. I often take someone else's ideas and play off of that. Actually that is how my shortcuts were born. I saw an idea on Simply Quilts and tweaked it to suit myself.

BTW Shelley I posted paper templates (NOT paper piecing) for the star points and the wing blocks.
    they are listed in the first post.

I have the paper templates that my grandmother and her sister used. Treasures I now have. I misread that. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    working on mine should be finished tomorow i kno its late, not going to be in april, got to get caught up,
    This block was received; thank you.

Shelley
    HQ18 Avante

I forgot to post in here! I am postal. Here is my block to connies.

Name:  march bom.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  8.4 KB

I received a "lost" BOM for March in yesterday's mail. Thank you connies!! It is beautiful.

Name:  March BOM rec'd.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  9.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Tracey that is pretty. Wow it was really lost wasn't it?
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3