Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little RoO View Post
    The baby is due on the 21st but my thoughts are it might be early....my daughter is tiny....just five feet tall and a good puff of wind would normally blow her over. Her bump is big and the baby is just the right size for the weeks.....but I'm not sure she will go another twelve weeks without popping! ....what is the betting that I am wrong and it ends up being a June baby?
    Talking birth dates.....we have two daughters and a couple of years ago one of them happened to comment that did WE realise that they are born exactly 9 months after my husband and I have birthdays...literally within days (birthday 21st July daughter born 20th April birthday 28th October daughter born 11th August 2 weeks late and induced !!!!.....not a lot we could say really!

Just hope she has a good delivery with a healthy baby!! Of course I understand you won't be able to join in but maybe by the next time you will be able to again.

Blog Entries
    My birthday is May 16, and my mom's birthday was June 1, and her name is June, and she married dad in June so their anniversary was in June. I miss her so much. Hence my board name JuneBillie. June my mom's first name, and Billie my mother in laws first name. They are both together in heaven now.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    My birthday is May 16, and my mom's birthday was June 1, and her name is June, and she married dad in June so their anniversary was in June. I miss her so much. Hence my board name JuneBillie. June my mom's first name, and Billie my mother in laws first name. They are both together in heaven now.
    My dad has been in Heaven for 22 yrs now, I think of him every single day. We got married on my mom's birthday and my dad sang happy birthday to my mom in my ear as he walked me down teh aisle as he knew how nervous I was! LOL My son and his wife got married on May 16 my parents wedding anniversary. My youngest son got married the day before my birthday as it didn't work out on my day. I also found out my great grandparents also got married on Jan 19(our anniversary) only many years earlier of course LOL

Blog Entries
    one sister sang the bumble bee tuna song as she went down the aisle. the other was humming the current mcdonald's song. i got married at home in the living room and had to walk from my folks' bedroom. no time to sing! my dog was my bridesmaid, and my bff was the maid of honor. there were 25 people in all. my dh's b'day is april 29, we married on april 30, my b'day is may 3rd, then mother's day. i have mentioned every year (all 37) that i expect a nice present for each event, including his b'day. figure that will keep him in the groove. there's no such thing as too many gifts!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    one sister sang the bumble bee tuna song as she went down the aisle. the other was humming the current mcdonald's song. i got married at home in the living room and had to walk from my folks' bedroom. no time to sing! my dog was my bridesmaid, and my bff was the maid of honor. there were 25 people in all. my dh's b'day is april 29, we married on april 30, my b'day is may 3rd, then mother's day. i have mentioned every year (all 37) that i expect a nice present for each event, including his b'day. figure that will keep him in the groove. there's no such thing as too many gifts!!
    LOL Never too many gifts! I love the dog as your bridesmaid! LOL

Blog Entries
    she wore a beautiful yellow bow that co-ordinated with my bouhket, and went well with her silver and taupe coat. quite festive, yet understated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    she wore a beautiful yellow bow that co-ordinated with my bouhket, and went well with her silver and taupe coat. quite festive, yet understated.
    *chuckle* I bet she was a lovely sight! My mom put together a wedding for 300 people in one month and had my dress and the bridesmaid dresses made and she would have had a fit if I had a dog in my wedding! LOL she has a fit now that according to her my house smells like a dog. well a dog lives here! LOL

Blog Entries
    i have no idea what my house smells like. we took out all carpeting on the first floor since monkey doesn't understand that rugs are not indoor grass. she is sweet, but has no elevator to the top floors, if you catch my drift! we think it's possible she has no upper floors. this morning i woke up to scratching at the door. very unusual as the pets have their own door to the back yard. i opened the door and there's monkey. the fence is down in the back yard once again. grumph!!! we need a new fence and a yard service to prepare the yard for it, one company wants us to take out both sheds. not happening! if one company can put in the fence with the sheds there, you would think the other company could, too. guess i walk the girls today tii their daddy gets home and we fix the fence.

Sent my wall hanging out yesterday................ hope the person receiving likes it.

Blog Entries
    Mine will probably go out Monday, due to my dad's rehabilitation right now from knee surgery.

Susan

I finally got to post a picture of my wall hanging which is on its way to USA. This was my first time making a wall hanging and quilting it myself. I really enjoyed it. Name:  wallhanger.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  311.0 KB
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Quiltaddiction, that is a very beautiful wall hanging. I love the colors, the pattern, and nice quilting. I will be putting my wall hanging sandwich together tomorrow, do the quilting, and off it goes Lord Willing, Monday. Our mail doesn't run on Saturdays now. Our local post office is open only 2 hours per day now due to cut backs.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Quiltaddiction that is a wonderful wall hanging! I can do stid but not much more than that. and I've been quilting for 30 years. but I'm a miniaturist and I can get away with not quilting the little things. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction View Post
    I finally got to post a picture of my wall hanging which is on its way to USA. This was my first time making a wall hanging and quilting it myself. I really enjoyed it. Name:  wallhanger.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  311.0 KB
    This is really nice. Love the pattern! You did a very nice job.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Mine is posted and is going over the pond......sadly it will probably not arrive for ten days or so......can't wait to get mine.

Blog Entries
    mine will go out tomorrow, too. it has taken much longer to make than i anticipated, and once again, i am not as accurate as i thought. live and learn!

Blog Entries
    Mine is going out in the morning also. I hate that the PO is closed on
    Sat now, that is just so hard getting everything done on Friday!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Mine goes out tomorrow. Would have had it out tomorrow, but I decided to get extra fancy with my quilting, and it took longer than expected.
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

I had a wonderful package arrive today from Skaduzy . A fabulous wall quilt I love it! I will get a photo posted in the next day or two. Thank you Rhonda for a great swap theme it has been fabuolous. Thank you Skaduzy for a beautiful gift.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction View Post
    I had a wonderful package arrive today from Skaduzy . A fabulous wall quilt I love it! I will get a photo posted in the next day or two. Thank you Rhonda for a great swap theme it has been fabuolous. Thank you Skaduzy for a beautiful gift.
    You are very welcome. I had fun in this swap.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    I am working ferociously to get mine finished, and out today before the post office closes.

Susan

Blog Entries
    I was going to post a peek but darn camera is dead and the charger is in California! GRRRR I am going to go buy a disposible one, I have been having way to many camera issues lately! I found the old camera and it also has a dead battery, but it is a special battery with a special charger, the new one has a special battery that can charge right from the computer but I can't find the cord! I am laughing at myself today, beats crying any time~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    hello all , I am working as fast as I can, i am on the outer border now, and I am so sorry, lots of hand work on this and we had some snow issues, like no power, so i should be finished with mine by tonight, and have it in the mail tomorow, it will be going proity mail, and a tracker and i will let miss rhonda know that i am so working hard on this and trying to get all finished up,oh oh i did forget , i iwll show a sneek peak, later on this afternoon,
    Last edited by lovngrandma; 03-04-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

My Wall Hanging Came today!

A cute little Spring time wall hanging by hearthush. Love the colors. Won't even try to post a pic as I never seem to have much luck it that area. Thanks too D. hearthush & Rhonda it has been fun. Hope the one I mailed on the 28th will be to the liking of the recipient.
    wonderfully and beautifully made, even if you can't see it on the outside

Blog Entries
    hi ladies i had a change of pace and got inpired to do something totally different and i took a pic of the middle a bit ago so here is the middle but now im putting the outer border and hanginers on, so that part will be a pruprise so this is a sneak peak of the middle, hope the reciever likes it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast