Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!!

Blog Entries
    Kinda hard if you have the camera! LOL That's okay. We'll see it when it's new owner gets it! Or you can post it later when you can.

Blog Entries
    I am still plugging away at the hand embroidery. Yep, it is going to be special just because of the embroidery. I have some colors of fabric picked out to do the piecing of the top with so once I get them finished they will go together easily. I have been also doing the show presentation so after this weekend, my time will be free again!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I am working on the quilting now...if I hadn't changed my mind "umpteen" times, I would be finished. I did hand applique on the Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam blocks...I didn't really intend for it to be red white and blue themed, but more of a "reproduction" theme...I guess it kind of dictated for itself what it would be as I went along...lol...Here is an in progress pic:
    Kif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    i'm working on the third cat. any votes for brown? votes for green? it's to go with yellow, and purple. i will post pictures soon.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

kif, beautiful wall hanging. Nancia, I vote green. Can't wait to see the pics.

Blog Entries
    Kiffie that is so pretty. Nancia, I am sure yours is so cute. We are having so many nice ones. All are so pretty. Many busy folks. I guess it will continue to get busier the closer to the holidays.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Worked on my embroidery for 2.5 hours last night at quilting and still did not finish a block. Ugh, so frustrating. One blocks is done, the second I just have the fancy hats and feathers to do then will post a photo of it. Hoping today but that presentation is due for Sunday as well. Not sure which one is going to win. I did get a setting plan decided last night with the gals so It is going to end up longer than wide which will be nice for a wallhanging. This way you will not need as much width but able to hang in a nice slender spot.

Blog Entries
    Kiffie, that is a very adorable SBS.
    Nancia, go with the green. That is what I would do. Loving those cats girl.

I can send to Ireland too. Keep pluggin along quiltermomma. I bet the ladies are coming along and lookin good. I know that whatever I get, I will be happy with.

Blog Entries
    Thanks ssnare. I am so stinking frustrated at computers right now. I scanned in my power point material into adobe, then could not get the file from the downstairs computer to upstairs so had to do a by pass to another computer which would not let me copy onto the desktop and my computer would not network with any of them and the cd writer on the downstairs computer won't work thought I had it then my computer just formated the whole thing. Boy technology. Good thing those girls are good at power point. Wonderful news, my little brother is coming to town and so my daughter will be here as well with her boyfriend so that means I have lots of computer help becuase the all know power point. Oh how wonderful the good Lord is!!!!!! He is going to rescue me for sure.

Blog Entries
    ok, i think i know what i'm doing for the background. bought 3 fabrics and will audition them , but have a favorite already. i am going to post a teaser picture, just for the pure meanness of it. muah-hhhhaaahaaaa. later i will post better pictures, ok?!

Blog Entries
    You're all coming along great! I am so happy to have such a great bunch who are willing to share progress pics! Makes it much more fun to see all the pics as we go along!

Blog Entries
    So Cute!
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
    I am working on the quilting now...if I hadn't changed my mind "umpteen" times, I would be finished. I did hand applique on the Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam blocks...I didn't really intend for it to be red white and blue themed, but more of a "reproduction" theme...I guess it kind of dictated for itself what it would be as I went along...lol...Here is an in progress pic:
    Kif
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    i have finished the basic cats. now i need to mount them on their backings, sew around, sandwich , quilt, etc. think i'll do that tomorrow. hope somebody likes purple, yellow and green, besides me that is. can't decide how to sash it or set it. it will require thought and i only think on mondays. except when monday is followed by a tuesday of the same month and year, which means i think best on monday, december 31st. it's going to be a loooong year!

Blog Entries
    Loving it Nancia, I want that one so I can tease my dog with cats. He is old and still can't stand the neighbors cats who come in the yard. It is comical to see this 14 year old dog chase the cats.

I did get a little bit more done on a block yesterday. I just have one hat and the feathers to do and it is done. Almost forgot how to do french knots but watched you tube and mastered them again. yeah for you tube. At least I know the last two are half done.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I told my husband I was going to work on mine for a long time, but first wanted to check in on my dad. So I went down to see dad, and he had fallen 2 days before, and cut his head open, niece took him to emergency room, he got those metal staple things, and was home resting from a bad headache. His phone wasn't working so we were getting him fixed up with one, which I went back down to give him, and show him how to use it. Went to get him some icecream. He never asks for anything, but wanted some icecream. Well girls, it will be today that I will be sewing some more. I hope tonight to put up here a teaser too. lol....

Susan

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input, y'all!
    I give a vote for green, Nancia...but then again it is my favorite color..lol..
    JuneBillie, glad your dad is recuperating, and I am sure the ice cream was an "added benefit" to your visit...
    QuilterMomma, hang in there, I just can imagine how awesome your finished quilt will be!
    Lastly, for the next wallhanging swap maybe I will use some of the blocks, which were the original ones I posted pics of that I was going to use for this one...I know it is said that it IS a "Woman's prerogative to change her mind", but I am thinking I just may change mine too much...or maybe the problem is that I do need to change it...for a different mind!!..LOL...Sorry for the bad pun...
    So, for the next wallhanging swap, here are some pics of the other blocks, I just was having such a hard time figuring out what sashing I wanted to use with any of them....feedback is welcome, good or bad. Also posting pics of 2 wallhangings that I need to finish the embellishing and quilt them...these 2 are the 1st quilts I ever made by machine before I found my lqs group..

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    And here are the 2 wallhangings that I need to finish embellishing and then quilt them...Also somehow a radish was lost in the upper left side block, I need to replace it...lol:

Blog Entries
    Love your wall hangings kiffie! Your ladies are wonderful!

I love the angels and nativity scene. Beautiful!

Love the ladies too.

WOW - the wall hangings I am seeing are all so great........... what a talented bunch of ladies. I know I want to sign up for the next exchange........ how about everyone else??? Thanks Rhonda for taking the time to organize this exchange.

Blog Entries
    You're welcome. I will be posting hte next swap this weekend

Blog Entries
    Kiffie, I love them all, and I would not worry about replacing that radish, then it will always have a story behind it. hehe...Um, if I post a teaser tonight it will be late, otherwise it will be tomorrow. Just saying.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Name:  100_1037.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  183.2 KB
    I wanted to show a bit more than this, but decided to show this small sample. I will have 4 blocks, an appliqued ornament in each block, but the finished creation will have very pretty embellishments, and pretty threads. I hope when it is completed that whoever gets it will enjoy it. I am using material I bought before my mother passed away to make her a special bow tuck purse. I wanted to use the material for something special. I consider all of you special, and know she would have enjoyed this too.

Name:  100_1041.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  285.1 KB
    Oh, to clarify, the material that would have been used in the bow tuck is the material that you see in the ornaments. Sorry!
    My camera did not pick up a true color to some of it.
    Last edited by JuneBillie; 10-18-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: clarity

Susan

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast