Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness >

Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Old 12-11-2013, 08:29 PM

I hope you all are staying inside, staying warm and enjoying your round. I never received my round as Anne is on her honeymoon - so have been keeping busy making microwave dish holders for Christmas presents and working on finishing up those UFO's that seem to multiply in my closet!
Enjoy your holidays!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:18 AM

Well, yes, it's pretty nippy here and there's some snow on the ground but the roads are all clear. Just finished making nine of those fabric boxes and I took the additional advice of one of the board members and used Warm and Natural as well as adhering heavy iron-on interfacing to the lining fabric and they came out nice and square. Sorry...no picture....computer acting up again.....using my Kindle Fire. After nine of them I feel I have it down to a science!!!!!! LOL

Hey, Sherry, did you get moved okay??? I've thought about you often. Bet you're looking forward to Jan., Feb., March to just relax.

Won't start thinking about my row for your quilt Anne till after the New Year. It will be hard to equal what Janet did.

How are things going with you Jane. How cold does it get in your neck of the woods?
Old 12-13-2013, 04:01 PM

We moved last Sat. The coldest day of the year, 5 degrees above zero. It had snowed all day the day before, but we had sunny weather. Just got the computer up and running. We made a little seating area in the living room and got the tv runnining. It took me 3 days to find some underwear, LOL. The first day I was overwhelmed. Geesh! But we are working at it, one box at a time. Yesterday, it was 50 degrees. I ventured out and drove around the town. Everything in Pittsburg is on Broadway, so, I didn't get lost.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:04 AM

Sure didn't envy you the move Sherry and I'm very happy that at least the hardest part is over. Unless you have some other time frame to work around you can just take your time unpacking. Even though Christmas is right around the corner I'm sure others will understand. Give yourselves a break!

Did you get snow last night? Janet? Anne? Sherry? (Know YOU didn't Jane! LOL!) It's like a winter wonderland here. We're surrounded by dozens of trees and honeysuckle bushes that are coated with snow. It's GORGEOUS!
Haven't been out yet but there's probably 2-3" so far and small flakes still floating down. Snow is great....ice is NOT!

Guess it's not too early to wish you all a delightful, happy, safe Christmas and New Year.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:22 AM

You're right, Yvonne. LOL however, here is where I'm going this evening with my daughter for a holiday dinner. The 'happiest place on earth. . . '

I'll take their 'snow' any day. Enjoy your snow, Yvonne. I'm sure it's beautiful.

Jane
Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 PM

we got a dusting of snow - just enough to say aaahhhhh - and then it melts!
Last night was a showcase of music in Prescott. In all, 116 businesses will host 132 performing acts with the musical genres running to jazz, swing, blues, folk, country, classics, choral, and dance. Basically from 5 - 8pm the stores all open their doors and everyone goes place to place and enjoy the acts plus plenty of free hot apple cider, cocoa and cookies. It is one of the favorite traditions here and I look forward to it (along with the two light parades at night and the one three hour Christmas parade!)
Old 12-15-2013, 07:25 AM

Sounds like great fun Janet!

Yes Jane, Disney surely is a happy place. Wonderful to just escape to and unwind. Have been to Disneyland many times....they've finally made some much needed repairs, improvements and additions I understand. My granddaughter did an internship there several years ago.

Did any of you read today's thread on, "today's take on modern quilts" under "RESOURCES"? Rather interesting thread and made me think. How do you all feel about modern quilts? My comment was post #83 so won't repeat here.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 PM

Default Finally!

Here you go Jane! I'm home from my honeymoon and I think I'm back on track. Janes top is mailed along with other blocks I was late in getting out. Started working today on my new round with the Dolphins. I have last minute customer quilts that I didn't promise before Christmas so I will have some happy customers on Friday. Today was my first calm peaceful day since my return and I'm ready to have many more. Have a very Merry Christmas! It sounds like some of you have been enjoying it already.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 12-18-2013, 05:16 PM

It's beautiful..... I love it!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM

​Wow Anne! That's gorgeous. And welcome back!