Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Please calm down everyone. We are not trying to replace anyone. I am sorry if I asked a question. I am a little gun shy since a row robin that I am presently in had someone who was not heard from for a long while at the beginning and did not send my top and someone elses since Feb. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I am a worry whort.

We welcome Anne and we are looking forward to meeting Anne. We are anxiously waiting to here from her, that is all.

Please, no more comments regarding this.

I posted on the very first page. I haven't even started my center yet. Working on finishing current projects like 'my city'. . . .

Jane

Blog Entries
    Hi Jane! Haven't started mine either but there's plenty of time. Have 3 different centers I'm thinking about that I like equally. The one I had leaned toward is looking more and more complicated so will probably go with another. You got me hooked on 1930's quilts so that's one of the ones I'm contemplating and leaning more and more toward. Still working on Sherry's butterflies. Good to hear from you!

I am in two swaps with Anne and she isn't online alot. I am either on for days - and then don't log on for days.
    Anyway I was working on this thinking it would work...but alas the measurements got outof hand ...so a wall hanging for my sewing area is where it is going. Now to come up with something for ME!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

See - I am working on my wavy water for the dolphins!

Blog Entries
    Wow! Really nice job! Like it a lot! Love the colors. Did you make the quilt in your avatar?

My center is not laying flat, what can I do? I have 3 sets of mitered corners.

Janet, can you please at least get Anne to come and acknowledge that she knows she is in this

Blog Entries
    Can you post a picture of it Sherry so I can see if I can figure it out?

Wonnie - the double wedding quilt was my gift to my daughter and her hubby on their wedding. She asked for the pattern and I had tried and tried every which way to no avail. Finally took a class using the Judy N pattern and it worked. Best part was that it is all in batiks and I didn't have to worry which side was up or down!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
    Wonnie - the double wedding quilt was my gift to my daughter and her hubby on their wedding. She asked for the pattern and I had tried and tried every which way to no avail. Finally took a class using the Judy N pattern and it worked. Best part was that it is all in batiks and I didn't have to worry which side was up or down!
    I see lots and lots of work and hours in it!!!

Blog Entries
    How's the "wavy water" and the dolphins coming travelingramma? Are you piecing? paper piecing? appliqueing? I'm still in a dither.....3 possibilities, any of which I like....just too many irons in the fire right now to concentrate on it.

Are you in the process of moving Sherry? or packing? or unpacking? Don't mind moving to another location....just don't like the packing and unpacking.....and after 35 years in this home it would be a nightmare!
    Currently doing the packing thing with my daughter and son-in-law ....the kitchen things alone are staggering.

Jane, take your time on my row...if you don't get it done by Sat. that's fine....just let me know when you mail so I can watch for it. So excited!

Blog Entries
    Hello Annemixon! Have never heard of St.Matthews, SC....what is it near? Always wanted to visit South Carolina on the coast but never got there. Where in Florida did you live? We were all originally from Ohio and I still am but my parents, brother and sister all moved to Lakeland, Fl years ago...only my brother left now. My mother sewed a lot, too...she could make anything! I wasn't much interested in it at the time, preferred being outside!....my interest came much later.

Hello bluebirds this is Linda from the hummingbirds! I wanted to let you all know if you run short a partner come Oct I can be very fast and help you out and join your group too so no worries. and anyone who knows me knows I will participate so you just hollar at the Brat and I will come running (wobbling) to help my friends out
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    That's very sweet Elisabrat (sorry...just can't call you Brat)...

Just to let you know, I left a message on Annemixon's phone. I have not heard from her yet. Sure hope we hear from her soon. I hope she is ok.

Yippee! Anne called me. She has been traveling. She will be home soon and she will post on this board.
    Yvonne, I am in the sorting and packing for garage sales: sorting for ebay sales, packing for Keep stuff, and throw away or donate stuff stage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    Yippee! Anne called me. She has been traveling. She will be home soon and she will post on this board.
    Yvonne, I am in the sorting and packing for garage sales: sorting for ebay sales, packing for Keep stuff, and throw away or donate stuff stage.
    Well, sounds like you're well on your way! Are you excited?

Have been busy doing the two boomerang swaps - I love it so as I can always work on one block in any fabric - just not alot of blocks the same! It lets me play with new patterns and different fabric that I wouldn't have ever used.
    I am playing with teacups - using delft and pale yellow - making my cousin a table topper and possibly a center for this round. Will see how it goes.
    And then on top of this - my grandson (8) asked for a quilt - one with hunting and fishing (his two favorite things to do). The quilt stores here had nothing in either venue so I just had to go online and order some fabric. ;}
    Plus on the 22nd we fly back to the eastcoast for almost three weeks to visit family and I want to have finished my center and most of the other projects before I leave.
    Yip my plate keeps getting packed!

Blog Entries
    It's good to have a "packed plate"...keeps you busy and the ol' mind oiled!!!!

Hope the weather is as nice as it is here when you get to the east coast. We're are enjoying 70 and low 80 degree weather with delicious drop at night in the 50's.

Never done a boomerang...don't know how it works. When you have time maybe you can fill me in. Finished my first mug rug swap and it was fun. Also, my first Secret Pal swap in July and working on the August one now.
    Show us the table runner when you get it finished....it sounds delicious!

Still vacillating over the center for my RR. I'll be on time for mailing though.

Have a great time on vacation and be safe!

Yep. Boomerangs are fun. I'm in my 2nd one - - - the Sterope group. They're fun, Yvonne. Each 'Boomer' sends a fat eighth (F8) to all others in the same group (my group has 16 people) and I receive a F8 from each of them. We each make a block in the various fabrics. Sometimes there are particular requests/color preferences we're asked to follow. We have 4 months to finish all blocks are return to the sender. This time, we have a fast group who has 2 months to finish and return their blocks.

If you're interested, I can post a pic of my first Boom.

Need to add a few 'trees' along the bottom of the San Gabriel mountains then I'll be all set to go.

Jane

Blog Entries
    Definitely, yes, I'm interested. Are the blocks always a specific size? I'm a little dense....So, can the 16 blocks all be the same design? Where do they go once you're finished and what do you end up with? (TOLD you I was dense!
    I'm am a visual person...you're making me THINK!!!!!!)

Yvonne, each block goes back to its original owner, the person who sent you their fabric, and you get back the fabric you sent that each person made you a block out of. Then you make a quilt or table top or what ever you want. Look at my profile and click on the pictures from the boom swaps. The blocks are usually a specific size. Sometimes the group is up to 37 people. I have been in several small groups and a large group. I sent my state flowers fabric for one swap and guitar/music fabric for another.
    Last edited by ssnare; 08-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    Yvonne, each block goes back to its original owner, the person who sent you their fabric, and you get back the fabric you sent that each person made you a block out of. Then you make a quilt or table top or what ever you want. Look at my profile and click on the pictures from the boom swaps. The blocks are usually a specific size. Sometimes the group is up to 37 people. I have been in several small groups and a large group. I sent my state flowers fabric for one swap and guitar/music fabric for another.
    Okay, I have to be as dumb as a rock! (No, you're not allowed to comment on that!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Checked all the pictures in the boom swaps off of your profile Sherry and I see a few that might have used the same fabric but many are of completely different colorings (????) This sounds a little pricey to me as in, did you need to send fabric to all 37 members in the large group? ....and how do you know how much to send?

You send a fat 8th to each person and they send a fat 8th to each person in the group. You make what ever block you want with their fat 8th. You add fabric to coordinate with their block. Yes it gets a little pricey with shipping, but in the end, you have beautiful blocks of your fabric. The blocks have usually been 12 1/2" blocks. Lovingizabella has been hosting these. Another one will probably not start for several months.

Yvonne - go to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t225487.html
    or just search boomerang on QB and follow one of the groups. The first page has all the instructions. We all are to make a 12.5" block for everyone in our group from their fabric they sent us. And they use our fabric and make a 12.5" block and return it to us. A great way to use our stash and to try out new patterns and work with different fabric that we normally may not play with. It does help stretch me! And in the end you have enough blocks to make a quilt! Most send everyone the same fabric, others send a variety.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast