Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Round Robin #10 ROCKIN Robins

Nexxus has my top as he did one round, Does anyone else need to add a round or should she send it on home to me.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I think I already worked on it- so I am good...the only onei have not worked on is cogito...
    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    Nexxus has my top as he did one round, Does anyone else need to add a round or should she send it on home to me.

Blog Entries
    Ok zzmom and other dear quilt friends. Remember all that fabric I bought and thought it was perfect? Well....I matched it to the center. So when I got home and started playing with it I just couldn't get it to look right. The outer borders had the rust, navy and chambray blues and my fabrics did not look good at all! So back to staring at my stash. Over, and over, and over. Do u ever do that when you are hungry? Repeatedly going back to the fridge hoping you will see something you missed the last 4 times you looked? Lol!
    well it is extremely difficult to match these colors for me for some reason. I finally ended up using the tail end of a layer cake which was literally the only fabric I had that even came close. So I was very limited on what I could do. I had hoped when I got it all on, I could then add a wider, un-pieced border to finish it off. I just can't for the life of me find what would look right. So I have been looking at it for over a week, laid out on my floor, repeatedly trying fabrics that don't "cut it" and I have decided I just need to send it home. I would rather zzmom be able to add whatever she would like to "finish" it versus me slapping on a border that doesn't enhance it.
    What do you think zz? Are you ok with that? Here is a photo of its current state.
    Last edited by Cogito; 04-04-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    Well my iPad is being difficult. Lol! Try 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cogito; 04-04-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    I like it alot Cogito! You can send it home and I will finish it off. No worries. I appreciate what you and everyone else has added to it. It looks very fun and I like the way it has turned out.
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

I still have Difergies quilt almost done, who do i send it to next, or does it go home to difergie?

It goes to Scaroca I believe

Blog Entries
    I would like to know where my top is. I sent over a yard of fabric with the top and I have not seen it period since the first round. I have asked several times where it is and if someone could send a photo and there has been no response. I realize I wasn't the best at keeping the group up to date with tops I had, but mine is the only one that has not been updated at all. Please just send it home whoever has it.
    Zz, yours is all packed and I will be shipping it priority tomorrow. You should receive it Wednesday.

I am not sure who's top I have. I have been out of state for several weeks due yo 2 deaths in the family. I will get the topped mailed out next week when I get back to Nebraska. Sorry if I have caused any delay or worry
    Live every minute as if it will be the last.

Thanks for checking in Scaoca...sorry to hear about your losses.

I think Scaroca has it...it is suppose to come to me for the last round. If you would rather have it back, I certainly understand and she can send it back to you instead of sending it on to me. I do not think our mailing dates have worked out very well...oh, well

Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    I would like to know where my top is. I sent over a yard of fabric with the top and I have not seen it period since the first round. I have asked several times where it is and if someone could send a photo and there has been no response. I realize I wasn't the best at keeping the group up to date with tops I had, but mine is the only one that has not been updated at all. Please just send it home whoever has it.
    Zz, yours is all packed and I will be shipping it priority tomorrow. You should receive it Wednesday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Cogito- thank you for the update on my top. I did not receive it on Wednesday and left for out of town today. I will let you know next week when i return about its arrival.
    I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated about your top.
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    Scaroca- My condolences to you for the losses in your family.
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    Yes Scaroca, my sincerest sympathies to you ! I am not frustrated at any one person, it is just that my top is the only one I am aware of that has had no pictures, etc since the first round. I have ask several times but no one even responds or posts photos. you take all of the time you need. I just figured if no one was willing to work on it then just send it home.

Blog Entries
    zz, tracking shows your package as delivered so you should have it on your return.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
    I think Scaroca has it...it is suppose to come to me for the last round. If you would rather have it back, I certainly understand and she can send it back to you instead of sending it on to me. I do not think our mailing dates have worked out very well...oh, well
    I sent zz's home after having it only 3 weeks of the 8 weeks allowed..so I was not late. The trouble starts when people in the group get gung-ho and send things out early.....it puts pressure on the rest of the group to do the same. If everyone would have stuck with the 8 week allotment things would have gone a lot smoother. Also if people would have posted updates, etc. that too would have been helpful and really a point of respect. I am including myself in this issue as well. Although I will say I have always posted when I mailed and added a photo. I can't understand why there has been NO communication about my quilt since that first round.....punishment for sending the tops late the first round? Whatever the reason doesn't matter. I know you indicated back in January you had mixed feelings about working on my quilt which is a shame because I have enjoyed what you did on the others. But at this point I am just bummed by this whole experience and ready to be done. I will never participate again.

All of your tops are really coming out beautiful. Great job!!!

Blog Entries
    Cogito- I received my top today. Thank you so much. I really love it and thank each and everyone of you in this group that added your touch and talent to it. It truly is unique and special to me. I hope in the end everyone is as happy with their top as I am with mine. Thanks so much Wanda Lou, Cogito, Difergie and Scaroca. You are all very talented quilters.
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    Thank you zzmom. I'm happy if your happy!

Scarosa I mailed difergies top to you today. sorry it's late.

Here is the quilts I have worked on.

all have been mailed to Scarosa.
    This is the 2nd quilt I worked on, scarosa has it.

Name:  swap 005.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  360.6 KB

Name:  swap 005.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  360.6 KBName:  swap 005.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  360.6 KB

Here is the third quilt I worked on , it's Scarosa's and it's been mailed to her.

Attachment 473037

Blog Entries
    Yay I see my top! Thank you WandaLou it looks wonderful! I am so happy to see it progressing. thanks everyone. I hope we can all show our finished tops at then end....I mean the top, not quilted!

So Happy

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast