Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin #10 ROCKIN Robins

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scaroca View Post
    Well I think I have narrowed it down to a couple of ideas. I am hoping to put something together tomorrow. Wish me luck. Making that final decision is a tough one.
    Wishing you the Luck O' the Irish scaroca.! I agree it is very tough! That is why I have been running so far behind on my doll quilt that is due in less than a week. I just couldn't seem to come up with the right plan. i will be anxiously awaiting your final decision.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

I did it. I picked a pattern and material. Even got it washed. Today I am actually going to try and find time to make it. I sure hope I can figure out how to post pictures.
    Live every minute as if it will be the last.

Blog Entries
    I did it. I picked a pattern and material. Even got it washed. Today I am actually going to try and find time to make it. I sure hope I can figure out how to post pictures.
    Woo Hoo! Good job. Now.....share. If you need help posting, let me know.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

This is my center. It is composed of pieces from a miniature swap I did on this board not too long ago. I put some of them together to make this center and have done nothing since then. So this is a good opportunity to get if finished.
    It will be 15 1/2" after I trim off some of the outer border....I am looking forward to this RR!
    Name:  miniature center.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  84.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Oh how fun Difergie! Thanks so much for sharing. You come to me first, so now I will get my creativity cap on... I know others are busily working on theirs....I have not because I am trying to finish up a doll quilt for the swap....I had two partners this month and the 2nd quilt has caused me a little angst for some reason. But I am almost done and then on to this RR!
    Keep it coming ROCKIN Robins! Just think, our initials are:RRRR!...ROCKIN Robin's Round Robin, lol!

well I was cutting my second piece for my quilt and I managed to take a slice off my fingertip and nail. ouch ouch swear swear. ordered the klutz glove should be here Monday. can.t believe I did that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
    This is my center. It is composed of pieces from a miniature swap I did on this board not too long ago. I put some of them together to make this center and have done nothing since then. So this is a good opportunity to get if finished.
    It will be 15 1/2" after I trim off some of the outer border....I am looking forward to this RR!
    Name:  miniature center.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  84.2 KB

Difergie- your center block is really pretty! Love the variety of colors and pictures in it. I'm still in the cutting phase of making mine. Have been pulled away from it by work. Hope to get more free time next weekend to work on it. I too, am looking forward to this RR.
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    well I was cutting my second piece for my quilt and I managed to take a slice off my fingertip and nail. ouch ouch swear swear. ordered the klutz glove should be here Monday. can.t believe I did that.
    Sorry to hear of your injury! Ouch!! Hope it will heal quickly for you.
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    Scaroca, I am so sorry to hear of your injury! I hope it heals quickly. I often wondered if I should buy one of those gloves....hmmmm, maybe!

Blog Entries
    Greetings ROCKIN Robins.....any updates from anyone yet? I will be starting my creation tomorrow. Not sure what I will come up with, but it will be fun I am sure!

Blog Entries
    How is your hand doing scaroca?

Blog Entries
    Good evening RRR's- I am making very slow progress on my center mostly due to lack of time and working too much Hoping to change that tomorrow and get some sewing time in. I ran out of one of my fabrics made a dash to the fabric store only to find the fabric I wanted was all sold out so I have been thinking about how to work around this tiny road block. Hope your all enjoying bringing your block to life!
    Edmund Hillary

[QUOTE=zzmom;6215941] I ran out of one of my fabrics made a dash to the fabric store only to find the fabric I wanted was all sold out so I have been thinking about how to work around this tiny road block. [/QUO!TE]

Hi zzmom, have you searched online for the fabric? Or have you posted on here that you were looking for certain fabric? It might be a solution for you. Can't wait to see your pictures!
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Thanks for keeping us posted zzmom! Yes I agree with Nexxus831. I work in a LQS and may be able to help you out. Please tell us what you are looking for.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Melinda and Cognito for your tips and help. I got the problem resolved and am ready to start stitching today! I woke up quite early (not sure why?) and finished all the cutting. It feels good just making that little bit of progress. I will post a photo when I get the center done, not sure if that will be today. How are you two doing on your center blocks?
    Edmund Hillary

Blog Entries
    Yay! I have my center! I will take a picture of it this coming week. I think you will enjoy the story behind it but I will wait to tell it when I post pictures.

is it too late to join?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyschmidt View Post
    is it too late to join?
    I have PM'd you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Yay! I have my center! I will take a picture of it this coming week. I think you will enjoy the story behind it but I will wait to tell it when I post pictures.
    Look forward to seeing your center Cognito! Exciting!
    Edmund Hillary

just popping in to say Hello everyone, i am still recovering from shoulder surgery. will post my center soon... so happy I finished it before surgery.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. Wanda lou I hope you are feeling better. Glad you finished your center before your surgery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    just popping in to say Hello everyone, i am still recovering from shoulder surgery. will post my center soon... so happy I finished it before surgery.
    Good Morning Wanda Lou. I hope your shoulder surgery was a success and that you are well on your way to full recovery. Will be excited to see your center!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. Wanda lou I hope you are feeling better. Glad you finished your center before your surgery.
    Hi Ssnare, I think we are moving along in tandem with the other groups. Now that school is starting for most kids and summer is on the tail end, I bet we see a ramp up in all of the groups!

Hi. Sorry I have been absent for awhile. Been busy. My finger is almost healed, so quilting is in my near future. I will start wearing a glove from now on. That was one painful experience. Looking forward to seeing some of the tops as they get started.

Blog Entries
    Okay ladies....sorry I have been remiss in getting my project posted! It is such a lot of steps for me to get posted, so I procrastinate. But here are the pics with story to follow:
    Name:  Center block for RR.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  1.29 MBName:  Center2 RR.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  1.12 MBName:  Center3 RR.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  1.12 MB

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast