Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #1

Those are both BEAUTIFUL babeyruth!!! I love them

Quote Originally Posted by babeyruth View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I took a pic of the 2 rows I finished, since I'm in this and another group. I haven't decided which one will go to which group. They are both kind of modern. One has lime-green, white, black and gray colors, the other Orange, lime and white, with a few blues thrown in for the mix. Hope you like the pic.

They both contains black with white polka dots, so that will likely be my sashing when it comes home.
    When life goes to pieces, QUILT!

Hi Ruth,
    Your first row is simular to what I am making. Black & white fabric w/ one bright color added. Modern.
    I really like yours, I hope you send it to our group!!

Hi Everyone,
    I took a pic of the 2 rows I finished, since I'm in this and another group. I haven't decided which one will go to which group. They are both kind of modern. One has lime-green, white, black and gray colors, the other Orange, lime and white, with a few blues thrown in for the mix. Hope you like the pic.

They both contains black with white polka dots, so that will likely be my sashing when it comes home.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands View Post
    I've been looking at my row today. I came to the conclusion that a 60" wide bookcase is VERY wide, and so I've decided to change my theme. I've been working out a new one today, so hopefully I can have it together soon. :-)

Hows everyone else getting on?
    Have you thought of doing the bookcase smaller, with the wall showing behind?

Blog Entries
    I am doing a cat quilt honoring my cat "Kitty" that I had to put to sleep (he had cancer and there was nothing to do for him) I will put the sashing on when it is all done to cut down on the mailing costs and also to custom fit to my bed size which is a extra long.

Yay! Nearly time for everyone to post!
    I finished my row, and have photos, but have misplaced my camera cable. I'll upload a photo when it reappears. I decided to co with sailing boats on a blue background. I like how it turned out. Hopefully everyone will be able to think of something to add easily.
    Also I posted my row today!!! It's now on its way across the pond :-)
    Please let me know when it arrives. Typically it takes 7-10th days, but with Christmas post it might take longer.
    Is everyone else ready to post?

Mine will be in the mail in the morning. Running a couple of days behind. Sorry about that! Taking vacation over Thanksgiving really threw things off.

Here's a (rather lousy) photo of my finished row, with the sashing and cornerstones. I had to take the photo in sections and "glue" the two pictures together, so the middle block looks weird. See page 1 of this thread for a better photo of the blocks.

Name:  robinrow1.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  125.6 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

SazuBMidlands - Your row arrived safe and sound yesterday. How cute! I actually made a similar quilt for my dad's Christmas a few years ago, so I have some ideas already in mind.

Everybody's being waaaay too quiet! When I was a kid, my mom always said that I was getting into trouble whenever I was being too quiet, and she'd have to come check on me. So ... what kind of trouble are y'all getting into?
    he he
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Fantastic!! So happy it got there safely :-)
    I'm not getting up to trouble! I'm trying to finish up 3 full size quilts for Christmas, and am finding work is really getting in the way!
    Hopefully after Christmas people will be a bit more chatty?

Glad you're not getting into trouble! LOL! Whew ... 3 quilts for Christmas? Pics, please! I'm still working on gifts myself. It's hard to believe Christmas is less than two weeks away.

I've got the blocks made for your row! Now to iron them, square them up, and sew them together, and then attach them to the row. And hope my measurements are right! (That part scares me! )

I forgot to ask. Are we supposed to post pics, or is it a surprise?

Babeyruth - Did my row arrive okay? The DC# says it was delivered, but I just wanted to make sure. With the post office, one never knows these days.

I had to do some minor adjusting on my blocks, but the second time it went together perfectly. Yay! I went back and read the first post, and it talks about posting pictures, so here it is! I hope you like it. The blue background is actually more of a navy blue color, and it has subtle stars and metallic gold dots on it. The red fabric has stars as well. I only had a FQ of the red, and it was a smaller-than-usual FQ, but somehow it was JUST big enough. (Whew!) The sailboats are all embroidered/appliqued, and they're all a bit different from each other. I'll post a close-up of one of the blocks, too.

Name:  sailboatrow-all-small.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  285.2 KB

Name:  sailboat5.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  508.0 KB

Talking

Oh wow! Thats fantastic!!! I LOVE it! And, my, aren't you fast!
    I haven't recieved anything yet. Hopefully soon...

The quilts I'm doing are one for my fiancee (we got engaged on the 2nd Dec!!! Still very excited and prone to spontaneous smiling and telling the world - sorry!) which is a Round Robin from a different board, there's one for his sister who lives with us, which is from a layer cake, and one which was another Round Robin for a couple of years ago, which my fiancee ( ) paid for to be quilted for me. For both his and mine I have additional things to add as well as the binding. I'll post photos, probably after Christmas though.

Blog Entries
    Could everyone please post what the theme they have picked so I can check on what fabric I need. I know one is civial war andknow I will need to buyn fabric for. My theme is cats of any kind. I am really running behind, I was in the hospital for a week with pnemonia and am trying to get strength back.

Qbee, please check your pms.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

Everyone is very quiet on here. Is everyone too busy having a fun and festive holiday time?
    Has everyone posted their first row? I haven't recieved a row yet and am just wondering what the status is.

Hi Lori,
    My quilt is going to be black & white or white & black print fabric blocks with a bright color added to block. NO Solid Black as I am going to use solid black between the blocks. I would like each blocks bright color to be different, or a different shade of the colors already used. I am going to have bright yellow, blue, green, red, & purple if I remember right. Sorry, I have been traveling and on vacation since November 29th, and won't be home to mail my blocks until the second week of January. They are very simple blocks so it won't take you much time to do them when they arrive to you. Any questions PM me.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

How is everyone? I'd love to see some photos of your rows!

Has anyone heard from Qbee? She hasn't posted on the QuiltingBoard since December 9, a little over a month ago. Hope she's okay.

How's everyone coming along on their rows? Please post an update.

I've got Sazu's cute sailboats ready to mail to Babeyruth soon (can mail now if you want).

Here are the mailing dates from the sign-up thread:

1st Row – mail by Dec. 1st
    Row 2 – Feb. 1st
    Row 3 – April 1st
    Row 4 – June 1st
    Row 5 – Aug. 1st

Hi
    I've not idea about Qbee. I hope she is ok.
    I haven't yet received a row. I haven't heard that the row has been dispatched to me yet either though. Once I get it I'll add my bit on as fast as I can, but I don't know if it will be by the deadline given how late it is.
    We do seem to be one of the quietest groups. It would be nice to read more posts from you guys.

Hi Moonrise,
    Feel free to mail whenever you are ready. I am working on my rows this weekend. I do better with the pressure of timelines. However, I've had my received rows up on one of my design walls for inspiration and reminder to get moving!

Blog Entries
    I have done the same baberuth. I have the two I need to do hanging there and while cleaning up my books and magazines been pulling ideas to finisht hem. Then while going thru fabric I have been pulling possible fabrics to work with. Oh the inspiration is there, just can't get it out of the brain.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands View Post
    Hi
    I've not idea about Qbee. I hope she is ok.
    I haven't yet received a row. I haven't heard that the row has been dispatched to me yet either though. Once I get it I'll add my bit on as fast as I can, but I don't know if it will be by the deadline given how late it is.
    We do seem to be one of the quietest groups. It would be nice to read more posts from you guys.
    Hmmm. From Qbee's post on page #2 of this thread, the mailing order was changed to:

Group 1
    Lori Peercy
    SazuBMidlands
    Moonrise
    Babeyruth
    Linda58

Looks like Lori Peercy should be mailing to you. I did a search for her name, and she posted 2 days ago, mentioning that she had the flu. Maybe PM her and ask about the status? Hope she's feeling better soon. I got either the flu or the nastiest "crud" EVER back on December 28, and am still not back to 100%. Terrible stuff ... and now my DH has it! I hope we don't end up passing it back and forth.

Hi Moonrise,
    Feel free to mail whenever you are ready. I am working on my rows this weekend. I do better with the pressure of timelines. However, I've had my received rows up on one of my design walls for inspiration and reminder to get moving!
    The package went out yesterday morning, DC# 9416509699937432847780, via insured First Class Mail. It should be there shortly. I think it's going to be such a cute quilt! (Wish I'd thought of it! LOL!)

Moonrise,

I recevied Sue's rows..so cute, you did a great job! It will be fun to add on

- Ruth

I pm'd Lori a couple of days ago, but she's not got back to me yet. I guess her flu is pretty bad. I've known a couple of people who've caught bugs this winter which have taken a while to recover from. Hopefully she'll be better soon. I'll let you all know when I hear anything.

Blog Entries
    Should be well enough to get mine mailed by the end of the week. I am so sorry, I had the flu and then got broncitis (sp) and also sinus infection, my COPD makes it hard to breath when I have that and I have to use my oxygen more! I have not received a row yet.

Blog Entries
    Oh goodness Lori, you keep well. This stuff is causing lots of issues with breathing. Keep well!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast