Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #8

I finished ctipton's row. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it for you all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    AmyB can you add a border to her block?
    I thought about it, but I don't think that it'd look right. I now have 2 blocks done, and they are 12 1/2" square, exactly. Helps to use the right seam allowance marking on the machine. I just wasn't paying attention. LOL

My row for AmyB

ladies I want to apologize for being MIA. these past few months have been extremely stressful. there's been a lot of completely unexpected serious family issues lately. my husband was hospitalized, then out on an unexpected medical leave without pay for almost 3 months. I've been working 50 to 60 hours a week and have been sick for the last month. he's finally back to work as of a couple of days before Christmas and I'm on my third antibiotic and finally feeling better. hopefully life will get back to normal again.

anyway I'm terribly behind on a lot of things but I'm plugging along.

This is what I came up with for AmyB's row. This was really fun to put together. I hope she likes it
    Name:  IMAG0361.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  658.0 KB

looks perfect!

Hope you feel better areinn. Your row looks good. What is your theme?

I made my road out of red black and white disappearing 9 patches. I want to stay with only those colors. I liked how the d9p turned out but I like other blocks too. I like stars but I am not very good at them.
    Name:  IMAG0182.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  595.3 KB

areinn, That is beautiful. You have a good looking husband too.

Thanks Sherry. I think he is pretty dang yummy, if you ask me.

Carol, here is your 2nd row. I signed it, like you wanted me to. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I love my row! It looks awesome! Yay!!!! So glad to hear that things are going better for you, areinn, and sorry that it's been so rough as well.

I'm still plugging away on difergie's row. I've been dealing with stress here as well and every time I start to work on it, something else happens. But, I have 3 squares done, have the 4th one planned, and I will probably use one of the squares that she sent along as the 5th. I will try to take some pictures in the next day or so - my lighting is horrible so I try to take them during the day.

I love the cat one too - I'm going to have to figure out a way to do some applique though - I broke one sewing machine (like, broke it. snapped. broke. dead.) and my "good" machine is in desperate need of servicing so anything that requires visible stitching isn't going to happen for a little while yet. Hopefully next month. So many unexpected expenses keep popping up, but that's life, isn't it?

Received the 'cats' yesterday...hmmm, what to do, what to do...

Blog Entries
    hi ladies, i am not a newbie to quilting but I am to row, robins, so is it too late to jump in, can someone pm me with a bit of info, please, are all the blocks the same size, and if we are picking out a theme, well i have one, and if i read correctly , we also need a bit of fabric to make others in the swap , of their theme, and do them a row , am i right on this, of so, my theme being whimsical animals, and flowers,, with as much purple and red, and black, as possible, as the corresponding fabric, does that make any sense,

Blog Entries
    I believe in magic
    i wanted black to be sashing , and wanted to change it to just animals, and add the color teal and blue,

Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    hi ladies, i am not a newbie to quilting but I am to row, robins, so is it too late to jump in, can someone pm me with a bit of info, please, are all the blocks the same size, and if we are picking out a theme, well i have one, and if i read correctly , we also need a bit of fabric to make others in the swap , of their theme, and do them a row , am i right on this, of so, my theme being whimsical animals, and flowers,, with as much purple and red, and black, as possible, as the corresponding fabric, does that make any sense,

lovngrandma, there is a row robin starting on Quilt Haven. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/index.php?topic=8597.0
    We are starting on our 3rd round here. So, it would be hard to catch up.

Amy- sent ssnare's to you today...be on the look out

Quote Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
    Amy- sent ssnare's to you today...be on the look out
    Woohoo! I haven't gotten it yet, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

And here is yours, Difergie - it'll be on its way to areinn in a day or two. We have basketball games tomorrow morning so I don't think that I'll be able to get to the post office. I will let you know for sure when it goes out though. I started getting into a bit of a routine making blocks for yours so I ended up not using any of the ones that you sent along so I'll make sure that they move along with it.

Name:  038.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  187.5 KB

This is one of the most awesome rows I have seen yet!

Nice work ladies.

Best,
    d
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyB View Post
    Woohoo! I haven't gotten it yet, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

And here is yours, Difergie - it'll be on its way to areinn in a day or two. We have basketball games tomorrow morning so I don't think that I'll be able to get to the post office. I will let you know for sure when it goes out though. I started getting into a bit of a routine making blocks for yours so I ended up not using any of the ones that you sent along so I'll make sure that they move along with it.

Name:  038.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  187.5 KB
    My best is the least I can do.

AmyB that is pretty.

Amy, that is perfect! Thank you....

So glad you like it! I was nervous.....

Difergie, I got ssnare's in the mail today - just haven't opened it yet. We just got home from basketball and I'm trying to make lunch for the kids that I have today, and I need to do laundry and clean and do a ton of other catch-up work today. The last couple of weeks have just been brutal for us so I'm ready to get back to some sense of normalcy and be able to sew more often.

Blog Entries
    Oh that is so beautiful. Love that one. Awesome job AmyB.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Thank you QuilterMomma!

I ran into technical difficulties getting it out into the mail this week - more like my checkbook ran into technical difficulties - but it will definitely go out on Wednesday (1/23) when I get paid again. And then it'll be on its way to areinn. I can't wait to get started on the next one - I'm already getting ideas for it!

Ladies, it is nearing the time to mail again, which is Feb. 1.

Just checking in. I had a slide off with my car and have had some whip lash issues.Go figure.I love all the pictures will let you know when I mail this row.. Happy happy.

I received your package today lisa..Sherry will mail you your rows tomorow Happy Happy.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast