Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #9

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note. I'm up to my eyeballs getting ready for vacation, leaving friday morning for the coast of Maine and will be back on the 22nd. I'm taking the laptop so I will get caught up on the thread. I'm so excited to join your group. Thank you so much for having me. My 1st row robin! Thinking about sampler blocks in Civil War reproduction fabrics. How's that sound to all of you? Do you think that's something doable? I know some swappers work from their stash so I don't want anyone to feel they have to go buy fabric.

Yea! another Buckeye

Blog Entries
    Welcome oldcatlady.....ha! HAVE to go buy fabric? LOL I'd be surprised if there's a quilter on earth that HAS to buy fabric....heehee

I like your theme.....and have a great vacation.........

Quote Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note. I'm up to my eyeballs getting ready for vacation, leaving friday morning for the coast of Maine and will be back on the 22nd. I'm taking the laptop so I will get caught up on the thread. I'm so excited to join your group. Thank you so much for having me. My 1st row robin! Thinking about sampler blocks in Civil War reproduction fabrics. How's that sound to all of you? Do you think that's something doable? I know some swappers work from their stash so I don't want anyone to feel they have to go buy fabric.

Yea! another Buckeye
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Ok Ladies, I'm probably showing signs of OCD, but mee can't help it....LOL

I have the following as themes: if it's not correct please let me know as I'd like to start sorting fabric/ideas for each of you as your RR makes it to my doorstep....with the holidays around the corner....just want to be a little prepared

CHERYLW: not decided
    OLDCATLADY: civil war sampler
    SCRAPPER: scraps
    CUPPY: dogs and pupplies
    SHANA: blue flowers/roses - is this firm or do we need clarification

Thanks........

Dogs and Puppies for me. I will be on Vacation this upcoming week, I am still shopping for fabric for my row robin. I seen it in a shop and now need to go purchase,if it is not there any more I will start shopping again. There is so much dog and puppy fabrics, tough decision. I have civil war fabrics, need to gather a bit more, will need to gather roses/blue roses, and scrap blocks I have plentiful. and Cheryl W, I need to know your theme,so I can begin collecting and sorting your fabrics, themes can come from your hobbies, favorite colors, things you like to collect ,or your passion. Can hardly wait to find out...

cuppy

cuppy

Blue Flower/Roses is good with me not sure if I have any civil war repos in my stash lol but if I don't it is no burden to pick up a few pieces My computer is down..again...so I'm only able to pop in once a week or so, but you can send me a PM which go to my phone via email if you need me for anything

OldCatLady Welcome to the group!!

I'm loving my vacation in Maine. I have stopped at 2 fabric stores so far. Loaded up on lighthouses/shells/seashore/starfish/sailboats. Lovely fabric from Marcus Brothers/Timeless Treasures/Elizabeth's Studio(which I love!) and a few others.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hi to all!

I have finally decided on my theme - batiks. I bought enough fabric to send everyone a fat quarter to use to keep a little consistancy throughout the rows. I will also be including some sashing to go between rows.

My question for everyone is this: do you want me to send you the fat quarter now or do you want to get it with the row? Majority will be the method! I hope to get a square or two done next week and will post a picture when I do.

Hope everyone is doing well. oldcatlady your fabrics sound great, should make into a beautiful quilt.

Scrapper and cuppy would love to see pictures if you have started on your rows. Shana hope your computer problems are short lived.

Take care all!
    Last edited by CherylW; 10-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.

do we make whatever blocks we want as long as they go with the theme if not specifically mentioned?

I like the idea of seeing the blocks early so we can get an idea of what we want to do or to get fabric.

CherylW - are you leaning toward a specific color of batiks? I have a lot in my stash already. I'm OK with whatever you decide about the fat quarters.

Blog Entries
    It all sounds so exciting I can't wait to see everyone's projects......they're going to be BEAUTIFUL!

CherylW, I would rather have the fat quarter come with the top...if it comes seperate I'm afraid I'll put it "some where safe" and never find it!

Cat Lady - My understanding was that we could do what ever we wanted as long as it fit the theme of the quilt...someone tell me now if that isn't right!!

Unfortunately my laptop sleeps with the fishes lol borrowing/sharing with my sister until I'm able to get a new one sometime around Christmas...maybe if I'm lucky a bit earlier. When I get my center finished I'll post pictures of it, but it probably won't be until close to Thanksgiving!

I do not have capabilities to post photo I will see if I can get some help.

cuppy

All right everyone - 1 month until your 1st row needs to be mailed. I will send a PM to everyone with the list of addresses and where you need to be sending your row. I should have pics this weekend of my squares.

Hope everyone is doing well and weathered the storms ok. Lots of wind here but I missed it by being in Las Vegas visiting my brother. 80's and sunny the whole time. Oh well, now back to real life - 30's and overcast!

If anyone is having any problems - be sure to let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Hi CherylW......I have a problem......I have to stinkin' work instead of just playing in mee sewing stuff.....LOL, just fool'n around.....

Actually, I'm excited to see the work of others and get started on something for someone other me-self.......I'm ready to mail, but will post a picture of my "graveyard" block row (ok ok, I stole that phrase "block graveyard" from you....it fit so perfectly ) before I do......

Quote Originally Posted by CherylW View Post
    All right everyone - 1 month until your 1st row needs to be mailed. I will send a PM to everyone with the list of addresses and where you need to be sending your row. I should have pics this weekend of my squares.

Hope everyone is doing well and weathered the storms ok. Lots of wind here but I missed it by being in Las Vegas visiting my brother. 80's and sunny the whole time. Oh well, now back to real life - 30's and overcast!

If anyone is having any problems - be sure to let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Have fun!

I should be finished with my row this weekend. Lots of dogs and puppies.

cuppy

How is everyone coming along?I would like to get my mailing envelope ready, will need mailing address of Shana, can you pm me please. I would like to get this packed up and have it ready to send out soon. Thanks cuppy

Hi everyone! Just PM'd all the addresses and a quick review of the instructions. Hope everyone is doing well. Stay in touch!

Well I sent the PM and have now realized that it was not up-to-date. Getting a current address list from QBee - or if you all want to PM me your addresses that would be great!!! (Think Tony the Tiger). Sunny and warm Sunday afternoon in Central Ohio. Laundry and sewing on the schedule this afternoon if I ever get off the computer. I work tomorrow so hope to send the new address list on Tuesday.

Thanks!
    CherylW

just sent you a PM w/ my address

Penny - got your address, so we are all set. Any questions?

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.....including me!

hello Please update my address it is FL for Florida not CL... Thanks.

I am finishing up my row now,should be ready to mail on Dec1. Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving.

cuppy

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone....sorry for the MIA just recovering fm hand surgery...shud hv full splint off this week/nx week and back to normal. My row is ready for mailing just need to write out the instructions to send along with it and cut the sashings to include....I tried some new techniques....free motion applique....interesting to say the least....

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..

<b>Robinette_BingBing-1.jpg</b>

Hi everyone,

I thought I would be done before the PO closes at noon today but I'm going to need the rest of the WE to finish and will mail out on Monday via priority. I will post pics when done and I am going to include some fabric scraps that I have left over and some fabric from one of the main fabrics I used so if you want to use any or none feel free to.

I will include sashing that I would like between the blocks and I'd like the rows to stay unattached if you wouldn't mind. That way I don't have to send the sashing that goes between the rows and I can play around w/ row placement when it comes back to me.

I am doing sampler blocks. I picked blocks that would have been around during the civil war era (old patterns that seem to have been around forever). This is my 1st row robin so it will be a learn as you go experience for me

I am going to send a small journal that you can write in if you wish. I'm going to put the block names in there.

I'm not sure what to do about a label yet. Have any of you decided? Can you either post a pic or explain what you are using to give me an idea?

I'm so excited but a little nervous to work on your quilts!

I would love to see any pics you have of your rows so I can start thinking ahead
    Last edited by oldcatlady; 12-01-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Hello Ladies,
    here are some pics of my row. I'm not crazy about a few of the blocks. I may end up ripping them out when I get the rows back.

I just need to figure out what I'm doing for a label and write in my journal (after I dig one out). I'm hoping to get that done tonight so I can mail it tomorrow.

Am I the last one to get mine out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone......my row is in a package ready to be put in an envelope but I am stuck in the middle of the Port of Los Angeles shutdown/strike. I will mail as soon as I can get to the airport....hopefully this week....

Thanks for your understanding

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast