Row Robins

Old 02-23-2011, 02:58 PM

I think I get the idea of a row robin by reading posts, but could someone set it all out for me so I know for sure how it works. I was thinking about introducing it to the six of us that get together every Tues. to sew. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM

A Row Robin is an exchange between a set group of friends. Everyone agrees on a block size and number of blocks per row. Then you each set out to create row one in your own theme. Once your row is done then you send it to the next person on the list and you get someone else's. You then make the same number of blocks to compliment their first row sticking with their theme and colors. This continues until everyone in the group has worked on every quilt. You eventually get your own quilt back with a row from each member. Its so much fun and the finished quilts are beautiful.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by slstitcher
I think I get the idea of a row robin by reading posts, but could someone set it all out for me so I know for sure how it works. I was thinking about introducing it to the six of us that get together every Tues. to sew. Thanks.
The explanation by Kathy N was perfect. Both she and I are a part of the 2010-2011 Row Robin exchange and are having a great time. Last evening I finished row 9 of one member's quilt and received another quilt this morning on which I'll be adding row #10. If you want to check out the progress that our group has made, check: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44827-2.htm . I believe that many other Row Robin groups have started up on the Quilting Board. Good luck and I know you'll have fun! Belles