Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Finished sewing and squaring 60 today. Still have to sign them. I ran out of white material. I am off work this weekend, so will get busy.

I have a question - I had to cut the squares bigger 4 inch white an 3 inch corners. I couldn't get them to come out right, so made them bigger. When I cut them to square them up - will they stay together and not come undone? If I use small stitches will that help?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:38 PM

well I have everything cut out and ready to be sewn, signed, squared and sent. Busy baking and decorating cakes this week but Sunday evening looks like a date with my sewing machine!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Finished sewing and squaring 60 today. Still have to sign them. I ran out of white material. I am off work this weekend, so will get busy.

I have a question - I had to cut the squares bigger 4 inch white an 3 inch corners. I couldn't get them to come out right, so made them bigger. When I cut them to square them up - will they stay together and not come undone? If I use small stitches will that help?
If they're machine stitched they shouldn't come undone. Actually, if they're tiny stitches by hand they shouldn't either. Squaring up will be fine.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by CraftyGirlCreations
well I have everything cut out and ready to be sewn, signed, squared and sent. Busy baking and decorating cakes this week but Sunday evening looks like a date with my sewing machine!
Excuse my nosy-ness but what are the cakes for? Do you sell them?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 AM

I'm glad to see everyone else is squaring theirs up, too. I thought maybe I was the only one who "had" to square them up, in my ignorance I thought they should be coming out completely square all by themselves!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn

If they're machine stitched they shouldn't come undone. Actually, if they're tiny stitches by hand they shouldn't either. Squaring up will be fine.
Thanks- I didn't want someone to get squares with the corners falling off. :-( :-( :-(
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 AM

So, if I am reading correctly, there are 169 signed up and sign-up is closed.

Mine are all cut out, just need to sew and sign. Have to get a tablerunner done first for a swap. Guess housecleaning will have to wait as well as weeding!

:roll:

Know what you mean about the 'one' person at the PO. Thankfully we have a nice PO in town and they all are the nicest friendliest bunch. Never have any problems with them.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 AM

So total to send is 173, right? Did someone drop out, wasn't it 174 at one point?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by King's Daughter
I'm glad to see everyone else is squaring theirs up, too. I thought maybe I was the only one who "had" to square them up, in my ignorance I thought they should be coming out completely square all by themselves!
I haven't had anything come out "exactly" right and on size. It is the little things we do to tweek the end result that makes the quilts complete. Please so not refer to yourself in such an unflattering way. Each project brings a new set of skills and knowledge.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by King's Daughter
I haven't had anything come out "exactly" right and on size. It is the little things we do to tweek the end result that makes the quilts complete. Please so not refer to yourself in such an unflattering way. Each project brings a new set of skills and knowledge.
Thanks, Sapdoggie, for the encouragement! You're certainly right about skills and knowledge growing with each project!