Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 07-02-2010, 05:44 PM

I am looking forward to receiving the blocks. Still not sure how I will put them together ill figure it out after.
Thank you for letting me be part of this swap.
Happy Quilting,
Carol in Delaware
Old 07-05-2010, 09:09 PM

NoraBanaquilts,
Something came up and I haven't been able to do my siggies so please take me off of the list .
Thundersissydale.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Banned

Norbana:
How many are we missing yet? Can't wait to get them and put together. Tahnk you for all your hard work. I am hosting a couple swaps. hope they turn out Ok..Do most people go thru with it when they sign up?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 AM

The activity page is up to date. I know for the ones we are missing there are only 1 or 2 that I know for certain are on their way, so there are going to be quite a few no-shows

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Norbana:
How many are we missing yet? Can't wait to get them and put together. Tahnk you for all your hard work. I am hosting a couple swaps. hope they turn out Ok..Do most people go thru with it when they sign up?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

What are you going to do wth our extra blocks? You can give mine to other people if you like. I really don't need them back. Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 AM

WOW - looks like about 40 or so still not received.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Are there so many actually missing or are these no-shows?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:04 AM

One of those is our hostess, who assures us she IS participating! (and I believe her!), so how many of the ones not listed as arrived are her helpers who are also participating?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:19 AM

How many packets have you received?
What page is the update on? 8-)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
The activity page is up to date. I know for the ones we are missing there are only 1 or 2 that I know for certain are on their way, so there are going to be quite a few no-shows

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Norbana:
That is such a shame that some people will do that to you.
How much time does it take to pop in here and say sorry I can't finish so count me out? Even a private PM if they don't want to post would be welcome.
I know a lot of the NO shows are posting to the board daily and there is no excuse for that.
I used to run a lot of soap and body items swaps and finally had to get the return postage before they were officially signed up!
That way if they dropped before the ending date they got their money back so they were better about letting you know.
Just signing up and disappearing didn't happen! In all the years I ran the swaps I never got to keep any money! :cry:
I did have a lot of drop outs but I wasn't waiting for them at the end.
It looks like there are 43 - 3 hostesses so about 40 or if you know about three coming then say 37. 21% is way too many!

If I was doing the swapping I would put all the extra blocks in a big pile and mix them up. If I was due 37 extras I would randomly pull 37 out of the pile.
I would much rather have two of 37 peoples blocks than 37 of my own back. I would use them before I would put 37 of my own in my quilt.
I'm very sorry I was right about the flakes but it does happen especially with a large swap!
I recommend never waiting more than a week for late people. Lots of people sign up and think they have all the time in the world then it's too late and they flake or keep the other 140 people waiting.
I know in your case just getting a date that the three of you could get together was difficult.
I appreciation all the aggravation you have to go through with this size swap and I thank you for your effort!
:-D

Can you tell this is one of my pet peeves? :-D