Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 >

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Old 01-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Default SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

I wanted to do something completely different and allow a large amount of creativity and surprise. So, for this secret swap, the theme is HOME DÉCOR.
Signups close: January 21, 2013

Ship by date: March 22, 2013 (Delivery confirmation required)

How it works:

*This is a secret swap for all skill levels.

*You will pick a room of your home in which you’d like a homemade quilted or quilt related surprise and your swap partner will decide on an item for you.

*Please make sure that all items have been prewashed and are machine washable on at least the gentle cycle, except wall hangings.

*All projects must include at least 2 different fabrics. Let’s stay away from anything larger than a table runner to be sure everyone feels like they received something comparable to what they sent, but also feel free to send more than 1 item that goes together if you choose an “easy” project.

*if you prefer to receive something gender specific, please add that info to your selected room when you send your info.

*I will try to match people up by room if participation counts allow. For example, if you request a kitchen item I’ll do my best to match you with a partner who requested a kitchen item as well.

*PM me when you ship or receive your item

Suggestions for each room:

By all means you can pick anything else that goes in that room that you wish, and a wall hanging is appropriate for almost any room:

>Living room: Candle mats, pillow covers, remote holder, mug rugs

>Dining room: Placemats, table runner, hot pads

>Kitchen: Insulated teapot cover, bar runner, potholders/oven mitts, casserole carrier, can/mug cozy, apron, grocery totes

>Adult Bedroom: Nightstand mats, pillow covers, bed runner, bed caddy (to hold a book/magazine, reading classes, and remotes)

>Child (specify gender and age): Pillow covers, pillowcase, jewelry or bow holders, doll quilts, bed caddy, travel case for art pad and crayons or pencils, toys, child’s apron

>Baby/Toddler (specify gender and age, if known): toys, burp cloths, bibs, busy books, play mats, car seat quilts, changing mats/kits

>Bathroom: Tank runner, candle mat, makeup bag, toiletry bag, decorative towels, travel jewelry bag

>Sewing room/Office: Scissor case, scraps/trash bag, sewing caddy, ironing board cover, mug rug

>Other: Tote bag, quilted purse, purse organizer, hand warmers, cell phone cover, eye/sunglass case, legal pad cover, checkbook cover

I am required to insist that participants send me a monthly PM to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project.

I am required to insist that participants notify me as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that both partners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to let them know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist that all participants send me verification of shipment, to include tracking information.

Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.”

Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship by March 22, 2013 shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback.

Please keep in touch with me as required. Please let me know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time.

Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.

What to submit:
Board Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone #: (this is for my use only in the event that a problem should arise)
Will you accept international partners?:
Any allergies?
Can you take and post photos?
Choice of room (with gender/age info if needed):
Your décor colors and/or theme:

Please read the swap rules at http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm.

Once you PM me your info to join, please post in the group so that your swap members can get to know a little about your tastes and needs and the anticipation can begin!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM

sounds fun, let me think about it.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM

oh oh I need a pair of placemats.. likelyhood of my making them for me? NEVER. SIGN me UP! sent PM. I have never made a cover for something. that would be a challenge but a candle mat would be fun and most of theother ideas you posted. what a great swap. Love to make something fun. who needs chickens or roosters?? um kittens? um.. flowers! I have lots of floral in lots of colors! this will be a nice swap to do. something completely different or ..not if you are great at making one thing I say stick with it. make that!

I am so glad to see you are hosting this new event. Pot holders?? who cant use those? wow. good one dustysmom!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM

Wanda Lou, we'd love to have you!

Elisabrat, I got your info. You were first! Welcome!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM

I need to finish up my other committments first. If I can get my tablerunner and dq out the door and the last two boom blocks, I may be able to sign up. Have to finish the others first.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 AM

Ship by date has me thinking about it...there is enough time to come up with something and get it done.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 PM

I know ship by March 22 does sound good and I agree I could really use some placemats.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 AM

Wanda, placemats are something I have seen a lot of people mention they need on this site. Here's photos of some I made my boyfriend's mom for Christmas.

Here's the front:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387188[/ATTACH]

Here's the back for the 2 to go on her bar:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387189[/ATTACH]

Here's the back for the 6 to go on her dining table:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387190[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc06097-adj.jpg   dsc06098-adj.jpg   dsc06100-adj.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Whoo Hoo, I'm in!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 PM

Yay! I'm in! So excited. What can I tell you about me? My kitchen is red & white & beige. My livingroom is beige ( so I can change out pillows, throws & curtains). Bathroom is robins egg blue. I like tote bags (who doesn't), appliance covers (my kitchen aid could use one), placemats (everytime I make them - they end up as gifts). I could defintely go for a large laptop bag!( Jus' sayin'). I'd say I'm a beginner quilter but I have been sewing for quite awhile, so I quess for this swap I would consider myself experienced but not quite advanced. Did I say I'm EXCITED about this swap?!!!

Shannon