Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap >

Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Need to try and find some here in Spokane. I do have to travel this weekend, maybe check some other places for those walnut shells. Did you get them in Billings? Going for a wedding at end of month, could always get some there.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 AM

At the pet supply Beth, they use it for bedding for some of the little critters. And no didn't have to drive very far, Cody had it, amazing. I was surprised.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Banned

For my pincushions I use poly batting, surrounding an inner
"pouch" of emery sand which is what comes inside the little
"strawberry" on the tomato pincushions.

I did try using buckwheat hulls for pincushions but it didn't turn
out quite the way I wanted so I put the 5lb. bag of hulls into my
buckwheat hull pillow.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 AM

I use poly batting and BB"s in the bottom for weight
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 AM

Ohhhhh these re MINE all mine! No really they are, Mary sent these little cuties to me! I am so excited I love de them on here and they are even cutier I person! She did a awesome job on them! Thank you Mary!!!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...2-dsc_2561.jpg

Last edited by LAQUITA; 04-10-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Cant wait to zee whT i get. Went to a fellow qb's today. Made six pin ushions.
This way when a swap hits the board, im ready. When the next one????
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 PM

My life is not my own right now, really. We have a 23 yo special needs daughter living at home with us, I am her primary caregiver. I am so blessed to be able to be at home with her, however last week, our oldest married daughter, dislocated her knee while vacuuming out their van, fell and broke her elbow. Her right elbow, and she is......right handed. So I had our 2 yo old GS over the weekend, then Monday our Oldest DD called and needed me to come & get her b/c she couldn't do anything on her own, since she is right handed. So I went and got her, now I am helping 3 in & out of the tub, cutting u food for 2 of them, helping all 3 dress, getting bed...... I am thankful to The Lord that I am able to be home and truly care for our grown daughters and GS. Thank you, Lord for this blessing....in disguise.
I am working on my boxes and will get them out ASAP!

Saying all that I had to drop out of this swap! I so hated to, I meant to drop out before I was sent anything from my SS, however I missed getting the info out early enough and got a awesome package from Mary, I SOOO needed the little package as encouragement though, thank you Mary!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM

LaQuita...Wow! You are one amazing mom/grandmom but you do what you have to do. Please be careful and don't hurt yourself helping others. Just a note to my partners...the sun is shining today and snow is melting so I mailed off the needle case and the pin cushion. They went in opposite directions and I took pics but won't post until packages arrive. Then if partners are unable to post pics, I will. :-) Hope you both like them. Not very fancy but filled with love. p.s. I do like the idea of putting BB"s in bottom of a pin cushion for weight. Might try that one day. Will make a little sack for them to be enclosed in though. Great idea.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
At the pet supply Beth, they use it for bedding for some of the little critters. And no didn't have to drive very far, Cody had it, amazing. I was surprised.
And the pet stores here don't have any. That is where I had gotten it before. Will work on it some more. I have my mouse pincushion all stuffed anyway with little beads that you put in stuffed animals and some poly to fill out the edges a bit. He is ready to go, now to remember to mail the little guy. I guess I like him to much so having a hard time sending.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Laquita, you are in my prayers my sweet friend. Hope everyone heals quickly and you back to swapping soon. I am saving you a spot in the next one.

Speaking of the next one, I am tweaking the participant questionnaire and my spreadsheet. Hope to have thread up by the 22nd of the month, with a dead line of May 1. Swap names by the 3rd and everyone shipping by the 20th. So we can do it again in June.