Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-04-2015, 07:52 AM

This is my first swap with this group. I'm really looking forward to it. I make a lot of homemade stockings, so I'm sure there will be one in the package I send. Maybe I'll add some Kahlua fudge too.

Here are my answers to Cindy's questions.

1. What's your favorite color? Worst color? I like pink blue and bright colors. I also like deep, rich tones.

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other? I love it all

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy? Traditional and scrappy

4. Pets? what kind & how many? 3 horses, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 ducks and multiple chickens

5. Coffee or Tea? Tea. I despise coffee

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it? Love it

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? Love it all

8. What's your favorite flower? Love them all

9. Your favorite snack? Chocolate

10. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? T.V., music, book? Nothing is playing, I just have the window
Old 10-04-2015, 09:43 AM

This is my first year doing SS. I have some things made to stuff in my box but will have to go shopping to find something special for my special name. Can hardly wait for those names to go out.

1. What's your favorite color? Worst color? Aqua/teal and red is what I'm loving right now. But really, I like all colors!

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other? All of the above.

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy? traditional and scrappy. Some modern patterns I like too.

4. Pets? what kind & how many? None. They stir up my allergies

5. Coffee or Tea? Neither. I just do water.

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it? Chocolate is always good!

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? I enjoy making things for others so I always enjoy handmade gifts. But it is the thought that counts!

8. What's your favorite flower? This is a hard one for me. I like them all. Not crazy about the smell of roses however.

9. Your favorite snack? Pretzel stuffed with peanut butter or triscuits with peanut butter. I bet those stuffed pretzels would be good dipped in chocolate!

10. What's playing in your sewing area when you're there? T.V., music, book? Country or oldies (70's era) Took me awhile to like country, so many of the songs have a sad theme, but I'm getting better a just not hearing them. Do they call that selective hearing? LOL
Old 10-04-2015, 11:22 AM

Scrapquilt, I love Murder She Wrote too! Around the holidays, Amazon has some amazing prices on DVD box sets. Last year I treated myself to MSW.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:56 PM

I am looking forward to this swap - this is the first year I have participated. his really sounds like a lot of fun. However, I am behind some of you who started collecting things really early!!

I assume our partners will be assigned via PM?

Here is what I sent in (sort of....)

Likes/Wants: I am really flexible and would like almost anything - one area of "stash" I don't have much of is batiks - I am really into I Spy fabrics - any scraps 5" or larger are appreciated.

Dislikes/Allergies:
Only dislikes are probably neon colors and drab colors. I love both modern fabrics and traditional pieces. Not much into small florals though. Love holiday fabrics.

Allergies -
very allergic to cats and cigarette smoke. I have asthma and both of these cause me to flare up.

Do you have pets?
Have a Mini Schnauzer who is rotten! These are hypo-allergenic dogs because they don't have dander. I also collect mini schnauzer ornaments.

Chocolate -
what's not to love??

Coffee or tea?
Don't drink coffee, and I am originally Texan so mainly drink iced tea.

I love handmade gifts, Christmas ornaments. Collect angel ornaments.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:01 PM

hello you beautiful members, i sign up this year again ,i did miss last year secert santa . i made it this year for sign ups, can,t wait for my pal so i can go shopping , i'll post more info of my likes when i know i'm in for sure till when you have a great week ,see you soon with information
Old 10-04-2015, 03:46 PM

Hello...that time of year again.....can `t wait to get the name of my Santeee.....will be going to southern On soon so will be doing some shopping for sure...although I do have a few items for her/him already. I don`t go in the hole a lot but I do follow every chance I get....I will have a few questions to ask when I get my name....well I better be nice and fill in the questionnaire...I`ve been told before I don`t give much help to my secret Santa so will try and do better this year...soooo here goes:
1. What's your favorite color? Worst color? Love all colors but if I have to pick a favorite...maybe red or blue or even purple...wait , I also love yellow, and orange...green too....lol

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other? least fav would be florals....love all the rest...

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy? hmmm I do a lot of scrappies but maybe modern would be my fav...although I do love traditional too

4. Pets? what kind & how many?nope

5. Coffee or Tea? coffee from Tim`s and McDo

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it? mmmm who doesn`t love chocolat...lol but maybe candies would be my first choice

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? doesn`t matter to me....I prefer letting my SS choose.

8. What's your favorite flower? love all flowers

9. Your favorite snack? cheese popcorn

10. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? T.V., music, book? T.V for sure , from morning to night
Old 10-04-2015, 05:21 PM

OOOOO NOOOO! I thought signs ups started in October. And now it is all closed up? Boo hooo for me. And I've been collecting things all year long!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:25 PM

Ok peeps. Here I go.
1. What's your favorite color?
I love them all with a few exceptions one week it is bright one week it is neutrals. Haha. I just love color
Worst color? The mustard yellow and some Browns are it for me

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other?
well let's just say I am a batik hoarder I collect all year long I like solids and florals definately not a 30's and can't really say I have bought any civil war. Love prints with words

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy?
all of it. The crazier the better love it all

4. Pets? what kind & how many?
I have 3 2 labs a black and silver they are both outdoors and then a indoor dog. Silky havanese Macy. She loves quilts. The softer the better

5. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee all the way. Preferably caramel macchiato from Starbucks but hey a good cup of coffee with hazelnut macchiato creamer is always good

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it?
Love all except dark. Why ruin a good thing

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought?
Who doesn't love homemade. I love them.

8. What's your favorite flower?
gerbera daisies are it all colors

9. Your favorite snack?
Chips or a sweet and salty mix

10. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? T.V., music, book?
usually me, I am always talking out a pattern or humming but if it's a stress free sew then I have Pandora on either country or today's hits.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:11 AM

For those that have sent me aPM. I am not ignoring you. It's hard for me to do much on my phone. I leave tomorrow so hopefully on Wednesday I'll get to you
Old 10-05-2015, 06:21 AM
Banned

I know we don't have our names yet, but trying to get
more ideas for goodies to add to the box.

Do you like the Clover binding clips?
Do you like/use zippers?
Do you like Christmas fabrics?