Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010 >

Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010

Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010

Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 AM

12 1/2 inch Select your Stars blocks

Please use 100% pre-washed cotton (required) and make sure your blocks measure 12 ½". We will be choosing stars from Quilterscache.com found on page 58, The Valley of the Sun Start first 8 originals block. These stars have several variations of inner blocks. The colors that may be used are all or a combination of White, Silver, Blue, Green and Gold.

This is a color and block specific pattern, so please look at the selection to choose from BEFORE you decide to join.

You make 12 blocks, all alike and send them to me along with a Flat Rate Stamp of $4.90 for return postage... There have been many envelopes sent in past swaps that do not have sufficient postage on them. The blocks will be mailed back to you in a Flat Rate envelope. No other return method will be accepted.

Sign-up will close on Saturday, November 6, blocks due to me by Dec 4th. Please plan mailing accordingly!! Because of problems with the deadlines in other swaps, if there is going to be a problem with having them here by Dec 4, please pm me. You also have the option of dropping out of the swap. Any blocks received after Dec 4 will not be accepted and will be returned to you. There is plenty of time to sign up, and complete the blocks as the swap was opened on August 25th. It is not fair for those who do honor the deadline to be waiting and waiting and waiting.

I will send you back one of your blocks and one each of 11 different blocks.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to each block , or a sticky label can be used, please put the label on the back as sometimes some of the 'sticky' adhears to the block itself. Or you may write in somewhere that it will not bleed through with a permanent thin pigma pen. Please include your real name AND Board name.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 12 blocks of each star design. You will receive back as many sets as you send. The flat rate envelope will hold two sets. Any more than that, you will need another flat rate envelope stamp.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:35 AM

OK..I'm in on this one! It will be a challange for me but I promise I will make it happen! I will do 12 blocks, First of the 8 originals (Denise's block)

Thanks Deb for doing this again for us!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
OK..I'm in on this one! It will be a challange for me but I promise I will make it happen! I will do 12 blocks, First of the 8 originals (Denise's block)

Thanks Deb for doing this again for us!
Okay, will have you down for Denise's block. I think this will also be a pretty nice swap as there are 8 to choose from and with the wide colors, the blocks should work up real nice.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM

Will be pming you, but how would postage work from Australia? I would love to be a part of this.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Will be pming you, but how would postage work from Australia? I would love to be a part of this.
I do not know. I can check with my PO to see what the flat rate envelopes include - if it is international as well.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 PM

Thanks, would appreciate that.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Be sure you choose from these blocks: Carolyn, Cathy, Chris, Denise, Ellen, Linda, Sharon or Pat. There are patterns for 9" and 12", be sure to make the 12". Measure twice (or three or four) cut once.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Good advise. Sometime could do with a new book, Quilting for Dummies.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 PM

I will do the Sharon's star. Thanks Deb for another swap to get involved in.....heehee
Old 08-26-2010, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
I will do the Sharon's star. Thanks Deb for another swap to get involved in.....heehee
Yes, I just can't seem to stay from these. The ideas just keep popping in my head. This swap is a little different as it is specific in block and color. I think it will make a real nice "winter style" sampler quilt. And since the blocks are all there, everyone can add to it (if they so choose) to make the quilt as large as they desire. I am having a hard time deciding what one to do :roll: