Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September 2009 Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed >

September 2009 Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

September 2009 Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Kathryn - I just finished the quilt, shot a few pictures, and it's ready to package up and mail out tomorrow (it's 11:45 pm for me right now). Can you mail on 9/14 too? or will it be too late?? I don't know what our time differences are like...
Old 09-13-2009, 11:22 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Kathryn - I just finished the quilt, shot a few pictures, and it's ready to package up and mail out tomorrow (it's 11:45 pm for me right now). Can you mail on 9/14 too? or will it be too late?? I don't know what our time differences are like...
Hi esq - I'm ahead of you (I think 7 hours) and yes I'm ready to mail today! :D Although yours will probably get here first - things seem to come this way quicker than they go that way - I think the wind must be in this direction! Then we have to decide if we both wait til we receive before unwrapping - do I have that amount of patience??? Can I gaze at an unwrapped squishy for a couple of days??? :lol:
Old 09-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
[Then we have to decide if we both wait til we receive before unwrapping - do I have that amount of patience??? Can I gaze at an unwrapped squishy for a couple of days??? :lol:

Oh, Esq, that is too tempting. I wonder how long she could hold out if you deliberately waited! ROFLMBO. Sorry, k, but it is funny to think of you WATCHING that package like a kid eyeing a present under the Christmas tree on December 18th!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Sorry, k, but it is funny to think of you WATCHING that package like a kid eyeing a present under the Christmas tree on December 18th!
You got me, Gai - I poke, squeeze and rattle those! I'm worse than the kids - the family have got into the habit of disguising things - I've had CDs wrapped in towels and sweaters in boxes with a brick in! :shock: :lol:
Old 09-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Banned

YAHOOO! It's done, and the label is ON! I would pack it up and mail it today, but the gals at work want to see it, so I'll mail it by Thursday morning at the absolute latest!

Kendra, if you only KNEW the angst that went into this! I'll include the story with the quilt. Suffice it to say, that it was nearly ruined, but somehow my guardian angel was watching out for me.

K3n did say that I should send it to her instead, though! Thanks k, for the compliment! Bisous!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
You got me, Gai - I poke, squeeze and rattle those! I'm worse than the kids - the family have got into the habit of disguising things - I've had CDs wrapped in towels and sweaters in boxes with a brick in! :shock: :lol:

So, you're saying that if I sent you a package now that said DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS, either you would have to ignore it and open anyhow, or you would be absolutely nuts by then! :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 AM

[quote=gaigai]YAHOOO! It's done, and the label is ON! I would pack it up and mail it today, but the gals at work want to see it, so I'll mail it by Thursday morning at the absolute latest!

Kendra, if you only KNEW the angst that went into this! I'll include the story with the quilt. Suffice it to say, that it was nearly ruined, but somehow my guardian angel was watching out for me.

I look forward to reading about what happened!
Yours still needs to be quilted! I will do everything in my power to have it ready to be mailed out on Thursday as well!! Wish me luck!!
I am so excited to see what you decided on!!
I will let you know if I need more time.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned

Kendra, don't worry about mine. I'm happy to have you send it whenever you're ready! It doesn't really matter to me whether we mail at the same time or not! I just had several days off and was able to finish it (OMG, if you only knew! :shock: ), but I know that you have two kids, and work, so take your time. It gives me more time to anticipate! I'm not like k3n! LOL
Old 09-14-2009, 04:39 AM
Banned

Hmmmmm, maybe I am a little like k3n. In reverse! 'Cause I can't wait for YOU to get it and see how you like it. LOL
Old 09-14-2009, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by k3n
[Then we have to decide if we both wait til we receive before unwrapping - do I have that amount of patience??? Can I gaze at an unwrapped squishy for a couple of days??? :lol:

Oh, Esq, that is too tempting. I wonder how long she could hold out if you deliberately waited! ROFLMBO. Sorry, k, but it is funny to think of you WATCHING that package like a kid eyeing a present under the Christmas tree on December 18th!
Gai, you are a devil, you know that??? I never would have thought of that...

I don't know about you, but I cant wait. That package will come and I'll have the impulse control of a 4-year-old!!! My kids will want to rip into it too! So, I say, let's mail today, and then open when we get them. Sound good to you?