Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) >

September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme)

September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme)

Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by oksewglad
So who's going to bribe Chele to be your partner :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo hoo hoo. Once again, no one wants to be stuck with me!
Even Linda (SewExtreme) was so frighten by what I sent her that she never posted pix. Just as well. Don't want your eyes to burn.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well, you show us, Krystna!! And I'll be your partner-I always admire New York Beauty blocks!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad
So who's going to bribe Chele to be your partner :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo hoo hoo. Once again, no one wants to be stuck with me!
Even Linda (SewExtreme) was so frighten by what I sent her that she never posted pix. Just as well. Don't want your eyes to burn.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh Krys, I was wondering what I'd have to give Chele so I could be your partner!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM

krystyna-- i want to go on record as saying *I* want to be your partner! i'll start the bidding at 1 fq for chele (under the table of course).
Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Very excited and verrrrry nervous! I just signed up for a class on Sunday with Linda Hahn to learn how to do New York Beauty Blocks! Guess what my partner(s) will be getting next month?
What are new york beauty blocks?
Scroll down a little and you'll see the workshop here
http://www.liqs.org/quilters_meetings.htm
ONE PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw the photo of the quilt, I was thinking, oh, Krystyna has a seam ripper.... good!

ALL kidding aside, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your class! Rats, I won't get to be your partner again since I am dropping out til the beginning of 2012!
Yup. Got my trusty seam ripper. Will miss you a whole bunch, Linda.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by nancia
krystyna-- i want to go on record as saying *I* want to be your partner! i'll start the bidding at 1 fq for chele (under the table of course).
I think you have to bid selvages with Chele! :thumbup:

Seriously, I am so nervous about this. I am tempted to bring my better sewing machine, but think "old faithful" is best. And what to wear??? I have nothing quilty! They will laugh me and my seam ripper right out the door.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 PM

wear jeans.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
I think you have to bid selvages with Chele! :thumbup:

Seriously, I am so nervous about this. I am tempted to bring my better sewing machine, but think "old faithful" is best. And what to wear??? I have nothing quilty! They will laugh me and my seam ripper right out the door.
Lame - definitely something in gold or silver lame! no embarrassing moments walking around with a thread stuck to your butt. But then again - a nice frothy tu-tu would go lovely with a silver lame top - and threads love tu-tus -- but they blend in... hmm
Old 09-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by shnnn
Lame - definitely something in gold or silver lame! no embarrassing moments walking around with a thread stuck to your butt. But then again - a nice frothy tu-tu would go lovely with a silver lame top - and threads love tu-tus -- but they blend in... hmm
Thank you dearest fashion advisers! Gold lame with hot pink! I will also see if I can glue sequins to my eyeglasses. That way no one will be looking at my quilting (dis)abilities! Off to get my glue gun!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM

Thank you dearest fashion advisers! Gold lame with hot pink! I will also see if I can glue sequins to my eyeglasses. That way no one will be looking at my quilting (dis)abilities! Off to get my glue gun!
Add a few feathers to the glasses as well -- you'll be ready for mardi gras! You will get to be the eccentric one! that way what ever you do wont be a mistake - it will be an eccentric design decision!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Swap Hosts

Add a few feathers to the glasses as well -- you'll be ready for mardi gras! You will get to be the eccentric one! that way what ever you do wont be a mistake - it will be an eccentric design decision!
You are brilliant! Perhaps a macaroni necklace or earrings? Or chicken bones with glitter? Oh, I can't wait!