Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Mini Quilt Swap >

September Mini Quilt Swap

September Mini Quilt Swap

Old 09-27-2014, 07:59 PM

I just LOVE paper piecing!! I have books, magazines, software and there's lots of lovely people out there with skills to design patterns. I collect as much as I can!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:13 PM

Love the squirrel!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:40 PM

OMG, that little squirrel is adorable!
Old 09-28-2014, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
I just LOVE paper piecing!! I have books, magazines, software and there's lots of lovely people out there with skills to design patterns. I collect as much as I can!
I too love to paper piece, I can't get enough of it. The squirrel you made is just darling!

Jan
Old 09-28-2014, 08:25 AM

Let's try this again! Here's a pic of the mini I received from Likethedog! Thank you!! Isn't it cute with all those fall fabrics?
Attached Thumbnails changing-seasons-swap1.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 08:28 AM

And just for grins, here's my desert tortoise, Esmerada, catching some rays after the huge deluge we received yesterday! Whoever said it never rains in the desert!
Attached Thumbnails esmeralda.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 08:53 AM

Great mini from Likethedog! I like the progression of summer to autumn! Nice tortoise, too!!
Old 09-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Squirrels are one of my favorites! Beautiful MizMelly Love the nine patch too, likethedog and I have gone in a similar direction.

Just a friendly reminder....Tuesday is the mail by date for this round. I'm mailing tomorrow (I don't think I'm last to mail this time!!!) We have 6 minis outstanding at this point. Please don't forget to let me know when you ship and post when you've received! We all love looking at what you've received. I'm sure I don't need to post this but, please make sure to pm your partner with a nice "thank you".

The October Swap has been posted, if you're interested, Please come on over and join us. Sign ups end Tuesday.

October Mini Quilt Swap

It's fall or Halloween. Please let me know if you have a strict preference so I can put like folks together. If you don't, you and your partner can figure it out yourselves Hope to see you there!

~Teresa~
Old 09-28-2014, 10:56 AM

Good work, Likethedog!
Everyone, I was Likethedog's very first swap partner here on QB. She was new to quilting, and we were partnered in the table runner swap. I know she really fretted over her abilities, and was nervous if I would like the runner she'd made.
I received the runner, and it was perfect! I don't mean perfect as in every last thread, fabric, seam, etc. was spot on (after all, is there EVER a "perfect" item?? Not any I've ever made.). I mean perfect as to how it fit my tastes, and more importantly "perfect" as in she made it with much heart and soul, and it looks great on my dining table.
Anyways, Likethedog, you're expanding your skills, and that lil mini looks great!
We've all been newbies, and I'm still a newbie to many techniques..guess if I ever stop learning, I better see if I'm still alive..

MizMelly,
That turtle's shell has a pattern that I can just picture quilted into a quilt!!
K
Old 09-28-2014, 11:36 AM

Thanks Kiffie, I never thought about that but you are right! Esmeralda is sporting a cool quilt design on her shell. If you look close, you can see a healed over crack on the side. I found her roaming through my front yard when she was just a little tyke (about 5 years old). My friend who is a wildlife biologist with the US Fish and Wildlife Service said it looked like she got stepped on as a baby. Anyway, she will always have that healed crack. I should make a provision for her in my will. Did you know that Desert Tortoises can live up to 150 years? Especially those in captivity. We estimate that Esmeralda is somewhere's close to 12 years old, and quite large since she's been in captivity since a hatchling. It's hard to say if she was illegally picked up in the desert or just escaped from someone's yard. They are endangered in the wild.
Anyway, she's loving all the lovely wet weather we're having! And I live on higher ground, so no worries about flooding. (tortoises can't swim)!!
That's my nature lecture for the day!