Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Louise,
My aunt gave me a chenille bedspread many years ago and I repaired it and used it for about four years in my spare bedroom I had done in shabby chic. It finally was beyond using after the last wash, so I cut it up the colorful sections and made baby stuffed animals after I ironed on light-weight interfacing to the back to stabilize the good sections. Even though it wasn't torn or damaged, I felt it was a good idea anyway, since the fabric was so old. They were a big hit with a baby quilt and a few gowns.

I still have some of the white sections left and have thought of making a puffy stuffed wreath for Christmas for my bedroom décor. I can't remember where I saw that done, but it was really darling with pink strung pearls and soft green velvet leaves.
I love your ideas...I have two old chenille bedspreads and have been wondering what to do with them as they are not in great shape.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:39 PM

I just love the coordinating cat fabric. What a really nice bedspread. I have seen stuffed animals out of the chenille but never found any vintage chenille. OK Mary here are the bookmarks. The purple one is the practice one and good thing as I didn't realize I had to use a double piece for the bottom. So then I made the other one and I cut too much off of the front piece and should have made the point piece bigger. They are cute to make. Next one is going to Ma. for my friend's birthday.
Attached Thumbnails bookmark-001.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

well I worked on my sons quilt today. finished it with all the borders and such.
Then i looked at the backing and not enough. went to JA's today, and couldn't find anymore of what I needed.

So I picked one other color, black print to stick in the middle to stretch it.

Sending it off to Charisma tomorrow.
Oh I forgot, I mailed out my pc today, should be there for Friday, so wait till then to look for it.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

Louise I remember the beautiful chenille bedspreads. When I was a teen my mother bought me one that had a white back ground with lavender designs on top. She had one, and whenever we would visit Tn. in those days, they were for sale at all the souvenir shops. Mom always bought one or more. All of your fabric you bought is very nice.

As I am writing we are under a severe thunderstorm warning. It turned black outside, and the rain is pouring.

Argentium I am so glad you are feeling better.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Susan, it's pitch black already, maybe a rainstorm for us. I hope so, haven't watered in days, and we need it. very stinkin' hot today and high humidity too.

Anyone else mail today?
Old 09-02-2014, 03:51 PM

I'm going to be starting a new temporary job tomorrow. The other one I had only lasted 4 days. I hope this one lasts longer. This will really cut into my quilting time but I have to do it. Anyway, I won't be online as much but will check in before going to work and after. I hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

AAwwww, we'll miss you, but good luck at it.
Can't wait to see whats coming in in the
picture department.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Karen good luck with the new job. Pat your bookmarks look great. Now that you made a couple you can fussy cut some and really make nice ones that are themed to what a person wants.Well about a year ago my grandson Dylan said he was dropping out of high school. He had his senior year left to do. I told him if he stayed and finished I would try to get my g.e.d..Well I'm posting his senior class picture. I'm so proud of him.He did stay and graduated last may. Also tonight was my first pretesting class to get my G.E.D.. Took tests for 2 1/2 hrs. and still have a lot left to do on Thursday.It's been almost 50 yrs since I dropped out of high school my senior year. 2 phrases come to mind 1- You can't teach a old dog new tricks and 2 Your never to old to learn.......Guess i'll find out which is the truest. Good night everyone. Hugs Mary
Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Power Poster

Karen good luck on your new temp job.
Pat very pretty book marks.
Mary congratulations to your grandson, and you too!!!! You will be just fine. Don't get frustrated.
This morning I finished a bag to put my junk in. I started it last fall, and then ended up putting it aside. Now it is done for this fall. lol.. I will show a pic when I get time.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 AM

Mary congratulations to your grandson. Plus, we are so proud of you!!! You go girl!!!
I'm off to my new job. Everyone have a great day and I'll be back later.