Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 09-04-2014, 10:32 AM

Louise at least you still have YOUR job. They did that to me and took my job and gave it to a MAN and I had to work in another department. I wasn't there long after that as I had to take care of my mother so I moved to Ohio.

Karen I'm glad that you like your job.

It's another hot one today and I only did the 3 yard sales in my city. Got books and a few pieces of fabric. It's going to be 90 tomorrow but after that it's cooling down to the 70's. This weekend the Steam Engine is coming to the National Park. I hope to get more pics. This is the inside of the needlecase
Everyone have a great day
Attached Thumbnails needlecase-inside-001.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

Pat, so sorry about your job. isn't it amazing what they still to this day can get away with. disgusting. and they probably hired an assistant for him, b/c the work load was too much for a man. disgusting what they did to you.

I love hearing about weather reports from all over. Never realized how "HOT" it is in other parts, and you're not evenin the south.

Love that needlecase so much. it's so elegant looking with the cat, as you know, i'm half cat, half human, AND it's in hot pink, what could be better than pink???hot pink. absolutely gorgeous. fine craftsWOMANship.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

I just want to say, if I haven't already, that all of your are the greatest group of people. Everyone hug yourself for me and pat yourself on the back for excellent work!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 PM

I too think that we have a great group. It might get up to 90 tomorrow. It was 87 today. I thought that when I moved here it wouldn't be this hot. Wrong. Too humid. Since I've been breaking everything lately, now it's my garage door. It was giving me a hard time this week so I went out and bought a new battery for the opener and it was still not great and then I cancelled my home warranty appt as at least it would open and close. Tonight it won't close.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Pat, have a garage sale!!!!!!ha ha ha

you know i'm just kidding
Old 09-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Banned

Pat yeah I DO still have my job... there are only 4 people in the company
and that INCLUDES the owner.

He is going to expect me to take up the "slack" again until he hires someone.
But since it is HIS desire to keep me only as a part time employee, than I WON'T
be working the other 3 days a week that I am off (I only work Wed & Thur).

They always say that Karma sucks, and it WILL come back to bite him.

On that note all I can at this point is T.G.I.F. (thank goodness its Friday for me).
I have another 5 day weekend as usual MAYBE I can/will get some cleaning of
the sewing & fabric rooms done.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:12 PM

It's enough hot for awhile, wish we could turn off the switch, rained while we ran out to the airport and back to take our Ohio friends, sure hated to see them go, made her a set of placemats for their little cabin on a small lake they go to on Sundays to get away from the city...
Old 09-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Just checking in to say "HI" My second day on the job didn't go as well as the first. I realized that this old body doesn't like sitting at the computer for long periods of time. I'm going to have to get up more often and move around. They hired another girl to help with what I am doing. There is a lot to do and it will take both of us awhile to get things done. Unfortunately, she is a lot younger and faster than I am. I can type 61 wpm which is pretty darn good. When they gave her a typing test, she typed 75 wpm. I have NEVER met anyone who can type that fast. It put me to shame! But, that's OK. I work at my own pace and if the company doesn't like what I do, they can find someone else. How is everyone coming along with their pc's and nc's? I've been notified that 6 have been sent out already. Good job. Of course, Lynnie was the first as usual! I will be sending mine out of Saturday since that will be the first time I can get to the post office. I hope everyone has a good evening and good day tomorrow.

PEACE! [ATTACH=CONFIG]490328[/ATTACH]
Attached Images  

Last edited by klaws; 09-04-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

My partner should be getting her pc tomorrow.I get more excited when i give a gift than get one.
OH, I hope she likes it. I hope she gets it tomorrow. What if she doesn't like it, or expects something
different??/ what to do. Only a few more hours till she gets it. hope it's well rec'd.

have a great night all.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:16 PM

I have the fabric picked out and the pattern picked out for my pc, I just need Monday to come so I can sew! I work shift work and am on days this week, kids started school and we're re-doing the outside of our house. Hubby, the kids and I get home all within an hour of each other so I haven't had any time. However, Monday I go to second shift and the four of them will be out of the house and I'll be able to get something done in the morning!