Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 08-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

We have a great group started so far. Some new And some old and a bunch of good friends to start this swap off. I'm packed and ready. working on Nov's and Dec's now. And some extra goodies for both

Street fair was a bust. alot of services, insurance and churches there. got zeppolies (fried dough balls) and some fresh squeezed lemonade and a pumpsign and one that said "A spoiled rotten cat lives here" Our Zoey!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 AM

Well, I got both my mini quilt and doll quilts all done yesterday, so I don't really have an excuse not to join! I have never made a needle case before, but I am willing to try. Oh the poor soul that gets stuck with me I promise to try real hard......

I'll pm now.

~Teresa~
Old 08-24-2014, 10:28 AM

I so enjoy reading everyone's posts. Looking forward to getting to know the new ones and enjoying all of the old ones. Lynnie the needles are dropping and now all I have to do is be home to get them. I have been doing garage sales since May. At least 2 a month and sometimes more. Those living near Centralia WA I have fabric and lots of goodies great prices just way more than I can sew in my life time. Feel free to PM me. Working at getting my studio set up and with the unseasonable warm weather it is definitely a sweat shop. Sewed a new dress for myself and feel so much better having a new dress to wear today. No need to buy fabric I just go looking in bins for it.
I love purple and like Lynnie's idea of a purple chicken since I didn't do the August swap. Hmmm you think I can make a musical purple chicken pin cushion? Food for thought. Sewing is calling me so I got to go. Have a great day.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Welcome to all the newcomers. I think this is going to be a big group this time.

I just came back from the National Park and they have intensified their search. They have found some of her belongings on the Boston Trailhead and it's now closed. I did see a mounted patrol. This does not look good.

I remember when Sandy hit NYC and what a mess that was. It seemed like it took forever to get them any help.

It's still humid and going to be worse next week until Thursday.

Everyone have a great day
Old 08-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Welcome Teresa! So glad you could join us. Don't worry about not making a needlecase before. We have a lot of different skill levels here. To all of us, it's not the skill but the thought that goes into it.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Teresa!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:10 PM

Thanks ladies. I'll have to research how to do this, but I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:54 PM

Roserips, too bad you're over west...I'm on the other side of the state. We've had super hot weather here for most of the summer, but now it's finally feeling decent. Sorry to all you gals dealing with humidity. Yuk!

Lynnie, sounds like you made lemonade out of lemons, regards your street fair!

Tlambing, welcome...I haven't made a needlecase for a while myself...they pretty fun though and there are tons of ideas out there...
Old 08-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to all our new friends.You'll find we're a fun bunch and very non judgmental.
Just went to JA's with dh. got some fab for November and December. got my patterns, tried novs out b4, but had to redraw it. didn't like the original. Got some hot pink metallic stretchy stuff to make little girl, Zoey a new collar. she's been wearing 4th of July since Memorial day. she's o.k. in stars and stripes, but her favorite color is hot pink. And she looks great in it in her grey fur. Am almost done with my son's Asian quilt. will have Jeanne take a pic when it's done.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

Oh, don't worry, needle cases and pin cushions are really easy to make. just use your imagination or go to google and find a few. easy and fun to make. don't sweat it!!!