Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 08-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
can't wait to see pictures.
someone, show me a picture of anything!!!!
I'm picture deprived. Even fruits and veggies.
how about our new swappers with pics of their flowers.
Going into NYC tomorrow to visit with Dotty-dotcomdtcm.
going to city quilter. a big store for quilts. I'll let you know what i get.
I SO wish I could come and hang out with you two girls in NYC. Oh what a time we could have. I will be daydreaming about it all day. Give dotty a Big hug for me lynnie and tell her to give you one from me too.

Here is a couple pics from the diabetes golf tournament yesterday. It was a big success. The donations from the quilt board members and me came to $1.700.00! So we sent two kids to the camp buck! Isn't that great?
Attached Thumbnails p1010191.jpg   p1010194.jpg  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-25-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Love the pictures.Good to see others posting them.Thanks. Welcome back Louise. Lynnie have fun and tell Dotty Hi for me too. Wow lots of swappers signing up. Yeah Baby !!!Have a good day all.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 AM

Whoop Whoop!!! I am so excited!!! So far we have 15 swappers totaling 12 pc's and 8 nc's. That doesn't include me and Pat hasn't told me what she wanted to make yet. We still have 6 more days before signups end. I hope we get a lot more people. What a great month!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Wow, what a bummer. My cleaning lady decided to come 2 hrs later than she was supposed to. so I couldn't get into the city with Dotty. So frustrated and angry over it. Was really looking forward to it. Now I'm sitting hut...I don't know what to make. almost done with the Asian quilt. three more quick blocks to go. I think Charisma will quilt it. She always doe a nice job.

THanks Red for the pictures. Glad we raised alot of money. What sells the best. I need to start on something for next year. What do you want? How much to send 1 kid to camp. Let's try to do three next year. Give me an idea of what you'd like, I;ve got a whole year. and don't forget to remind me that you're collecting again.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

The purses and table runners do well as a smaller offering lynnie. Especially anything with golf fabric on it goes over big. I have a lap quilt I am working on for next year today, putting the borders on. I also have two quilt tops I will quilt this winter that I have bought the battings and backings for. I have to at least make a couple golf bags, the girls all fight over those and they bring in great money. Two of them went for a hundred dollars alone yesterday to the same lady.

I will make a couple kids/baby quilts too. I don't think any project would be a bad one really. It is a great group of people that host us at the golf courses and the players have come to enjoy bidding on our things.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 AM

Yesterday, 04:27 PM #52
Quilty-Louise your fabric is gorgeous I would love a pin cushion or needle book from it.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie my plans today got changed too. Hope you got some more fun things done.

Red, thanks for the pictures. Pretty place, and so happy to hear of what was raised.

Dwina, it sounds pretty where you live. I always wanted to visit Maine. We don't have the nice cool ocean breeze, but at night it usually cools off in the mountains where I live.

I am glad I have memories of different places. Growing up I lived in Chicago so I know city life. I am from Tn and lived here now most of my life. I have vacationed in Wisconsin with family when we lived in Chicago in my teens. I lived three years in Indianapolis. Vacationed a few times in Florida, and a couple of times in South Carolina. Visited Texas, and while there went across the border into Mexico. That was 16 years ago, no way now. Have memories at the beach at Lake Michigan when little. Other southern near by states especially Atlanta, Georgia (now I am parked right here in East TN. on my mountain) lol.....My husband has been to many countries as he was a professional trombone player. Now we are two sick puppies, but happy ones. lol...

Pat that snow looks so pretty right now with all of this humidity.

It's so so nice seeing new folks on here this month. We have so much fun.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:01 PM

Default Studio

The reason why I have been so busy I have been working at cleaning up and putting to use. Lynnie here are some pictures just for you. As you see I have a very messy sewing studio which I share with my BFF and 2 granddaughters we all have our assigned sewing tables and work areas, of course I kind of flow out onto everything. (need to work on that) but this is my sweat shop and I love it and have been enjoying sewing and working here. The first picture is taken of the house looking out the studio window. Just last week the yard was covered in thistles and black berry bushes. Lots more work to do here but I will enjoy the process. Mean while I can use and enjoy my studio.
Attached Thumbnails house-08-25-14.jpg   studio1-8-25-14.jpg   studio2-8-25-14.jpg   studio3-8-25-14.jpg   studio4-8-25-14.jpg  

studio5-8-25-14.jpg  
Old 08-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Roserips I really like your place. Both your house, and your big sewing studio. I can see all of you having so much fun in there. It's nice to see where you live. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Wow, studio?!?! more like a sewing house.!. I love it. all that room to spread out in and areas for sewing and ironing and laying out. What a studio! Quilt blocks on walls, and even room for a fridge and coffee pot!. My goodness. You are one lucky lady!. I wish I had that room, then I wouldn't have to overflow into the living room. And still more room to have a laptop and room to share!!!. Thank you for the beautiful pictures. I love seeing where people live, and what it's like. I love watching house hunters and the international show too. It's very interesting. I know I couldn't live in Paris. way tooooooo small for me. thanks for the pics.