Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    well I fianlyl made it to the post office today...Yesterday as dd was leaving to go to Illinois she got a flat tire and that took up most of my afternoon with trying to get taht fixed...and needless to say the tire needs to be replaced...but SP if you read back....I bet you can figure out who are ...as I have read you have been out of town! I hope you like what you get....

My SP has hers...or it is waiting at her house...been there since the 13th. I hope she is ok
    Vicki W

Thanks to Marytoddliz for a super package. Lots of pretty fabric, including some shamrocks. Workbasket patterns, how many years ago did i subscribe to "Workbasket"? A little utility box, pad, magazines, and, for my monthly quilt group meeting, a denim tote bag and place mat. Yes, we do lunch. My DH was fascinated with all the inside pockets on the tote. As I was packing for a trip, I grabbed the chocolate for my purse. Thank you soooo much!
    My sp should have received hers Monday am, but I haven't heatrd from her yet. Hello!!!!!!

Hey, anyone ever given fresh homemade bread in their package? I think I've seen people send banana bread, but what about just plain fresh bread...? ok so it's not exactly FRESH when they get it 2-3 days later.. But it's still homemade... I ask cause I'm back into baking mode and I have a loaf of bread going right now, probably make another one tomorrow.. I always have the stuff for bread of some type or another. Since I don't can....and I don't have a garden.. or lobsters.. or things like that... well I could send parts of that ginormous chocolate cake in my freezer if there's still some next month.. which I'm sure there will be. I love to bake stuff... I just don't want to be the one to EAT it all...Ya'll getting some baked goods next month.. in probably various states of squished by the time they arrive.. but that's what you're getting.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Anastasia -
    I would love to be your SP next month and get some home made bread. I can already smell it baking and see the butter melting....must stop.

A note to my second SP - your package went out yesterday and I got you the one thing you didn't want....but I think you really did want it. Here are a couple of hints - it is going to a New state and Park is included somewhere in the address. You should have it on Monday....can't wait to see if you like it!

My other SPs package was going over the water....I hope it makes to her in one piece. Sent it on the 10th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Krystyna - I will take some pics tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Blog Entries
    Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

According to USPS my sp should get her box today, it says "out for delivery"

Come mail carrier get it delivered already so she can open it.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

According to USPS my sp should get her box today, it says "out for delivery"

Come mail carrier get it delivered already so she can open it.
    You sent an amazing box thank you thank you thank you. I love it all. How did you know that Quilters World is my favorite quilters magazine but haven't been able to afford it lately. You had me in tears and thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Ana, I will be "firing" up the kitchen aid mixer when it cools
    down again enough to turn the oven on and making Parker
    House dinner rolls again, french bread mini rolls, soft pretzels
    and other baked goods (at least I WANT to make them this year).
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you like what I sent to you.

Well I DIDN'T know that QW was your favorite magazine
    I just know that it is mine and I get BOTH print and digital
    versions of the magazine. Since I have EVERY digital copy
    going back to Feb 2006 I figured it wouldn't hurt for me to
    start sharing the print issues in my SP boxes.

Just hope you didn't get an overload of "green".

LOL

Enjoy the goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    You sent an amazing box thank you thank you thank you. I love it all. How did you know that Quilters World is my favorite quilters magazine but haven't been able to afford it lately. You had me in tears and thank you

You can never overload me on the color green...thanks for the sugar free candy also. I really needed it today since my hubby has been eating oreos and french bread next to me all day
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Well I received my second box of goodies today from joejoe31 and it was AWESOME!!! Let me say that I love the goodies that I get every month from each of you; however; Jessica (joejoe) has been very sick and going through quite a bit, so this package that was so thoughtful was even more special. Thank you again for everything and now ya'll can enjoy the pictures
    Name:  006 (640x480).jpg
Views: 198
Size:  241.0 KB
    Smarties, treats for Daisy, vacuum seal bag, sulky thread, embroidery thread, tape measure, postcard
    Name:  007 (640x480).jpg
Views: 199
Size:  242.4 KB
    2 Huge books of scrapbook ideas and stickers and embellishments
    Name:  008 (640x480).jpg
Views: 163
Size:  225.2 KB
    several patterns from JoAnns, a CD with quilt patterns and nice gel pens
    Name:  009 (640x480).jpg
Views: 198
Size:  220.4 KB
    2 new quilt magazines that I don't have yet and some very pretty fat quarters
    Name:  010 (640x480).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  216.2 KB
    adorable sewing machine pin cushion
    Name:  012 (640x480).jpg
Views: 160
Size:  315.0 KB
    GORGEOUS multi yards of fabric-pics don't them justice...the paisley has glitter through it and the fall colors in it are stunning.. Thanks again Jess....HUGE HUGS!!
    Brenda

What a lucky lady you are Brenda.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

That pincushion is too stinkin cute

Went to JoAnn's today to buy materials for a Craftsy online class I signed up for with Lola Jenkins. I like small art type quilts. I figure long about April 2013 or 2014, I'll be ready to do the class. lol. I just had to use my 20% off of everything (incl sale items) coupon that was expiring today, so I'm all set, no matter when I begin the class. I needed Fabric Medium to set the colors from the colored pencils and several other items I had never used before. What fun. Then on the way home, I braked for a yard sale because I saw an antique sewing machine. It was a bit weathered, but was in a cabinet and the decals were fully intact. It was $50. No, I did not buy it - no place to keep it and no time to clean it up and sell it, but I sure wanted to!!! Today was shopping, tomorrow is hiking at Pebble Beach and Carmel. Weekends go fast!!!!! And tonight I MUST get crocheting on my baby afghan order before the baby arrives. Let's hope she does not deliver early.. Hope everyone here is having a great weekend, too.

Krystyna - Would you please post another photo of the fabric you are looking for? I cannot find your original post or your website address. I found some very pretty bridal veil fabric from Bridal Impressions called Ivory Heather and also White Heather, but I don't think that is what you wanted. It was $24.00 per yard, on special for $10.99 per yard and I had a 20% off coupon. Wish I had been able to contact you while I was at the store. And dumb dumb me forgot to take my camera, so I can't even show you what it looked like.
    Last edited by SharonAnne; 09-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Brenda - That sewing machine pin cushion is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!! Very creative... Lucky lady, you are (in Yoda speak).
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

I'm beginning to feel like the red-headed step child. No packages today. Nada, nothing, tears beginning to well up. Now it's another wait until Monday.....
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    So many yummy packages. I can't wait until I get mine! I have been cleaning my sewing room and now I have a backache. That is what I get for having old heavy machines. I'll bet that Morse 3400 weighs 35-40 pounds. Oh the other hand......maybe I'm just getting old. At least in a few more days, I will have my sewing/painting/guest room organized. I'd hate to have someone down for a visit and lose them in that mess. I couldn't hold off cleaning one more day. Just found the original post when I first got that Morse and it weighs 44 pounds! No wonder I love my featherweight!
    Last edited by fayzer; 09-15-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh miss Kathleen... you just need to patient.. it will come I promise!

LOVE THE SEWziNG MACHINE pincushion!!!!!
    Hey everyone... i want you all to know hopw special you truely are.... i didn't sign up for sept.sp . Just have toany things on my plate since my hubby passed away in may. Few things had to be set aside. However.... i DID receive a very special Sept. SP box. IT was jammed with lots of goodies, and IT REALLY brighten my day. RAK are very meaningful.... I won't ever forget all of you who sent me many cards, and treasures of support. I just wanted to tell everyone going that extra mile for someone you don't know is very special.... God bless all of you. I plan on doing the oct. sp.... miss the fun of the whole sp activity!!!!! You know who you are that sent me the box and i am very touched by your efforts.....
    catsnquiltsgotogether

I have sent my package out. It is traveling a L-O-N-G way. Everyone is getting such awesome packages. We sure are a generous and talented bunch! Lol. I have been busy sewing baby things, clothes for my 21 and 25 year old daughters and mug rugs. I hope to work on a quilt tomorrow. I'm thankful that the weather is cooling down. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the bite in the air, all the colors and the amazing smells.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Blog Entries
    There are still 29 who have not mailed or have not told me that they have.

Tee hee.. I got to pop the cap on Missus Fear's feedback and be her first. Don't forget your feedbacks peoples

Brenda what an awesome package. And I love love love that pin cushion. I sort of collect pincushions and this is one I would love to have. All the packages are amazing.
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Hey, anyone ever given fresh homemade bread in their package? I think I've seen people send banana bread, but what about just plain fresh bread...? ok so it's not exactly FRESH when they get it 2-3 days later.. But it's still homemade... I ask cause I'm back into baking mode and I have a loaf of bread going right now, probably make another one tomorrow.. I always have the stuff for bread of some type or another. Since I don't can....and I don't have a garden.. or lobsters.. or things like that... well I could send parts of that ginormous chocolate
    cake in my freezer if there's still some next month.. which I'm sure there will be. I love to bake stuff... I just don't want to be the one to EAT it all...Ya'll getting some baked goods next month.. in probably various states of squished by the time they arrive.. but that's what you're getting.
    Oh I hope you get me next month. Fresh homemade bread sounds and smells amazing. Yes I can smell it already. Lol. Lori pick me pick me (in Donkey's voice from Shrek...lol)
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

I didn't post when I mailed my packages, but they are on the way so for some that haven't got theirs yet never fear they are a comin'
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast