Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1005

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

  1. #976
    Junior Member joejoe31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    154
    Ok still no package for September which by now Iam sure this thread is closed ...no matter going in the hospital and i really hope everyone has a wonderful October. Ill be sending out my sp for october although I hope I can see the feedback when it arrives. God bless all of you and see you soon I hope.Jess

  2. #977
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    23
    Be well, Jess. We'll be thinking of you. I hope your package comes soon.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  3. #978
    Senior Member Juli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    503
    I am still waiting on two for Sept.


    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe31 View Post
    Ok still no package for September which by now Iam sure this thread is closed ...no matter going in the hospital and i really hope everyone has a wonderful October. Ill be sending out my sp for october although I hope I can see the feedback when it arrives. God bless all of you and see you soon I hope.Jess
    JULI

  4. #979
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    I am still waiting on two for Sept.
    Keeping you company on the bench, Juli. Today is as postal holiday ... so ... maybe tomorrow!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  5. #980
    Senior Member Juli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    503
    Thank you! Am I the only one who is still on it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Keeping you company on the bench, Juli. Today is as postal holiday ... so ... maybe tomorrow!
    JULI

  6. #981
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    23
    Jess is also waiting.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  7. #982
    Super Member wanda lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the country in Ohio
    Posts
    4,350
    Jess and Juli I am keeping you both company, I hope you get your packages soon.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

  8. #983
    Senior Member Juli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    503
    We should have had them long ago! I hope both of you get yours soon too. I didn't do the swap this month, right now, I am not sure if I want to do next month's either.


    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    Jess and Juli I am keeping you both company, I hope you get your packages soon.
    JULI

  9. #984
    Super Member buslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thumb of Michigan
    Posts
    2,257
    Blog Entries
    7
    That is too bad, Juli, that this may have spoiled it for you!! I thinnk this is the first time I have seen this many "no shows" in a month! I hope you will try again, soon, though; as most of us follow through with our committments. I have found so often that there are bad apples in every group. You throw out the bad and enjoy the rest!!!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

  10. #985
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    23
    Seriously, what are the odds that someone with TWO sp's doesn't receive from either of them? I do hope that Lori sticks to her rules and bans them.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  11. #986
    Super Member Vanogay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Seriously, what are the odds that someone with TWO sp's doesn't receive from either of them? I do hope that Lori sticks to her rules and bans them.
    Unless there are some real extenuating circumstances, I agree with you Krystyna, they need to be banned - what happens on the next swap they sign up for?? lots of gettin' and no givin' Not fair at all.
    Kathleen

    Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

  12. #987
    Super Member wanda lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the country in Ohio
    Posts
    4,350
    I agree with K and V.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

  13. #988
    Super Member TOOMANYUFO'S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,036
    I know how it feels. I had to have an angel send me a pkg. I can understand if someone becomes very ill, but if people get a sp gift and do not send one and there aren't any reasons, I think that is terrible.

  14. #989
    Super Member Lori Peercy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,873
    Blog Entries
    1
    OK I have to explain that wenot from the Netherlands is the person who has the last three who are waiting. She asked for 3 this month. She mailed on Sept 10th. So it is no ones fault really, she mailed on time, it is because of the postal system. Sorry i had to give the secret away. Lori

  15. #990
    Super Member TOOMANYUFO'S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,036
    Very happy for you! Wow! you are getting a pkg from the Netherlands, that's worth the wait. The postal service isn't always fast and with all of the cut backs it will probably get slower. In Maine, we have been told that items that were to stay in state would go from 1 day to 2days for delivery.

  16. #991
    Senior Member Juli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    503
    Well, the main reason I didn't do the October swap, I have been very sick since Aug. On August 25th, I had a grand mal seizure and ever since I am still have been having double vision and constant migraines. I had to be taken to the hospital in Sept and be treated for the migraine and at the same time was treated for dehydration. I was down yesterday with a migraine and was so dizzy, my balance was so off, my Dad had to help me walk to get sitting down so I didn't fall over.

    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    That is too bad, Juli, that this may have spoiled it for you!! I thinnk this is the first time I have seen this many "no shows" in a month! I hope you will try again, soon, though; as most of us follow through with our committments. I have found so often that there are bad apples in every group. You throw out the bad and enjoy the rest!!!!
    JULI

  17. #992
    Super Member buslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thumb of Michigan
    Posts
    2,257
    Blog Entries
    7
    Oh, my!! I am so sorry to hear that you are ill!! Though, glad it was not the late pkgs that caused you to not sign up. I hope you get feeling better very soon. Are you subject to seizures? Or was this a (hopefully) one time thing? In my job we deal with a lot of people that have seizures. They are not something I would wish on anyone!! Grand Mal is the worst! Take care of yourself.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

  18. #993
    Super Member greenini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    1,552
    Blog Entries
    16
    Juli, I'm so sorry you have so much bad health to deal with. It's truly a trial. I've been just dizzy this past winter and wouldn't wish it on anyone and the seizures must be just plain awful. I'm glad your dad is there to help and know that must be a comfort. Hugs

  19. #994
    Super Member wanda lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the country in Ohio
    Posts
    4,350
    Juli how did your last Doctor appt go? you are still in my prayers.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

  20. #995
    Senior Member Juli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    503
    Yeah this seizure was this time, I was consious while I went through it.


    Quote Originally Posted by greenini View Post
    Juli, I'm so sorry you have so much bad health to deal with. It's truly a trial. I've been just dizzy this past winter and wouldn't wish it on anyone and the seizures must be just plain awful. I'm glad your dad is there to help and know that must be a comfort. Hugs
    JULI

  21. #996
    Senior Member Juli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    503
    same appt as usual, came in 15 minutes early like they asked, took them over an hour past my appt time to get me back there. First thing the Doctor says to me when he walked in was how beat he was from being on the call the night before. Let me tell you something, I don't know how he could possibly be that tired. I had to call in once after hours and he happened to be on call he made me go to eye Doctor that night at 7:30 pm, he passes on anybody's problem on to someone else. How could he possibly be that tired?? I don't know, maybe repeatedly opening his mouth and saying: call someone else, exhaustes him somehow. HMMMMM! I don't know!! Plus he just got off three weeks vacation, worked one day and then was off for another three days!! I want the life of a Doctor!!! LOL!! This appt was basically went over the same has stuff as last time, he increased my imitrex dosage, since the other Doc on call, while he was on his vacation, gave me a children's dosage of the medication, because this Doctor happens to be the Neurologist who only treats children! No wonder it wasn't working very well for me! He has gave me a few samples of another medication that I can take with the imitex that you mix in 2-4 tablespoons of water called cambia and it does seem to help some when I do take it with one.

    Okay, I have a headache now, I wrote the same time I was banging my head on the wall! I can't stand having to deal with my Neurologist's office.

    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    Juli how did your last Doctor appt go? you are still in my prayers.
    JULI

  22. #997
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    54
    Well ladies, I was one of the evil, horrible, terrible people who was late sending out my sp package.

    I am sorry it was late but I have been dealing with a suicidal family member in my house for the past month. I am still extremely worried about the situation. And then my husband was in the hospital for a week.

    My package had been sitting on my sewing table for weeks and I just didn't make it to the post office.

    I did mail it to Juli last friday.

    Based on usps tracking, it was received on Tuesday.

    I hope she liked it as I haven't heard from Juli and she hasn't mentioned it in her posts on here since Tuesday.

    Anyway, so now my business is out in the open.

  23. #998
    Super Member wanda lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the country in Ohio
    Posts
    4,350
    Juli have you tried Imitrex sub q a small injection or the nasal spray, it works much faster. talk to your Dr about it. you inject it yourself at home.
    Saving you from a trip to the ED. feel better soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    same appt as usual, came in 15 minutes early like they asked, took them over an hour past my appt time to get me back there. First thing the Doctor says to me when he walked in was how beat he was from being on the call the night before. Let me tell you something, I don't know how he could possibly be that tired. I had to call in once after hours and he happened to be on call he made me go to eye Doctor that night at 7:30 pm, he passes on anybody's problem on to someone else. How could he possibly be that tired?? I don't know, maybe repeatedly opening his mouth and saying: call someone else, exhaustes him somehow. HMMMMM! I don't know!! Plus he just got off three weeks vacation, worked one day and then was off for another three days!! I want the life of a Doctor!!! LOL!! This appt was basically went over the same has stuff as last time, he increased my imitrex dosage, since the other Doc on call, while he was on his vacation, gave me a children's dosage of the medication, because this Doctor happens to be the Neurologist who only treats children! No wonder it wasn't working very well for me! He has gave me a few samples of another medication that I can take with the imitex that you mix in 2-4 tablespoons of water called cambia and it does seem to help some when I do take it with one.

    Okay, I have a headache now, I wrote the same time I was banging my head on the wall! I can't stand having to deal with my Neurologist's office.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

  24. #999
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,838
    Blog Entries
    23
    Areinn, I am so sorry to hear about your trials. I hope things smooth out soon.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  25. #1000
    Super Member greenini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    1,552
    Blog Entries
    16
    Areinn I hope things settle down for you at your house and your family members are ok. Most of us understand family emergencies, you could have pm'ed Lori privately or even just said it was a family emergency if you didn't want to discuss it online. But i hope your hubby is better now and that you get all the help you need, hugs

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.