Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign-Ups: Closes August 31 at midnight. Come enjoy the fun! >

September Secret Pal Sign-Ups: Closes August 31 at midnight. Come enjoy the fun!

September Secret Pal Sign-Ups: Closes August 31 at midnight. Come enjoy the fun!

Old 09-01-2022, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Alright amazing swappers everyone should have received their assigned partner. We had a really good turn out and this month should be lots of fun. Please let me know asap if you did not receive an assigned pal or if there is a problem. Thank you. Annaquilts
Old 09-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Smile

It appears, I am the first one to receive my secret pal package this month and what a package it was. This time I was the recipient from Beaverhead Treasures. She send a very large bundle of civil war fabrics and a flag panel. There was a beautiful pattern with a Civil War historical fiction printed on it, can't wait to read it. A cute button that says," I fondle fabric!" It made me chuckle. A kind note accompanied it all. Alisa, I love all the fabrics and pattern you send. Thank you for everything. I don't know how you pulled that off so fast. As for my secret pal, some of your items came in today and I am well under way getting your package together.
Attached Thumbnails 20220906_131101_resized.jpg  
Old 09-07-2022, 07:55 AM

I'm waiting on somethings to come in before sending my package out.

Anna Quilts that's a wonderful box that you received.

Jennifer
"Goatmom"
Old 09-12-2022, 06:34 AM

Good Morning,
My items have not shown up. So I ran to my local shop on Saturday. My package is going into the mail today. Secret Pal should have it by the end of the week.

Jennifer George
"Goatmom"
Old 09-12-2022, 11:46 AM

Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

My mom is getting weaker by the day but in zero pain. The cancer has eaten her entire chest wall (visible on the exerior) and is on her back and growing up her neck and on the back of her head. Her lungs and brain are full of tumors. She can talk and has a wicked sense of humor. Her cognitive is slipping and she calls us all by different names but knows who we are even when her brain says otherwise.

My brother came from Buffalo, NY and spent last week with her. She told us three kids she is done here and will not be here in a week.
This is tough but I know it is for a season.

Thank you Anna for holding the fort down. It is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails 20220906_173037.jpg  
Old 09-12-2022, 02:09 PM

So sorry Hav4boys. I lost my step-sister to lung cancer in April. She also had a wicked sense of humor till the end. I guess there is a different sense of peace when you know the person inside is still the same no matter what. It is an inspiration. Beautiful photo of your mom. Hugs.

FWIW, my package went out, I was also waiting for something to come in, I was a day late, mailed on the 9th, but it was worth waiting for the item requested ;-) Hugs again to my pals here.
Old 09-13-2022, 05:02 AM

Kathy, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer
"Goatmom"
Old 09-18-2022, 06:38 AM

Default My Package Arrived

I received yesterday a wonderful package from Gaijin. It had a lot of wonderful fall fabrics, books, treats for my cats, a marking chalk pin, pins, needles, a lovely bar of soap and Werther's caramels. Everything is something that I can and will used. Oh, also a lovely note from her.

Thank you!

Jennifer George
"Goatmom"
Attached Thumbnails sept-secret-pal.jpg  
Old 09-18-2022, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Such a fun package Goatmom. I can't believe it but a couple more days and it will be fall. Your fabrics came just in time to start a fun project. I anticipate hearing from more of you over the next coming weeks as several people contacted me that they send their packages out. I myself have one more item, took awhile to get here, to add and it will go out also.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:09 PM

[img]P1040623.JPG[/img]i received my package from Caroline Pajac. I cannot get picture to add so everyone can see what I got. I want to thank you Caroline everything is beautiful. I have never done needle punch but will buy needle and try the kit you sent. here is a list of items: Strata Star Pattern punch needle kit Ornament or can use as a pin,enbroidery thread also buttons needle threader pack of pins embroidery kit I love it, small scissors clips and some fabrics. Thank you so much Caroline. You did a great job selecting items for me.