Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Swap closes August 31st 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Swap closes August 31st 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Swap closes August 31st 4pm CST

Old 09-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Amazing packages coming in!
Old 09-10-2014, 03:52 PM

I got my package today from SSnare! Thank you for the goodies, the little bag is awesome and had some great fabrics inside! I also got Ice Tea packets a chai tea packet (love this iced too!). A thread catcher, small scissors I can put on my keychain some nice little scraps and a magazine :0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]491072[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails secretpalgoodies.jpg  

Last edited by reeskylr; 09-10-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Add pic.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:10 PM

Nice packages everyone is receiving! SP, I feel so bad, I have always mailed before now so you didn't have to wait. The same day I got your name I ordered your most wanted item, it still is not here for me to send it on. I'm going to give it until Saturday then I will mail your special box whether it is here or not. I'm so sorry you are waiting so long.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 PM

Hi all! I think I have had my swap partner once before because when I read her name I knew where she lived! I am making something special this time because I have to take a break from this swap for at least a few months. I am moving back to the States to help care for my elderly parents. My father is on dialysis and still manages to injure himself at least once a year doing dangerous things. I worry too much about the winter weather and my mother needs a break.
My husband is preparing things for the mover and even though we have a few more months, my sewing room is the only place left. He offered to pack my fabric and I almost had a stroke! His idea of packing quilting supplies is to layer fabric, linens, and clothing in the same box!
So this month I am making a intricate table runner for some lucky partner!

Take care all,

Gaijin
Old 09-11-2014, 03:21 AM

Wonderful pkgs being received! SP I haven't forgotten you! On that note I received a small envelope with SNOOPY Christmas stickers inside! I wonder if its from my SP? Hmm...I took the day off yesterday since my MS got me really fatigued and glad I stayed home to get some much needed rest. We're going through some changes here at work plus the stress of the job and the heat outside as well. I keep myself hydrated but this year for some reason has been the hottest with the humidity level that is unbearable. SP I should be able to send out your pkg. in a few days.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:28 AM

Sorry to hear about your father Gaijin, especially after last year. Hope you can still drop by the thread!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 AM

well both of my packages were delivered on the 8th I do believe and haven't heard anything from either one.
Catjo are you okay, haven't seen you on here in awhile.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:23 AM

I am going to go write a note and head to the post office. The package I am sending is small, but I really hope she likes it as I managed to stretch the budget to get both items on her most wanted list, and I need to keep the package light.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 PM

My SP's package was mailed yesterday by hubby. It is going southwest of me, but not too far. Your favorite color is one I also like. You have 2 fur babies, you have allergies, and you don't like floral fabrics. That is all my clues.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:02 PM

Gaijin, sorry to hear about your Dad. I know that is hard! You have a thoughtful hubby though

SP -- Your package was mailed. It is headed out West. It seems to me there was an old western made in that state. Hmm...was it Rifleman? or The Virginian? We'll have to wait and see!

I also found this cute little Priority box. I may have to order some of those shipping supplies off the USPS site now!