Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akweiland View Post
    I got a lovely bunch of gifts from dotcomdtcm. I love the chocolate, the shot glass, the fabric and the flower pins plus the lovely card. Thank you Dotty!

Attachment 435477
    don't forget to let your hostess (me) know when you receive by sending a message

Sent SP her package today. You should have it Sat. or Mon.

Lori,

I sent you a pm and you replied back to me 9-11 at 7:07 pm. I love this swap and don't want to get kicked out. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    don't forget to let your hostess (me) know when you receive by sending a message

Me three! Hope it comes today - it's my birthday and DH has flown to the Netherlands and will be back too late to take me to dinner.
    DD is taking me to lunch though and I know she's got me vouchers for my LQS .
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Knitette!!!!!!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Hope you have a great Birthday Knitette!

Wonderful packages coming in. And I'm joining that group with a fabulous package from Sue - QuiltyMom. I know I'm going to forgot to list some of the items since there were so many. Two half yards of fabrics with gorgous butterflies, two pattern, a ruler, machine oil (how did you know I was almost out?), needles, a butterfly dangly (really pretty), a book by a new-to-me author, microfibre cloth, notebook, a plant worm, cat toys (my kitten loves the one I've put together!), and two absolute favourites -- a Mounds bar and a lovely fall tablerunner. I have to say that woman knows how to stuff a Priority envelope. Thank you so very much.
    Name:  Sept SP rec1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  274.2 KB
    Name:  tablerunner.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  119.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
    The Seam-Fix are hard to come by because they work so well. As soon as they came into my favorite LQS they were gone and I just never seemed to be get there at the right time to get one. So far JoAnn's in
    our area hasn't carried them.
    Amazon carries them -- I've also found sets of three on E-Bay for a good price. When Knitette posted about hers I requested one in a swap, loved it so much, I ordered a pack of three to give away. They are fabulous.
    Edited to add: I just discovered than Nancy's Notions has a set of three on sale for $14.99 -- that is a great price, better than I found on E-Bay.
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 09-13-2013 at 05:02 AM.

My pkg did make it mailed on time...WOOHOOO.. You should receive it by Monday or Tues. It says 2 Day Priority, but that's usually just an idea of when you should receive it. It's going East and a little South. You have 3 puppies, spoiled to no end..LOLO I tried to cover a fabric wish, sorry didn't get to get puppy things, but I think you'll be happy with what I sent you..

Jean

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akweiland View Post
    Lori,

I sent you a pm and you replied back to me 9-11 at 7:07 pm. I love this swap and don't want to get kicked out. Lol.
    I am so sorry, you are right you did let me know. That taught me an important lesson, read the pm's BEFORE you read the thread! Again, sorry. Lori

Quote Originally Posted by madbury View Post
    Monstookie - is that blueberry fabric? I love it!!
    Yes...I believe they are little blueberries....laugh...I think I thought they were tomatos at first....silly me. either way the fabric is cute.

annt59...I love love love those little red work kitties.....!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
    Attachment 435545

Quilty-Louise, so sorry you had to search so hard for my most wanted item but you FOUND it!....and I'm delighted. I do rip a LOT and it's such a pain to remove all those teeny, weeny threads. I thank you a thousand times over! How did you know my small sewing scissors were on there last legs....So needed these. The little beeswax container is SO much handier for my portable projects than the huge bar I carry with me. Lovely fabric but especially the soft, yellow print...that shade is so hard to find and it's my all time favorite. You made my day. Thank you !

Wonnie

I have one of those rippers and I absolutely love it! I would recommend it to anyone.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
    Attachment 435475 What an amazing box I received from sewnsewer2! Christmas came early! I don't know where to start, but here goes! Loads of large yardage of Xmas prints, tons of lovely patterns that I can't wait to start, some templates, magnetic purse snaps, a set of 5" blocks, Olfa blade and replacements, lotion bar, tape measure, dry erase calendar board, mini business card tool kit, tiger tape, (started piecing this week, wish I knew about this stuff before!) clover makers, and some runts! I feel blessed and so inspired! My daughter who's 2 1/2 went through the box and all the fabric with me and had a blast. She's learning her colors so it was really cute! Thank you thank you!
    What is the Tiger Tape?
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Everyone's packages are awesome. I am sitting on the bench waiting patiently for my package. I thought Grandma Peg had me but one of her clues ruled me out. I haven't seen any since that is a possibility. So I sit and watch a humming bird fly around. Post Lady has come and gone today and nothing today. Maybe tomorrow. Anyone else can join my bench, bring a drink for us. )
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

I received a wonderful package from Ladybug1938 yesterday!! She packed up that box full to the brim with some good stuff! I'm a happy girl. Lets see.....quilting magazines, some Joanne patterns, a 2014 calendar, notecards, 3 books, small notions organizer, 6 lovely fabrics, homemade flower pin cushion, homemade tissue holder, a lovely homemade fall table runner, hand lotion, and not pictured twizzlers, rolos, and forgot to add to the pic. a lovely owl pin cushion. Thank you soooo much Rosemary, I love it all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sylvia

Catjo I'll bring Pepsi And we can watch our humming bird . I love sit and watch them.

Power Poster
    Received my wonderful package from quiltymom today. Thanks so much Sue, for the beautiful fall tablerunner, the patterns, the counted cross stitch pattern that says "We'll always be best friends ... you know too much!" (so true), a notebook that says Frienship Needs No Reason, Care and Repair Fabric Glue, peanut m&m's (they are not on the photo as I ate them, sorry), a cute bag that folds up so you can put it in your purse when you go shopping, and some pretty purple and pink fabric. This swap is just so much fun, thanks Sue and Lori!!
    Name:  Sept. SP 2013 001 (Small).jpg
Views: 138
Size:  47.4 KBName:  Sept. SP 2013 002 (Small).jpg
Views: 134
Size:  53.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by catjo View Post
    What is the Tiger Tape?
    This explains it better than I can LOL.
    http://www.sewfancy.com/tiger-tape.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
    Catjo I'll bring Pepsi And we can watch our humming bird . I love sit and watch them.
    I'm sitting on that bench too, but that's ok with me, I am patient, besides, it'll be closer to my birthday when I get it

Blog Entries
    To early to be on the bench although we are in Florida and the bottom of the USA so things seem to take longer to get to us... CA is a bit far from us, not into Pepsi so will bring some fresh brewed Ice Tea and mad Pizza from scratch tonight so have some left over, should I bring that???
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
    I got my package from Verna but I don't know her board name to PM her...................

I got 8 different pieces of fabric........a small clip board.......a note pad ..........calendar.............JoAnn patterns...........Quilting Quickly Magazine..........Green thread.......hand lotions and believe it or not...........a cleaning cloth............now tell me who here cleans.............LOL............

I love everything .........Thank you Verna.........

so sorry I keep forgetting to put in a card. Glad you liked everything.
    verna2197
    I collect Seraphim Angels

I received my package on Monday from nancyw, really like everything in it. I am sorry it has taken me so long to say anything but I have been out of state. I actually left Monday morning before the mail ran. I will post pics tomorrow as I am awfully tired. Again Thank you nancyw.

verna2197
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    To early to be on the bench although we are in Florida and the bottom of the USA so things seem to take longer to get to us... CA is a bit far from us, not into Pepsi so will bring some fresh brewed Ice Tea and mad Pizza from scratch tonight so have some left over, should I bring that???
    Pizza, yum!! Hold the pepproni tho, I can't eat it. Can't spell it either!

Hi Ladies! Mailed my sp her pkg today, she will have it on Monday! Would love to join you ladies on the bench to watch the hummingbirds and eat pizza. (although it's too early the mailing deadline was just today)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast