Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm >

September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

Old 09-13-2013, 04:40 AM

Hope you have a great Birthday Knitette!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 AM

Wonderful packages coming in. And I'm joining that group with a fabulous package from Sue - QuiltyMom. I know I'm going to forgot to list some of the items since there were so many. Two half yards of fabrics with gorgous butterflies, two pattern, a ruler, machine oil (how did you know I was almost out?), needles, a butterfly dangly (really pretty), a book by a new-to-me author, microfibre cloth, notebook, a plant worm, cat toys (my kitten loves the one I've put together!), and two absolute favourites -- a Mounds bar and a lovely fall tablerunner. I have to say that woman knows how to stuff a Priority envelope. Thank you so very much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435690[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435691[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sept-sp-rec1.jpg   tablerunner.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
The Seam-Fix are hard to come by because they work so well. As soon as they came into my favorite LQS they were gone and I just never seemed to be get there at the right time to get one. So far JoAnn's in
our area hasn't carried them.
Amazon carries them -- I've also found sets of three on E-Bay for a good price. When Knitette posted about hers I requested one in a swap, loved it so much, I ordered a pack of three to give away. They are fabulous.
Edited to add: I just discovered than Nancy's Notions has a set of three on sale for $14.99 -- that is a great price, better than I found on E-Bay.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 09-13-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 AM

My pkg did make it mailed on time...WOOHOOO.. You should receive it by Monday or Tues. It says 2 Day Priority, but that's usually just an idea of when you should receive it. It's going East and a little South. You have 3 puppies, spoiled to no end..LOLO I tried to cover a fabric wish, sorry didn't get to get puppy things, but I think you'll be happy with what I sent you..

Jean
Old 09-13-2013, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Akweiland View Post
Lori,

I sent you a pm and you replied back to me 9-11 at 7:07 pm. I love this swap and don't want to get kicked out. Lol.
I am so sorry, you are right you did let me know. That taught me an important lesson, read the pm's BEFORE you read the thread! Again, sorry. Lori
Old 09-13-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by madbury View Post
Monstookie - is that blueberry fabric? I love it!!
Yes...I believe they are little blueberries....laugh...I think I thought they were tomatos at first....silly me. either way the fabric is cute.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM

annt59...I love love love those little red work kitties.....!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435545[/ATTACH]

Quilty-Louise, so sorry you had to search so hard for my most wanted item but you FOUND it!....and I'm delighted. I do rip a LOT and it's such a pain to remove all those teeny, weeny threads. I thank you a thousand times over! How did you know my small sewing scissors were on there last legs....So needed these. The little beeswax container is SO much handier for my portable projects than the huge bar I carry with me. Lovely fabric but especially the soft, yellow print...that shade is so hard to find and it's my all time favorite. You made my day. Thank you !

Wonnie

I have one of those rippers and I absolutely love it! I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435475[/ATTACH] What an amazing box I received from sewnsewer2! Christmas came early! I don't know where to start, but here goes! Loads of large yardage of Xmas prints, tons of lovely patterns that I can't wait to start, some templates, magnetic purse snaps, a set of 5" blocks, Olfa blade and replacements, lotion bar, tape measure, dry erase calendar board, mini business card tool kit, tiger tape, (started piecing this week, wish I knew about this stuff before!) clover makers, and some runts! I feel blessed and so inspired! My daughter who's 2 1/2 went through the box and all the fabric with me and had a blast. She's learning her colors so it was really cute! Thank you thank you!
What is the Tiger Tape?
Old 09-13-2013, 11:32 AM

Everyone's packages are awesome. I am sitting on the bench waiting patiently for my package. I thought Grandma Peg had me but one of her clues ruled me out. I haven't seen any since that is a possibility. So I sit and watch a humming bird fly around. Post Lady has come and gone today and nothing today. Maybe tomorrow. Anyone else can join my bench, bring a drink for us. )