Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -

Your doggie is sooo cute Mary! glad you got the little quilt. I had a time and a half trying to figure how to get it into a box without scrunching the ribbon up. You see I started out making a twister wreath. I was so happy with it everything cut and started sewing when the brain kicked in. I have a slow starter here guys. I realized I had cut four inch squares not five inches as needed. I wanted to do the floor flopping thing again and kick my feet but decided it would be better for my carpet to just suck it up and figure it out. I hope its not too simple as that was never the intent to start with.

I love the snowman! super cute and now i want to see that pic to the left of it again please!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    and look at those points! So together!!! I loved the dq, I have it laying on the back of my couch, and it is not too simple, just wish I could get my points, ends, binding like that!!!! anyway thanks for a beautiful quilt
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Mooretll,got my doll quilt today,FABULOUS!!! I love it soooo much Thank you. The colors are great.hope you can post a picture.

Blog Entries
    getting all set for my Dec. 18, total knee replacement surgery, so mailing my doll quilt out tomorrow. Hope my partner will post a pic . for me, I do not have the capability for it.

Praying for a total recovery, will go from hospital directly to a rehabilitation home. , hooboy, won't be home for CHristmas....... but will take the rest as it comes...

Merry Christmas to all. Jacie

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    This month I didn't enter the swap because I was visiting the Dr. so much .... but on this day of such sorrow to so many I got good news from my oncologist ..... the lymphnodes are all shurnk down to little bittiy ... which means no more tests for 3 months .... and we are cancer free for 6 months now .... this is the best Christmas present I've ever got .... so in Jan I will join back in .... Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!!
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Love and Christmas hugs to Krystyna ..... glad things are getting straightened around for you at last .... CQR
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Robin - Such wonderful news - yeah you!

Snowmen, wreaths, snowflakes, trees.....such wonderful DQs this month - great work everyone.

A note about my pic posting - The applique snowmen are the extra that HobbyKat sent to me. The last picture was added in error. The Angel is actually what I sent to HobbyKat and was not supposed to be in that posting - but I could not delete it.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Congratulations on your doctor visit! Wow that is better than anygift you could get under the tree. I am so happy for you Robin.

TODAY I received my pretty doll quilt from Pyschoquiltermoma (Mary). Thank you so much it was a wonderful treat. There was also a very sweet rice pack with pretty butterfly fabric and printed instructions on how to heat it. I wanted you to know I appreciate the time you put into making my doll quilt Mary and the extra little gifts. I will photograph it tomorrow and post pics but didnt wnat to wait to thank you. I did shake the envelope, nope no puppy for me either(I really did check).
    Linda

I am glad you liked your dq Linda. It was fun making her for you. Here is a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
    Mooretll,got my doll quilt today,FABULOUS!!! I love it soooo much Thank you. The colors are great.hope you can post a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    What a great way to end the year. Received this little beauty from Tam...Moo.
    Thank you so much... I Love it... Merry Christmas!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brandy; 12-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Jacie.....I had my knee replaced 4 years ago...also in DEC. But I got to come home after two days. My son lives with me and took real good care of me and we were living in a one floor apartment in MA. at the time. My recovery was very fast. I was walking the first day right after surgery. My Dr. believes in getting you up and moving. He also doesn't believe in having me exercise on this thing that I saw others using. It was like miniture bichycle peddle thing that could lie on the bed and you lie there and peddle. NOPE my Dr. got me up and walking down the hallway.
    This is a surgery I would do again if I need to for the other knee except....knock on wood...the other knee is fine.

CQR....How exciting for you. My niece just went through Chemo, radiation and now she has to go once a month for something that they put in the port that they left in. So far she is also CAncer free for the last 6 m onths. This thing they do every month is something I don't understand but it takes about 3 hours to do. But so far so good. I am happy for you and I know that you will have a very happy Christmas.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    This month I didn't enter the swap because I was visiting the Dr. so much .... but on this day of such sorrow to so many I got good news from my oncologist ..... the lymphnodes are all shurnk down to little bittiy ... which means no more tests for 3 months .... and we are cancer free for 6 months now .... this is the best Christmas present I've ever got .... so in Jan I will join back in .... Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!!
    Wonderful News! that makes for a very Merry Christmas and a great way to start a NEW YEAR!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Lisa B, urgodschild2, Linda, Paula thanks so much for your kind words .... I love this swap and the people involved with it .... to everyone here I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas .... life is good for me .... my prayers are with you all this Holiday season ... MERRY CHRISTMAS .... oh yes the quilts are so pretty ........ CQR
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

ugh knee replacement I had a patellar realignment that is so much better having been done but egad rather not sign up for that. they do get you moving pretty quickly.

Tam moo what a great doll quilt! superb idea. four packages even!

hey any suggestions thrown out by quiltingkrazy/krystyn for Januarys DQ swap? I was just curious

oh and its snowing outside. a balmy 20 right now. Yippeee (not). I like snow in the movies only. Its also pretty from the couch. Not so much outside or on those monster work boots my DH loves to wear into the house and prop on my coffee table, snow and all. ARGH! should set up a chair in the wash room he can eat his lunch there on the washing machine lol how grand of me right? I just think they invented all those treads on the bottom to pull up chunks of pineneedles/mud/snow for ME. well snow is good so I will shut up now and snivel all by myself in the corner with a mop, rag and broom.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    No decision yet on January's theme.... I know you Elisabrat, you just want to get a head start! lol
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    How about a NEW Years theme we do all other holidays!!!! That could be fun !! Just a thought!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    GOD IS GOOD!!!! I am so happy to hear your news, it is a wonderful gift indeed.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    I actually got my quilt started this weekend. A few little tweeks, binding and it will be done!! It turned out cute, if I do say so myself!! Hope my partner likes it.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I was thinking new years too bubbles etc. someone else in another swap was mentioning mardi gras for Jan. and of course I want a head start. I am going to do another boom swap so I would love to be able to do both and if I start early... then I can play here too! I just finished quilting my mystery train quilt. I had two days to do it which is pretty hard for me. Regular sewing machine, getting on the floor to pin it (needing help to get off the floor mind you) and then smushing it in and out of the machine argh. finished binding at 12:40 last night. A 17 hour quilt day. Its done. Phew as it is leaving home today. so my table is waiting projects! projects! it calls to me. Maybe I will go rogue and just .. make a doll quilt and hope my partner likes rogue dqs.Name:  quilt inspector mystery quilt.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  653.5 KB
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Love your quilt! and the kitty. January. New year, new beginnings, yea, bubbles. I'm no good at thinking up themes, but I like to have their guidance. LOL
    Onalee Rose

Wondering why we don't do the theme for the next month. For January if we do hearts, then the doll quits can be displayed for all of February.

Blog Entries
    OK y'all how about for January, (for those who need/want a theme...like me) Since many may want holiday theme....
    let's go with a theme of THREE COLORS! that way you can use red, pink, and white for a Valentine theme or National Heart Month, OR... you can go with purple, gold and green for Mardi Gras theme. Maybe Red,white and blue for Presidents day. OR just any three colors that you like or your partner likes. What do ya think?
    Lisa B in NC

oH OH Yes! I can do that in a heartbeat! sign me up I am in I am in!

getting out scissors and fabric as I type lol..

ok here are a couple pictures I needed to post: one is an adorable ornament, a quail from dotcomdtv Dotty its so cute! check out the embroidery thread little things off the top of the head how perfect! and the next are photographs of the sweet doll quilt that psychomomma made for me. Mary I love how colorful it is. And she included a wonderful rice pack now to go find the picture of that and the hotpad she made me (or mug rug I used it as a hot pad today gulp and it worked lovely) ..
    Name:  dottys ornament to me.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  685.0 KBName:  marys dq to me psycomomma.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  724.5 KBName:  marys back to her dq.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  618.8 KB
    Linda

Linda your quilt is beautiful. I like the idea of three colors so we can make in January what will be displayed in February.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    I received a lovely Snowflake doll quilt from QuiltingKrazy yesterday. I love the colors and it has little shiney beads on the flake. It is awesome!!!!! I also received some lovely gifts. Lisa, you do such beauitful work! Thank you so much.

Name:  DSC00921.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  116.2 KB
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast