Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Swap Hosts

Can't wait to see what you come up with Lisa!

I'm very used to doing that kind of work. A few years ago I ripped out my front lawn (by myself) and all the icky shrubs and filled the front yard with planting boxes and replaced the shrubs with fruit trees and blueberry bushes.
Just not used to doing it with my bare hands! I don't even have pruning shears or a rake! I told hubby to whack it down when he gets to it and then LEAVE it there. Hahaha! Or the alternative ... go in with a can of gas and a match.

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
Krazy, QK, LisaB, anything else you care to call me is just AOK with me! And YES everyone should still send Krystyna PM's on the July swap..... Y'all can start sending to me with the AUGUST swap.... Speaking of Aug swap....I'm trying to come up with a really good theme.

Krystyna, I'm with you... the neighbors can just pitch a fit or cut it theirselves! If your not use to doing that kind of work on a regular basis it can kill you!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Hey, can we call you Krazy? LOL I am so glad you stepped up, I would hate to see this swap stop. Hey I'm a poet.
BertieD?! Where are you? I am diligently working on your little piece. Remember, I said I was having trouble getting started? Well, I started. Twice. LOL What I call a "rookie mistake". Was doing the flip and turn method of binding, you know, right sides together, sew around, turn!! Key term here "RIGHT SIDES". Took a while to rip it out! But it is almost done. I just need to find one item for it. It is a crazy, applique, odd shaped, did I say crazy? Once I got started I just kept on rolling with it. I am quite happy with it, and I hope you like it as well. I just love this swap! Seeing what others come up with seems to spark my creativity in ways I just don't get anywhere else.
Hey, Buslady, never fear -- Bertied is here. Guess what I did today? That's right! My July mini doll quilt. I started about 8 am, no breakfast, no lunch, no supper til 7 pm, no talking to hubby all day (his choice) and I finished it all except for the label and I may add an embellishment or two -- have to think on that. I bet I took every seam in that thing, and there were many, apart at least two or three times! But all small glitches aside, I think you will like it! I'm just happy to have it 99% done! I was so late getting started because of other sewing I had to do that I put the foot to the pedal and kept it warm all day! I was determined! WHEW! LOL!

That being said it sounds like BuzzinBumble has been replaced as hostess of this group and we now have KrazyLisa? Looking forward to getting to know ya!

Krystyna, that was a beautiful prayer quilt you sent CrazyRobin (lots of us are crazy it seems, haha) Did you embroider all those sayings or do you have a quilt program that sews them out or were they printed sayings, etc. Just curious because I know you do like to do hand embroidery. That was pretty special for Robin, bless her heart.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:52 PM

My DH and I have a mutual agreement - I don't start the lawnmower and he doesn't start the vaccuum cleaner - has worked will for the past 35 years LOL

Mind you, I cleaned the oven last Friday, excitedly told DH when he got home from work and his comment was 'I didn't know you had cooked enough in that oven for it to get dirty' ! Now I know why I don't do housework and prefer sewing all day - most of the hard housework you do goes unnoticed.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 PM

Lynnie, what he doesn't know is an oven can get dirty when it's only been cooked in one time!!! I don't start the lawnmower, either, I think DH thinks he's much better at mowing and I wouldn't argue the point as I have plenty to do otherwise. Like sewing room work-heh,heh.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 AM

Lawn mower? What's that? Is that the thing that makes so much noise a couple of times a week? LOL I have been on the hunt for one thing for BertieD's little mini for the month, DH and DMIL are headed to "the city" today and she has agreed to go into Joannes and get it for me. It is a ......... Yea, like I'm that dumb!! I really like what I did, and am sew excited to see what you think. I have the kids coming over on Wednesday after work to spend time on the beach, and I have to go out of town on Thursday--home Friday, then a ball tournament for DGD all day Saturday!! But, as they say, SOMETIMES A GIRL'S JUST GOTTA SEW!" Somewhere in there is a few minutes in the sewing area!!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I told him to forget about it. I'd rather pay a fine than have him laying dead in the heat.
Oh no! I agree. I hope he is OK.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:56 AM

Krystyna if you go over to your house with gasoline and a match make it look like an accident...might get the Insurance Co. the jolt they need! My heart aches for you! What a bunch of disgusting former neighbors! Read today more poeple die from heat strokes than heart attacks every year! Keep drinking water everyone.

Speaking of water my DDIL introduced me to water with slices of cucumber and lemon or lime (I prefer lime)..she makes it at night, refrigerates it and drinks it all day long. It is really refreshing and makes drinking water a lot more enjoyable for me.
Krystyna Please send us pics of your photo shoot!

Lara that was one quick reign...hope you are still going to be making DQs. Lisa looking forward to what you decide for August.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 AM

Cucumber water is Wonderful in the summer time when it is so hot outside. It makes you feel "cool" on the inside!

I'm sitting in my work office freezing my patootie off! Ya would think I'd keep a lap quilt in here to keep warm on days like these! We have some hot winded people in this office that figure it's easier for others to cover up!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:41 AM

I really do not understand the fascination of these infused waters, myself. I do not care for the taste. I guess I'm too addicted to diet soda. I got my DQ off to Alaskalice. Going from the desert of SoCAll at 106 degrees to cool Alaska. I wish I could go with it. We are getting into the RV and heading to Colorado's mountains and then north to Montana. Planning on going anyplace where the temperature is less than 90.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:36 PM

My quilt was sent out today to Vanogay. Expected arrival is Friday.