Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

Blog Entries
    Krisb, your DQ is beautiful!! It looks like the birdie is going to fly right off the quilt to greet you. Very Very pretty.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Wow, I missed a ton of DQ's, I've been off sewing. Had to go back a few pages. Gorgeous. Quilty louise, beautiful quilt. I love all the fun stitches. Lv2sew, Love the design. Is that reverse applique. I really want to try that. I saw it demostrated at the quilt show. But, I think I'm going to have to look up a tutorial on it to refresh my memory. I love all the summery' quilts. And the little vase with the kitties playing is too cute. That would be perfect in my house. We have three cats in our house who are always knocking over something and breaking it.(2 of them are hugh!)
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I received my DQ from Luv2sew today, it is beautiful!!!!!

When I opened the package my 3 y/o took the quilt away from me and said "oh, thank you , Mommy!" He then went on to tell me all about the picture and about his Sassycat and Jakecat (the two cats look just like our two cats!). He then brought it over to the couch, crawled under it and said he was going to sleep ...that lasted about 2 minutes

The quilt is just gorgeous, I love all of the details and all of the stitching! Thank you sooooo much! I think this will be going in my son's room
    Name:  june 003.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  958.7 KB

Name:  june 001.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  1.36 MB

You are welcome! I am so glad you like it! I have been wanting to try reverse applique for awhile and this project seemed perfect for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
    Look what I got in the mail yesterday from NinaLemon Thank you so much so bright and the other trinkets where nice too! Thanks again!!!
    Attachment 345276

Thanks so much, Almond! I feel the same about you, you and your quilts are wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by almond View Post
    Love the quilt ninalemon sent to you. I was her pattern a couple months ago. Anyone who gets her for a pattern is a very lucky person. Ninalemon, you are the best!!!! Keep up the good work.

Gorgeous DQ, Krisb!!!!!!!!!! I did have to google "
    broderie perse appliqué" - I love all of the things I learn in this group!

Quilty-Louise, I LOVE your quilt and the thread catcher! They are both awesome!!!! Great work,
    Juanitabean! Do you have a pattern name or link for that thread catcher, I want one!

Junior Member Happy Cat Quilter's Avatar
    Beautiful and such bright cheerful colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    ok, so the curiosity demon got me last night and I opened my squishy from Quilty Mom - what a treat! Her quilt invokes the memories of summer at my gram's in Atlantic City playing in the sand by the shore. I love the bright colors and the fancy stitches between each block (can't see them in the picture)
    Attachment 345186
    These flip flops on the back are just too cute! She also sent a starfish mug rug, a flip flop with nail stuff inside, and two hand made neck coolers! Those will be handy over the next few 100 degree days!
    Attachment 345188
    Thanks Sue - you are a wonderful partner. I hope they deliver your squishy soon.
    Linda

Another beautiful quilt! The talent on this board is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    I received the most delightful and AWESOME DQ from JuanitaBean
    yesterday. Must say that there is NO AMOUNT of photographs that
    can even begin to show the detail of this.

Gonna be hard for me to come close to that awesomeness.

I am going to have to make 2 posts in order to show all the pictures
    of the great quilt and other goodies I received.

Attachment 345256

Attachment 345257

Attachment 345258

Attachment 345259

Attachment 345260

Juanita THANK YOU AGAIN I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Linda

I love the quilt too!
    My husband has bird feeders to amuse the cat! Don't be alarmed, the cat is de-clawed, it was my intention for her to be in-door only, she is also is definitely not a hunter. She watches and tries very hard but has not captured a bird in two years, or ever for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    mmmm, that is beautiful!! i love all the colorful birds! unfortunately, so do my cats! i can't have houses or feeders or birdbaths so i get almost no birds around my house, which is a good thing for the birds.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    i've had 2 cocker spaniels who would jump up and catch swooping birds. the 2 i have now do not, and i'm glad. but one does catch rabbits. a sad but sweet story-- when our old cat, mel was very old and lived upstairs , his 'brother' simon once brought him a present of half a rabbit. simon left it next to mel's feed bowl. simon didn't try to eat it, it was very much meant for mel. i've never had another cat do that. mel lived to 21 and was getting close to 22 when he passed on.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Is the heat getting to you, Almond?
    OMG!!! Another senior moment
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NinaLemon View Post
    I received my DQ from Luv2sew today, it is beautiful!!!!!

When I opened the package my 3 y/o took the quilt away from me and said "oh, thank you , Mommy!" He then went on to tell me all about the picture and about his Sassycat and Jakecat (the two cats look just like our two cats!). He then brought it over to the couch, crawled under it and said he was going to sleep ...that lasted about 2 minutes

The quilt is just gorgeous, I love all of the details and all of the stitching! Thank you sooooo much! I think this will be going in my son's room
    Name:  june 003.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  958.7 KB

Name:  june 001.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  1.36 MB
    Well, I think it is obvious that darling quilt was made for your 3 year old. How could you resist his love for it? Hope you are able to snap a photo of him under the little quilt and post it.

Sounds like it spoke to his little precious heart!!!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Krisb and NinaLemon, you girls got adorable DQ's! Wow!

Not to be outdone, I received a gorgeous DQ from Lynnie25 today and will post pictures in the morning as DH is calling me, but I had to come on quickly and tell you all that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what she made me, but ya'all just have to wait til tomorrow to see pics! Stay tuned...I sent a PM to Lyn and want to say thank you here as well! You were a terrific partner! Thank you so much!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    recieved a darling doll quilt from my partner OOWEE today, beautiful choice of colors, fabric,and the nice extras's were super nice too. She makes clothesline craft articles, and sent me a really nice hot pad, plus a very cute and useful kleenex holder for my purse.. thank yhou OOWEE, sure are looking forward to a face to face meeting nt he fall on our way down to Florida. we'll have to plan to eat at STAN'S... thanks much, Jacie

Blog Entries
    oh, I do not have the capabilit of posting pics, so when OOWEE gets time maybe she will post for me...... ? sure!!

NinaLemon, no wonder your son loved the DQ you received from Lv2sew2011, its gorgeous. Reminds me of my childhood days on the farm, love the detail and animals.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    What gorgeous quilts! I love cardinals so much. We have a cardinal couple who live in our backyard. They are usually very shy so it's a treat to see them. I almost don't mind when they gorge themselves on my grapes.

NinaLemon, hearing about your son and the quilt was so heart warming. What a joy little boys are! That quilt is so charming. No wonder he loved it.

The applique technique is new to me too. Still learning.

Louise, I keep praying for a good long rainstorm in your area. I can't believe how big that awful fire has grown. Be safe!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I want to post pictures of the gorgeous quilt Lynnie25 sent me! I am such a happy camper! She took the traditional "storm at sea" pattern, and turned it into this stunning flower quilt! She used yummy batiks and did such a fantastic job. I found another great friend this month! Thank you again Lyn!

The second picture is a closeup of the quilt with the more true colors, and the last picture shows the back with her cute label and a wonderful sachet of lavender, which comes from a place just 3 hrs away from her. Sounds like a great place to visit!

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by rwquilts; 06-29-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    K,

Thank you, there are about 13-15 fires burning in CO right now
    with one of them expected to be 100% contained by this weekend.

So far the Waldo Canyon fire in the Springs area is the most property
    destructive fire in CO history as of last night it had burned 346 home
    it is LITERALLY wiping out complete subdivisions of homes. They was
    showing an aerial view of some of the neighborhoods and it was just
    sad to see 43+ homes burned to the foundations while leaving some
    houses untouched in 1 neighborhood they showed there was 8 houses
    (not all next to each other) still standing but the houses on either side
    of them was gone.

Here is a link to some aerial photos of the fire area. More info about
    Waldo Canyon can be found also if interested National news doesn't always
    give a "full" impact of the situation.

Both my MIL and FIL houses are still in danger. My MIL is on "stand-by"
    notice (stage before pre-evac), while my FIL is on pre-evac notice. My
    hubs and I are also on pre-notice to jump and run (drive) down to assist
    if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    What gorgeous quilts! I love cardinals so much. We have a cardinal couple who live in our backyard. They are usually very shy so it's a treat to see them. I almost don't mind when they gorge themselves on my grapes.

NinaLemon, hearing about your son and the quilt was so heart warming. What a joy little boys are! That quilt is so charming. No wonder he loved it.

The applique technique is new to me too. Still learning.

Louise, I keep praying for a good long rainstorm in your area. I can't believe how big that awful fire has grown. Be safe!
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Lyn, what a beauty! Such a creative twist on the Storm at Sea. Love it. Lucky you, Ronda!

Louise, what a nerve wracking situation. The smoke must be awful for so many, not to mention the loss of homes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this awful calamity.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    louise-- my heart goes out to you and your family. how terrible! prayers for their safety.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Louise what's the latest word on your in-laws...???
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    I just need to put on the labels and mail. Will be out today. Thank you starshine and handi for being my partners this month. I am sure you will have fun with them. If you need me to post photos, just let me know. Whew, made the deadline sick and all.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Nice quilt RW, it is so pretty. Love the label.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast