Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-16-2013, 03:22 AM

oooooooooooooooooo I am the one with the thermos with hot coffee? maybe hot tea, um nothing stronger........ this is the three elderly ladies sitting in the rockers. I do think its cute anyway. and maybe they are solving a "murder mystery, or any other kind of mystery."

Last edited by Psychomomquilter; 06-16-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 AM

all of you are doing some great dq's! sorry I couldn't be in the fun this time. but sure do plan to be in in July!!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:46 AM

My wonderful sweet mother-in-law lived with us until she went to heaven and her mind went also but I would sing to her hymns and when I did she would sing them with me..even when she new nothing, she would remember those words..that was such a blessing and it touched everyone who heard her..
Kathy

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Bertie you are inspiring me...I thought a Twister would be hard to do!

Guess what Anna? I finished the %&%*($ quilt and will mail it soon. I think I might like it now that it is finished! My husband was in Africa on business and came home with Malaria...once he got well it never came back again but he wasn't allowed to donate blood.

Krystyna I love those ladies but I don't see any stockings rolled by the knees!

Lara there are rails on mom's bed but they are just about 1/2 way down the sides. She will be getting full rails on Monday. Luckily she wasn't hurt badly..just a small scrape on her knee...she was actually hanging on for dear life when they found her. She swears someone told her to get up. She is really confused now..nothing makes a lot of sense but I agree with whatever she says. She can't even answer the phone anymore...I know it is just a matter of time before she won't know me. Today she was fussing because I never come over...I go every single day. Some of the things she says are really funny...they all were taken downstairs the other night when the storms were so severe...I asked her about it the next morning. She said, "Did I go downstairs? I don't remember!" She thinks Zach (my 9 yr old GS) just got a car. Life is interesting! At least she is not in any pain.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:38 AM

Kathy that is so beautiful about your time with you DMIL. Made me cry remembering mine. She was a wonderful woman too.
Sharon my heart goes out to you and your Mom. I hope the railings help.
Anna, any updates on your daughter?

Krystyna, I Love the artwork you found. The ladies remind me of a favorite poem many of you probably know, written by Jenny Joseph:

Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:53 AM

Bed railings are considered restraints. Normally they only put up one side. Can the bed be lowered?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Bed is lowered!!!! She didn't have far to fall and luckily wasn't really hurt. A nurse had just left her and she buzzed. The nurse said she was actually hanging on to the side of the bed with her feet and legs dangling. She has no memory of it at all. She is much like a small child now...sometimes a naughty child trying for attention. She is fussing about everything now even the things and people she loved most. My poor mother..

Lara I loved that poem! I am practicing now but I have to be careful...I am at the age they could commit me!LOL
Old 06-16-2013, 11:48 AM

Finally broke through my creative block. I haven't been able to do anything for a few weeks now. Today I have finished my DQ for Grandma Di, just need to finish the binding. I am so glad to finally get over the block.

Will be mailing next weekend.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:46 PM

DH and I have been gone all weekend and just got home. Karen, "Chasezzz" so glad that you are happy with your doll quilt. Lara, "BuzzinBumble" yes it is the little twister...and I adored your poem. BertieD, this was my 1st Lil twister quilt too. I was so scared to start cutting, but once I got going it was lots of fun to do.

Jan
Old 06-16-2013, 12:55 PM

Cheesehead, love your avatar and your adorable little twister quilt for Chasezzz. I am a lil twister fanatic and have made so many quilts using the twister tool.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:40 PM

Thanks Lynnie, the avatar was designed for me by a friend on another forum. A Cheesehead is a Wisconsin thing, it's the dairy state and home of the Green Bay Packers. If you have ever seen a football game in Green Bay, you will see many of the fans wearing these foam cheese shaped wedges on their heads.

Jan