Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Nancy in Louisiana..............your doll quilt is in the mail.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Swap Hosts

Here is the amazing red white and blue that Linda (LJDugas31) sent to Gaiatender.
Ladies, get ready to OOOOOFDAH!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420383[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails linda-dq-4.jpg   linda-dq-1.jpg   linda-dq-2.jpg   linda-dq-3.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Swap Hosts

Lynnie25 - I just retrieved a package from the mailbox from you ... I think it's ... FABRIC LABELS!!!!! Thank you!!!

So ... what DO you say instead of OOFDAH?

In keeping with the weird stew of languages in our household, my son and I had our own made up words that are the equivalent of OOFDAH ... I think this started when I told him about when I worked for National Lampoon and worked on the text of a Spanish language action comic strip spoof in which someone shouted CRAJOLA! This resulted in our own exclamations - Oofka! Och! Carambadah! and Ochdemana (since we don't have a tilda on the QB, pronounced ochdemanya).

So ... you'll all have to help me figure out a way to word the sign up so Admin doesn't bounce me off the board.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Ladies, I need two angels please. Gaiatender did not receive quilts for April OR May!!! Personally I think this is horrible and I applaud this kind and gentle soul for signing up yet again. Can anyone help? I think she deserves a DQ shower!!!
I think Gaiatender needs a little Aussie quilt, I will be her April or May partner. Pming you Krystyna
Old 06-21-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Lynnie23, you and I can be partners - I know your quilts and they are OOFDAH. No research needed!!

Hahahaha Vanogay, is that a subtle enough hint ????
Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 PM

Linda that is a gorgeous quilt you made for gaiatender! The cross stitch center is sooooo darling! And what is that beautiful white fabric around the border? Made up for the no show partners big time! Gaiatender you are a trooper to stick with it!

So ... you'll all have to help me figure out a way to word the sign up so Admin doesn't bounce me off the board.
Krystyna, i don't think the QB Admin could object to Oofdah. ...Could they? It's an innocent expression and just means something along the lines of "My goodness!"
Lyn, the expression is not used a whole lot in America, except in areas with a lot of people who have Scandinavian roots. But it is fun to say.

Krystyna, That is so cool that you worked for National Lampoon. See what I mean about you having led such an interesting life? Well guess what you intriguing girl you... I just finished your quilt at 11:00 tonight. If I can get my act together in the morning, find a good box, etc, I'll trot on over to the post office and drop it off.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 AM

I could make a quilt for Gaiatender. I'm a Rescue Angel, haha.

Ladies, I need two angels please. Gaiatender did not receive quilts for April OR May!!! Personally I think this is horrible and I applaud this kind and gentle soul for signing up yet again. Can anyone help? I think she deserves a DQ shower!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:44 AM

Bertie your quilt is out for delivery today! What time do you get your mail?
I typed a one page letter to Bertie and when I went to print there was a weird glitch and my Word 2010 program shut down. For the first time in 10 years it didnt save the draft...don't know why. Word is usually so good about it. So, I thought it more important to get it in the mail as promised and it is arriving sans note. My DH, DS and I are leaving for a state BBQ cook off here soon so will not see any QB postings till tonight. We are celebrating our youngest child's 24th B day. Ughhh I feel old.
Hope you like what I sent Bertie!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:46 AM

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 06-22-2013 at 05:55 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 AM

Tara, I didn't design it. Lisalisa sent me the pattern with my "traveling smiles joy filled quilt"...now visiting our Robin. I wasn't sure I would ever get it done...it was definitely trying my patience! Krystyna the YoYo's on the back are just printed on the fabric!

Now someone please explain the meaning of OOFDAH!

Love the map of the USA...that is fabulous!

Krystyna, I will send Gaiatender a little quilt but it will be a while before I can send it. I love the idea of a "mini-quilt" shower for her since she has had 2 duds in a row. I hope those ladies are no longer allowed to join us!

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 06-22-2013 at 05:57 AM.