Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    Felt it and then make penny rugs. They are real popular.
    Popular with who? That is the question. Hoping to make something for sale. Or ... should I just sell the fabric as is on Etsy?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I wasn't sure about the penny rugs so I googled it. I see our LQS has a lot of kits for that sort of thing. My issue is always that people do not want to pay what a project is worth. They think our time has no value. While looking, though, I had a BRILIANT IDEA!! Instead of just reselling the fabric, make up some kits. I would love to help you design a couple of patterns. Just print on white paper and pack in large zipper bags. Those kits sell for an obscene price and people pay it. Wall hangings, coasters, place mats, table runners, leaves, snowment, turkeys, monkeys..... yes, I went there. HaHa..
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

My friend and I always buy the little wool patterns for candle mats and penny rugs. Kits would also be great. Krystyna how big are the sample pieces? How many different colors are there? I am always interested in wool for small projects.

buslady love what I see I can't even start till next week on yours . TOOO busy quilting for others thing that need to be done for MOTHERS Day.

Blog Entries
    Mine has been done about a week now just waiting on partner!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar

Random acts of kindness 2013

Today I spent half the day in the hospital getting massive amounts of antibotics for a small infection
    I have aquired ..... one big shot in the butt and tons of tests that just might effect the stemcell harvest
    next Tue. but God is with me only 10 days of antibotics and tons of water to wash the bugs out of
    my system ..... came home and went to bed ..... when I woke up my DH was sitting on the edge of the bed with with a hand full of cards from the mail ..... ladies you made a bad day good ..... I simply love you all .... I woul love to thank :Buslady, NanaKathy55,LJDugas31, Goldsberry921,Luvstoquilt, Alaska Alice, Saduzy, BertieD, and
    Martha T. you are quilty angels ........ thanks so much for cheering me up and the lace and the heart and angel
    were so awesome ..... thanks for being such wonderful people ..... quilty hugsand love from my sicky bed ....
    P.S. what was that with N.C.I.S. ????? Any fans here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crazy Quiltin Robin

Blog Entries
    I am so glad we could put some spark in your day. God Bless.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Robin, there are more on the way! Watched NCIS ... I guess the plot thickens with Gibbs in hot water.
    Krystyna

Go slow young lady and stay home away from all those germs at the market and such.. give your body time to heal. I think you have God on your side and things will be ok. I know you have lots of love from lots of your quilting friends. You are strong. Believe in this.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Robin, I love N.C.I.S. but don't know what happened in last show. Krystyna said Gibbs is in hot water. ?? I got hooked on "Person of Interest," "Golden Boy" and "Blue Bloods" so now I HAVE to be sure to watch final episodes next week!

Blog Entries
    I'm terrible. Or great. depends on how you look at it. I watch all of the above!! Tape them all, and whenever possible watch them commercial free! What kind of hot water is Gibbs in? Who is Red John? What will John do with his new found information? How will they get the gangs under control? Oh, and not to forget, What's up with Hetti? Does anyone watch Bones? How about Greys Anatomy? Then the other side of the coin. Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly? When in the world do I find time to sew? LOL
    Onalee Rose

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BertieD View Post
    OMG...you have the Michael Miller giraffe fabric????? I love that!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
    Yes Bertie-I make little button dolls, some are rabbits, some are very "original" and shabby, I go to junk stores and buy old rag dolls and fill a shelf by my sewing machine with them, I look at them often, I just love them, not sure why. Lately I've been finding little doll clothes at the stores so I get those and make little wire hangers and hang them up too! Funny what we like.
    Please, please send a picture...I love to play with dolls, too!

Robin take care and get rid of the infection..thoughts are with you and love is all around.
    Krystyna I saw a quilt made with wool squares and it wasn't even lined..it was beautiful.
    Buslady I loved the sneak peak...it looks so pretty.

I mailed my quilt today ...Bertie you said I was fast and you mailed yours before I did!LOL
    Last edited by luvstoquilt; 05-08-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    I'm terrible. Or great. depends on how you look at it. I watch all of the above!! Tape them all, and whenever possible watch them commercial free! What kind of hot water is Gibbs in? Who is Red John? What will John do with his new found information? How will they get the gangs under control? Oh, and not to forget, What's up with Hetti? Does anyone watch Bones? How about Greys Anatomy? Then the other side of the coin. Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly? When in the world do I find time to sew? LOL
    Red John is the guy who killed The Mentalist's family and he's been trying to catch him ever since. Kind of like "The Fugitive" story with David Jansen from way back. Don't know what's going on with Hetti--she's kind of a strange character. Watched "Bones" a couple of times, never watched Greys Anatomy and watched the Big Bang Theory til the main character got a girlfriend. Kind of ruined it but it's so silly it is kind of funny--like the ole "Get Smart" show.

I assumed the theme for May and had started something early but everyone knows what happens when you "assume" something. Not a clue what June's theme will be so will have to wait til June 1 to start that one, lol!

Blog Entries
    June is going to be - pick one - self portrait or where I live. Both for you to interpret.
    Krystyna

Oh dear! I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures from April's doll quilt! I'm getting closer! Robin, you are LOVED!

where I live will be easy right now. I would just have to quilt a plain white piece of fabric, because All I see is fog! We have winter, fog, a little tiny bit of summer and fall. Fog is a season here. It won't leave until after the 4th of July! Have not a clue about a self portrait. I will be working on my Partners quilt tomorrow. I sew once a week with a friend.
    Not sure what I am doing, yet. One thing leads to another.

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Ladys, you make my world so much better ...... the lastest in this saga is the meds from yesterday I had a reaction to and so we have to change it .... but my oncologist said as long as there are 3 or four days on the antibotics we can procede with the harvest of the stem cells ....... I'm thinking Gibbs is our cliff hanger .... they have to have a lead in for next season .... I love N.C.I.S. have watched it from the begining ..... my brother was a Navy cop for 30 years ...... he popped my bubble and said they don't have any guys like Gibbs and no Abbys but I didnt care he is just a party pooper .... Any body watch Criminal Minds ????? sometimes it shows too much of the human dark side .... OMG I wastch too much tv ......lol....... Survivor ??????? who's gonna winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being my friends ladies
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

hi hope you all are well...Been off for a few days...had a toothache and backlogged at work...haven't started my crazy yet but my fabrics and some of my extras are picked...Krystyna- I have a lap quilt from my granny that is simple patch done in virgin wool on one side and flannel on the other and tied...no batting...it's very toasty and one of the ones that everyone fights to use while watching tv in the winter time.
    Brenda

ohh I started cutting today. I have waves, sand, sky, wacky happening big time. I have had a couple lovely chats with annaquilts. She is an amazing woman. I believe she is a blessing and yet has been blessed also.

Crazyquiltrobbin: patience right? tough. I learned to let it be. Its an internal thing.. go with what is happening. If one way doesnt work.. believe another will. I am glad the tv is keeping you busy. I watched a ton of cooking shows in the hospital now I think it was because well. the food... lol.. I could dream about real food that way.

I have wanted to make a wool mug rug (go quilts.com I think?) tons of choices but not sure if I have the hand skill for this. They are reasonable for the smaller kits to try I think. Buying the wool wow is not cheap however. I wonder would they qualify as a DQ? they are not quilted per say with quilt fabric.. hum... Krystyna your swap this counts as ok or not ok?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Elisabrat, I think the wool would qualify for the mini quilts. Whip me up one after you finish your Crazyquilt, haha.

Where I live? Hmmmmmm? Was lost in shallow thought for a moment but then it flashed into my mind--okay, I can do that.

Blog Entries
    I love "where I live"...I think I can do that....

Robin I wish I was into those TV shows you watch...I am a PBS junkie personally...Love those English shows...Mr. Selfridge right now Downton Abbey before...also love to watch "the Hoarders" because I am afraid I might become one! I started cleaning out my stash a tiny bit after I watched that show! Hope your new meds are working for you! Hang in there...we are all behind you all the way!

Krystyna, If you have more wool than you want, let me know and I will purchase! I have been looking at Thrift stores because the quilt shop prices are astronomical! I love wool throws!!!!

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Oh. Hoarders. That always gets me moving to clean up clutter!
    Krystyna

Hmm. I think where I live would be pretty easy. Self portrait might be a real challenge Might have to try both to see what happens.
    Robin I hope everything is going well. I'm praying for you.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast