Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts

I've noticed the 'stickies' on some of the places. What does a 'stickie' mean? I started a crazy something--not sure if that will be what I wind up sending for May swap or not. I liked it and then I added something I didn't like, so I removed that part. Hmmmm? Now what? I will have to go back to Post #66 and check out the link for the May 2012 crazy quilts that were submitted and take a looksee.

Speaking of spiders, at Christmas craft sales there are usually people selling beaded spiders for your Christmas tree. I have one but I don't know if I still have the legend that came with it or not.

I should be sewing but I'm not!

fans are also a part of traditional crazy quilts.
    Brenda

Hey, I'm with BertieD -what is a "stickie" ? I think it's something to do with a whole lotta people responding to a thread? Well if blah-blah-blah is what we need I gotta a whole of it, just let me know! :----)

I am here to say NO SPIDER WEB NOTHINGS EVER like NEVER like NEVER EVER. With spider webs come spiders. Now there is absolutely nothing LUCKY about a spider so you guys are all walking with "the little people" forget it. Native Americans use a dream catcher (a sybolic spider web) to catch your dreams before they fly out of your home. Ok well my dreams are not all that so they can fly out anytime. And if it caught MEMORIES like current short term memories I might consider it (no no I wouldnt). I am one anti spider person to the 100th degree.

Stickie Alert: We have one so your safe but post away it encourages people to come check us out! I think a wonky chicken is in my horizon.. Tracibug???

Also: I promise to not propose to any more members when your looking ok? that is a good compromise! and the DH tells me I cant bring home another wife no way no how . ... apparently one is enough. I would like a wife! I say two men are one too many for sure. anyone else agree with me?? unless a second hubby rubbed ankles and um gave scalp massages and did dishes and laundry and smiled while doing it.. then a second hubby might not be too horrible. especially if he was a honey do guy. oh yeah.. rethinking this.. nah more in another wife. they do EVERYTHING lol..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Be not afraid! Here is a link to some crazy quilt links from last year.
    Thanks for these links ....its a great start
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Whooo hoooo!!! Another Aussie! As I just wrote to Lyn ... you're both in such a teeny tiny country ... I'm certain that you both know every single quilter down under! So you must know each other. Right?
    Hi Krystyna here is a little trivia for you.
    As of April 2013, the estimated population of Australia is 22,994,689. (From http://wiki.answers.com/)
    I don't really think we are small. lol We DON'T have kangaroos and koalas in our back yards as pets and we don't all live on farms as in "the outback". Yes, I get asked that quite often so I don't mean to offend anyone who thinks that lol. Just a little bit of fun here.
    I live near the beach in a coastal large town. We have aprox 320,000 people in my small city. (prob more as these are old stats.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...w_South_Wales)
    We don't have different acsents like the US or English do. (No pun intended)
    If anyone wants to find out more just ask me or have a look at this site...says it all. http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/people_culture.html
    By the way I do know Lyn on the board but only through the swaps. She lives like 3-4 days driving from me and over an ocean.lol I also buy a lot of my quilting fabric from the US. Quilting isn't all that big here but the fabric is very very expensive at the few quilt shops around. Hope I've enlightened you all Yawn Yawn WAKE UP NOW!!!
    Last edited by mrsmck; 04-23-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by mrsmck; 04-24-2013 at 12:52 AM.

great selection of beauties to adore thanks Mrsmck which selection will you be whipping out for our viewing??
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    MrsMcK, thanks so much for those links. There goes my morning!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Sassy

It's raining here in Northeast Ohio so my husband had to use his umbrella today. I happened to look out in the sunroom and here was this crazy kitty sitting under his umbrella. Please excuse her wild eyes!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Okay. I finally got through all 117 pages of May 2012's Crazy Quilt Doll Swap. I wanted to see all the little quilts. Kept losing my place but Krystyna kept patiently putting me back on track, lol! Now I do remember how to get here, I think.

From looking at all of the past crazy quilts, the one I'm working on for May 2013 looks pretty tame! I will add some more to it, haha.

I also got started looking at a chicken block swap but lost my place about halfway through that one, too. I may never leave this computer chair again -- there is just so much to look at and read about on here. WHEW! I gotta go rest my tired 72 year old eyes!

One thing I'm really getting a chuckle out of is all the good-natured bantering back and forth between all you that seem to know each other. Must have been in several swaps together. And I LOVE all the sign-off lines. I need to start a little book and write those all down. I do get confused at all the two-name people in trying to remember who's who. Board Name and Real Name.

Just Bertie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    great selection of beauties to adore thanks Mrsmck which selection will you be whipping out for our viewing??
    Probably none lol...Ive already found something a little crazy...well sort of chaosy and whacky...wonky or weird - prob not. Embellished yes. I hope who ever gets it will love it. I can see myself making more.

Blog Entries
    I am NOT making this, would something like this pass as Quilty Chaos for a Crazy Quilt?

I have included a link to this FREE pattern if anyone would like it.
    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...ilts_ss22.html
    Last edited by mrsmck; 04-24-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    OK -- decided to get ahead of myself for once and started on my crazy quilt -- spent the WHOLE day on it, and all I have to show for my work is a barely 12" square! Never has so much time and so many words gone into something so small. My advice to anyone who hasn't started theirs yet -- don't overthink it. My bits and pieces kept getting smaller and smaller and smaller. Don't think too far ahead. Don't be too precise. And use an iron or it all goes wonky (like mine did). Glad this theme only comes once a year.

YEA!! I have an idea on what I am going to do for my crazy quilt...now to get started on it

Blog Entries
    Sue (Skaduzy for Bertie's benefit ) I love Sassy's beautiful blue eyes! Looks like she found a good new spot to keep dry!

MrsMcK - Cute quilt -- but not too crazy, IMHO. Come on -- scare us a little!

Nancy, sounds like you're having fun! Don't let it shrink too much. Some of the ladies prefer slightly larger quilts! Good idea about ironing down the pieces. They do tend to get lumpy bumpy.

Bertie, I'm glad you're having so much fun here. Yes, some of us have been around this swap for a while. It was one of the first swaps I joined and I liked it so much that when Chele said she was stepping down after three years, I didn't want to see it disappear, so I volunteered. It has been a wonderful experience and I think that getting to know everyone is just as -- if not more -- precious to me than the quilting! We are all so glad you've joined us. Now don't you dare try to slip away! (BTW, the second swap I joined was the Secret Pal swap which many of the ladies participate in as well.)

StephT - Soooooo???? Whatcha makin'?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    ok here is a traditional crazy pattern out of one of my Aussy magazines. If anyone wants the pattern pm me or you could prob find one on the net somewhere. You can add heaps to this basic pattern and make it your own.

I just looked at the 2012 crazy quilts. I just loved the Victorian vintage ones. It was amazing to see how much work went into such a small quilt. Wow! Now I have to get thinking, but still need to complete my April quilt and send by the deadline. Will I ever learn not to procrastinate?

I've got a good start on my nature crazy quilt. Just needs some embellishment. That's going to take a while. My fingers are getting sore. Oh well, I'm enjoying it.

Blog Entries
    MrsMcK, that is a very nice design, indeed!

Grandma Di, if you look at last year's thread, you'll see that we often gave sneak peeks ... hint hint hint!
    Krystyna

Krystyna's got my number, hehehehe. Thanks for Sue = Skaduzy, hahaha.

mrsmck, the pillows are beautiful! My DH just tosses mine on the floor when he gets ready to come to bed, lol! So I don't bother with pillows anymore between him and the dog not liking them. I have three friends from Australia in another group I'm in. Fran lives in Whyalla, Pamela in Bateau Bay NSW and Rosie lives in Camden South NSW.

I joined a Chook block swap years ago and all my chicken blocks are still dreaming of becoming a real quilt!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmck View Post
    ok here is a traditional crazy pattern out of one of my Aussy magazines. If anyone wants the pattern pm me or you could prob find one on the net somewhere. You can add heaps to this basic pattern and make it your own.

How pretty.
    I love this!
    In my quilt lab!

Well here's a sneak peak. I'm kind of liking it. Name:  DSCN1622.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  986.1 KB

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Did the dumbest thing -- was happily sewing along on mine and when I finished and took it off the machine, I realized I forgot to put on the backing -- did all the embroidery work on top and batting. Oh well. At least the back looks nice and neat.

Grandma Di -- I think you have me as your partner, so keep up the good work and send it along when you're done. I think it's looking great so far. Love the idea of a nature theme.

Just looking for buttons and tiny things to accessorize my little quilt -- at least it's bigger than a pot holder. This is the first time I've done anything like this (and probably my last) but having fun anyway. Definitely outside my comfort zone. I'm gettting hooked on all these reference websites and seem to lose hours in cyberspace. Right now it's 3:15 in the afternoon and I'm still in my PJ's. But boy, do I have some ideas! Thanx for posting the various websites.

I guess I'm in for next months swap. I pmd Krystyna. DH and I are going to the big city for Dr. Appt., so I will get some embellishments at Joanns. I only get there once in awhile, since it is a 2 hr. drive one way.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast