Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Thought you Ladies might want to see some pics from my Hippie party. It was a blast!!
    The first pic is my Brother-in-law,Daughter and Sister-in-law.
    The next pic is myself and my Husband
    The third pic is The cake my Daughter-in-law made me.
    The fourth pic is my little flower child Hannah my grandaughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    How fun! So glad you shared the pictures...looks like a great party!
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Blog Entries
    Such cute pictures! love the hippy pants!Your granddaughter is so cute!

My quilt top is finished, now I am quilting it! Decided to do it with the machine, it goes faster and usually looks better!

We have cold weather here, thank goodness for the electric blanket in my sewing room. I have a twin bed in here, hubby is still at the job site in Orange County, and I am home with the cats.

I haven't a clue how to turn the furnace on. I will check it out tomorrow. The furnace is in the basement, I have to go outside to get to it, I am such a big baby when it comes to going outside at night by my self in the cold dark night!!!!! Too many scary movies when I was young, so tonight I will sleep in sewing room with both cats and my lap top and electric blanket! Snug as a bug in a rug! Can't think about scary movies!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Oh Marybeth, I would be afraid to go out too. All those little noises and such and my imagination will run wild.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    IM BACK!! Miss me? I am hoping with luck lots of luck I can sew a bit today. you guys make me laugh, Quiltingkrazy you can jolly well keep your joy of your snow to yourself. It snowed last night. It was supposed to wait til later today after I got back from dialysis. I can not go to dialysis today because my ride can not drive in the snow, or should I say will not. She said to reschedule it for Monday so I will. friggen A. So snow love it just not when I have to go somewhere. Ok turkeys have you guys really looked closely at turkeys? I feed them every single day and love them. That said they are one ugly ugly faced bird. They also run like something out of Jurrasic park and will attack your car, surely attack your dog or cat and win. Lovely birds. I think they are so much prettier on fabric. Mine are brown. their heads are white. They only turn red when they are angry or defensive territiory wise. IE when another male wants to show his stuff then the feathers go out and their heads go red. That is your turkey lesson of the day. My quilt top will hopefully get a sash today its coming Quiltingkrazy its coming. my left arm is totally out of commission for now. One armed quilting! I like it. (no choice)
    Thank you for the lesson about turkeys. When I lived in Boston, I went over to pick up my son-in-law at the Harvard Med School and two turkeys were on the sidewalk. Now this is not in the woods folks. Anyone who tried to walk down the sidewalk on that side was chased by the turkeys. I took lots of pictures and just laughed and laughed.
    Boston area has lots of small streams with a little woods next to them and the birds live in there along with the white Swans and Canadian geese.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Dotty, I dropped the quilt top in the mail box today so it should go out tomorrow. I also included some $ for batting/backing/thread. Krystyna's quilt block is also in the package. Thank you so much for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Yes, we are making a quilt for Krystyna and also collecting quilts for her community. If you do a lap top quilt, I will get it quilted. I made a beautiful quilt from Boom 6, but I can part with it. I just looked thru UFO tops and found a few I can also give. I do not like to quilt and am spoiled by sending out for pro longarm work. But I can do this and some motivation goes a long way. Please put your name on anything you contribute! TY Dotty

dotty and ladybug quilt blocks for K's quilt going in the mail today...
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by mooretll View Post
    Thought you Ladies might want to see some pics from my Hippie party. It was a blast!!
    The first pic is my Brother-in-law,Daughter and Sister-in-law.
    The next pic is myself and my Husband
    The third pic is The cake my Daughter-in-law made me.
    The fourth pic is my little flower child Hannah my grandaughter.
    omgoodness what fun... Hippy birthday...
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Thanks ladies for the bd wishes.
    I have at least two completed quilts and maybe one top along with the square for K will try and ship tomorrow. am also working on my dq for my partner .
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    YEA HURRAH! I've got my DQ's done! Now to just get mailed! Sometimes that seems harder than making them!
    Sneak peaks will be posted later tonight!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

NanaKathy55, I mailed your DQ today. You should get it on Friday. Sure hope you like it.
    I've got yours up for Thanksgiving. I kind of suspected you did the painting on it. You are
    very talented! I feel lucky that I was your partner and Tom Turkey is mine!!! Thanks again, Kathy.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Good evening ladies,

I just wanted to post a quick update. Krystyna and her DH moved into their apartment in Baldwin, NY. Its a cute little 1br in a garden complex, but had to go out and buy everything they would need for the apartment, seeing how everything they own got destroyed or contaminated from Sandy. Her new address is:

Christine Hirschfeld
    2363 Grand Avenue Building 15, Apt B1
    Baldwin, NY, 11510

everyone on the south shore of Long Island NY that i know, is still trying to pick up the pieces of what we have left. A lot of my friends lost their jobs bc of the hurricane, and I can't start my new job bc of it. BUT the important thing is that we're all alive. While Krystyna is still settling into her new place, she doesnt have internet yet and her BRAND NEW CELL PHONE crapped out on her the other day, SO she has no phone. I'm off to bed. hope everyone on the board has a wonderful, and happy Thanksgiving!!!! I know what we are thankful for here, that we still have eachother, and i know that my future mother in law is thankful for her family and friends, cyber or not!!! we thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and everything else!!!

Blog Entries
    Good News! Thanks Melissa for the update. I'm glad they have a roof over their head once again. Give her 'Quilty Hugs' from all of us!
    Lisa B in NC

Dotty-quilt square for Krystyna will be in the mail Thursday AM.....I know she will love it. Thanks for all you do.

I am working away on quiltymom's DQ... She also sent me a PM letting me know that she mailed my DQ. I soooo can't wait to see it!! I hope to have hers in the mail by the end of this week.

Are we doing a DQ Swap for Dec.? I sure hope so. I would be fun to make a Christmas DQ!!

I have FINISHED my dq for quiltingkrazy! its absolutely what I wanted with the exceptions of the little mistakes which is not absolutely what I had wished for but totally me. it is.. what it is. I am happy it got done with the old arm on vacation it was one lucky day for me all around. I have mystery cookies in the oven. Mystery as I didnt bother with a recipe had quarter a bag of chocolite chips half a bag of butterscotch, some slivered almonds some vanilla some almond extract some brown sugar some white and butter. it had better be good. and half a tsp of baking soda as I figured half a batch.. usually about 1 tsp and yes I threw the bags away before I stored the left over chips and had no recipe. who keeps a recipe for that around? I dont do cook books and they were working on the net. wish me luck either good cookies or omg skunk food .. they like most things that are not fruit or veggies. dont ask me how I know it would be secret information ..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Mystery cookies sound pretty good to me! YUM!
    Lisa B in NC

Love looking at the quilts so far. Getting ready to go with my daughter to afternoon tea at a friend's house. Should be lots of fun. I miss my sewing machine and sewing. The best I can do down under here is to knit. I have made 9 hats already. But I at least can come on line and look at all the gorgeous quilting all of you have done.

Blog Entries
    just spent a week with my adorable dgd. she is 15months old and a toot! always good, always happy, and very quick. she said "i love you grammy". i am total mush! but that made 2 weeks of no sewing! will be chaining myself to the machine! soon, lynnie, soon!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

ok gotta ask, if you have to be chained to something could there be anything better than a sewing machine? sign me up, ankle is out and ready get those puppies on I like the idea oh sorry cant do laundry chained to my machine right now, nope you have to cook tonight look? chains stuck here. now that.. I can do.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Last call for blocks for Krystyna's quilt. If they come late, they will go into a pillow case. I will send them to be assembled & quilted Monday, 11/19. Robin planned this for Christmas. If you have not had time, any small gift for Christmas would be nice. I'm a big fan of potholders. Or a card with greetings. Or, a valentine later on. Thank you all. The ravages of the storm will be felt for a long time.
    Dotty in NYC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Last call for blocks for Krystyna's quilt. If they come late, they will go into a pillow case. I will send them to be assembled & quilted Monday, 11/19. Robin planned this for Christmas. If you have not had time, any small gift for Christmas would be nice. I'm a big fan of potholders. Or a card with greetings. Or, a valentine later on. Thank you all. The ravages of the storm will be felt for a long time.
    Will be looking to see picture of all the blocks!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Mine went in the mail yesterday along with 3 quilts and a quilt top and two gifts for K hope you get them in time.

Now to get my dq finished and mailed.

Blog Entries
    My DQ is going to go to the PO right now! bad news thou, I can't find our camera, I did take a picture with my web cam... Although I have to admit it is a pretty bad picture... So I am hoping my partner has a camera and can take a picture! I think it turned out cute, but have to admit my free motion quilting is still in the baby stages.

Too much to do and too little time!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast