Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Summer 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme: (Purples) >

Summer 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme: (Purples)

Summer 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme: (Purples)

Old 07-17-2017, 03:25 PM

Just received mine as well! Youngest daughter and I had fun looking through them. The wheels in my brain are turning, but I don't really get to use them until I finish hand quilting the one I'm on (should finish tonight) and a thank you table topper for a relative. THEN I can play with the purples
Thanks, Red, you are an awesome hostess!!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:43 PM

Thank you, Red! That was fast!
Old 07-17-2017, 06:58 PM

I received my package with the purple charms too! Thanks to all!

RedS, Thank you for your time and efforts. It was a lot of envelopes you had to deal with.
Your experiment with the clips was interesting. What type of glue did you use? I wonder if it would help to rough up the clip with sandpaper first, in order to help the glue hold tighter? The fabric was cut so perfectly, I wondered it you cut it after it was attached with a razor blade or exacto knife?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:05 PM

Received my beautiful purples today! Thank you fellow swappers and than you Red for letting me join the swap at the last moment.
I received from
Red Stilettos
JuanitaBean
Linda D
Jane Quilter
Sunrise450
Pinkflowers
AnnieQuilts
BarbaraKibler23
Jaba
givio
Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 AM

No purples yet but I feel there is plenty of time for them to get here. In the meantime I can be happy for those that have received theirs.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
I received my package with the purple charms too! Thanks to all!

RedS, Thank you for your time and efforts. It was a lot of envelopes you had to deal with.
Your experiment with the clips was interesting. What type of glue did you use? I wonder if it would help to rough up the clip with sandpaper first, in order to help the glue hold tighter? The fabric was cut so perfectly, I wondered it you cut it after it was attached with a razor blade or exacto knife?
Hi Givio: I was experimenting with fabric glues. I was wondering about adhering issues, so if any of you have any please let me know. I think your idea of sanding the clip lightly first might be a good idea. I also was wondering about mod-podge (like what we used back in the 70s!). As for the cutting? I took a 2.5" charm and cut in half and then just trimmed to the length I needed. Was relatively easy, and I think I see more of them in my future. Might be fun for the office, or even office coworker gifts. Glad you liked them!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
No purples yet but I feel there is plenty of time for them to get here. In the meantime I can be happy for those that have received theirs.
Sunrise if you don't receive today, please let me know as I mailed them all priority mail. I'll do a tracking for you if they don't arrive for you today
Old 07-18-2017, 07:51 AM

Red I make shabby chic clips and sell them to hold a small picture .sold a lot to co workers. I use cloth washi tape . I have used paper with mod podge also works. I put flowers pearls exc. I will send you a few maybe will help you create yours.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Red I make shabby chic clips and sell them to hold a small picture .sold a lot to co workers. I use cloth washi tape . I have used paper with mod podge also works. I put flowers pearls exc. I will send you a few maybe will help you create yours.
LJ: that sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see some pics! I am not good at creativity, but I can do a mean copy hehe
Old 07-18-2017, 03:28 PM

Received my purple charms today and they are awesome! Thank you, Redstilettos for hosting and for the cute clip - very clever!