Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2.5” Charm Swap, signup ends January 31, 2017

Winter 2.5” Charm Swap, signup ends January 31, 2017

Winter 2.5” Charm Swap, signup ends January 31, 2017
    Swaps need to be in my hands by
    February 24th

If I receive ALL swaps early, distribution back to swappers in late February.
    Let’s aim to be early! If not, distribution will be the first week of March.

Let’s have tons of fun, and of course we must all follow all the basic QB swap rules, found here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.html

You may swap up to 10 bags with 50 different 2.5" square charms in each bag. Please fussy cut if your fabric print requires it. Send the kind you hope to receive. Only send 100% quilting cotton squares! If you participated in the fall swap please send different fabric. Everyone enjoys new charms!

Do Not Send: thin fabrics, homespuns, dotted swiss, denim, flannel, polyester or polyester blends, eyelet, wool, linen, fleece, knit, broadcloth, seersucker, Etc. Only send 100% quilting cotton, please.

Take your time cutting and be sure you have correctly cut 2.5” squares.

CUTTING/PACKAGING METHOD:
    We will be sending 50 DIFFERENT fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 50 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name & location on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "djmat Broken Arrow, OK"

Put all your swap bags in one big ziplock then affix a tag on it that includes your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment - your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Tyvek envelopes or padded flat rate envelops are the best shipping method. You can order the padded flat rate envelops from the post office online, in packages of 10, and they are free.

Postage: It costs $6.80 to ship the padded flat rate envelop. Please include a USPS Money Order for $6.80 in your big ziplock to pay to return ship to you. Very well hidden cash or stamps are okay. I cannot ship back to you until I receive payment. No personal or company checks, please.

PM (Private Message) me to sign up and indicate how many bags you intend to swap and include your real name and address to ship back to you. I will respond to you with my mailing address for you to mail all of your swaps to me for distribution to all swappers. Positive feedback for earlybirds will be awarded.

If you have questions, please PM me. Thanks!
    djmat
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

I'm in for 10. I will PM tomorrow.

Count me in for 10.

Yippee, 3 to begin!!!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Blog Entries
    I'm in for 10. After last fall, I made a separate storage bin marked, "already been swapped", the old bin is marked, "ready to swap" with the new stuff in it.

Let your buddies know about this swap, please!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

I would like to join in again, but realistically I don't need more charms I am nearly done piecing my charm quilt and I'm not ready for another just yet.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Is there such a thing as too many? I had to decline the Birthday swap to work on projects this year. This swap will keep my charm stash growing though. Hope others join in!!!
    Hope you post
    a quilt pic when you're done!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

DJ: I sent a pm asking if these 50 charms would have to be different than the ones I signed up for in the Birthday Charm swap. If not, I'm in If so.....I'll hit the next one you have.

Chris

I'll try to look this evening and see what I've got already cut. My shoulders have been killing me lately, especially when I try to use my rotary cutter. Owie. Maybe I'll have enough already cut to swap.

I & others join both swaps to gather for projects whether there are duplicates or not, to use in multiple projects.
    Regular 2.5" swap yields 500 charms with 10 participants, usually at least 10 sign up.
    Birthday swap yields +/- 1500 charms with +/- 30 participants, 25-30 usually sign up.
    Joining both, you could have +/- 2000 charms!
    Joining the 4 regular swaps during the year plus the birthday swap yields +/-3500, a good start to build your charm stash.
    Love to participate in both but I'm behind on so many projects & set 2017 goals! So I'm just hosting this year.
    Hope you will consider joining this swap!!! Love to see your choices & hope you like my new fabric!
    Waiting on 2 more PM sign ups in the wings.
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Ummm.........Sign me up! I'll do the 10.

In for a penny in for a pound, right? And after stepping on the scale this week I have a LOT of pounds. Ha! *smiles*

I'll pm you my info. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has in their stash!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm in dj, will send you my info. I'll do 10

I haven't done a charm swap before...I'm just curious how everyone else does it...Do you cut charms from your scraps? Stash? I have my scraps and stash sorted by color and a lot of 2 1/2 strips, I think maybe I could come up with 50 different charms!
    Kristi

Kristi-- I think most of us probably start with yardage or large pieces to cut 35 or so from it. Just easier to cut long strips and then subcut them (for those of us who don't have an AccuGo or something like that.) It's administratively easier to get all the sets ready (as soon as you know the total number of participants), collect your envelopes, stamps, and keep them all together somewhere.

You're ahead of the game if you already have 2.5" strips cut!

I'm not speedy, so I took a few nights to iron, cut, and sort. It was fun but I was sure glad I didn't procrastinate!

Kristi, we'd love you to join! Scraps, stash, strips, or some of each, you decide.
    PM me to sign up & state how many sets you want to swap & I need your addy. Let's have fun!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

ZoZee, you IN? Send me PM then.
    Thanks for the sweet extras that arrived today!!!! Love the cards, too!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

In for 10 sets! PM sent.

I'm thinking about it! Let me make sure I have it right:

EACH set is 50 different charm squares (2 1/2). The $6.80 is a flat rate postage which will cover from 1-10 sets (meaning the postage doesn't change for the number of sets). If I sign up for 2 sets, I'll send 2 sets and get back 2 different sets.

OK...think I got it!

zozee: I love cutting and ironing fabric too...I think that will be fun! And yippy! My strips are washed!
    Kristi

Uh...oh...I just realized that the Charm swap said "Winter". Do the fabrics need to be themed?? That might be tricky for me!
    Kristi

No themes required here, just simple a stash buster swap! So glad newbies participate, bringing in new fabric!!!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by djmat View Post
    No themes required here, just simple a stash buster swap! So glad newbies participate, bringing in new fabric!!!
    hugs,
    dj
    Excellent! Thanks dj! I should be able to get to my fabric this weekend!
    Kristi

Here's where we are to date:

AnnieQuilts-10 sets
    djmat-10 sets
    Jaba-10 sets
    Jane Quilter-10 sets
    kristijoy-2 sets
    Moonrise-10 sets
    P
    atrick's Mom-10 sets
    redstilettos-10 sets

Let's get the word out to our buddies to join!
    hugs,
    dj
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Just sent you a PM, djmat. I'm in for 10 sets. We are going through a stressful time with my DH job right now, so a scrap swap will be a fun distraction for me
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I have my squares all sorted and bundled. Count me in for ten.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast